Wireless 2019

TheWaters

1 hour ago, emojipurple said:

Future clashing with Sheck Wes :( I hope not! Also would migos be performing before Cardi?

Looks like it due to the stages/order :( am gutted myself. Don't think I'll leave the main stage all day besides probably during Stefflon Don haha. I just went off ordering on the poster and Cardi comes before Migos.

29 minutes ago, ConorC said:

How has Rocky gone from not even playing the main stage at Parklife last year to headlining Wireless, am I missing something?

I know Testing had only been out a few weeks by that point but it's not like that album exploded in popularity afterwards.

Yeah he’s a pretty weak headliner, especially at this point in his career what with Testing being pretty poorly received and then gone without much trace, but suppose a festival like Wireless has got a pretty slim roster to choose from and in name alone he’ll do the job. 

34 minutes ago, ConorC said:

How has Rocky gone from not even playing the main stage at Parklife last year to headlining Wireless, am I missing something?

I know Testing had only been out a few weeks by that point but it's not like that album exploded in popularity afterwards.

To be fair, BBK played the same slot as Rocky at Parklife in 2017 after headlining Wireless in 2016. Stormzy also played in the tent at Parklife 2017 before headlining Wireless last year, so there's precedent for stuff like this. The second stage at Parklife is pretty huge too, dunno about official capacity but that field must hold around the same amount as the main stage.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah he’s a pretty weak headliner, especially at this point in his career what with Testing being pretty poorly received and then gone without much trace, but suppose a festival like Wireless has got a pretty slim roster to choose from and in name alone he’ll do the job. 

Definitely feel that it would have made more sense to make Future a co-headliner with ASAP, but I’m not complaining because I’m only going on the Saturday!

16 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

To be fair, BBK played the same slot as Rocky at Parklife in 2017 after headlining Wireless in 2016. Stormzy also played in the tent at Parklife 2017 before headlining Wireless last year, so there's precedent for stuff like this. The second stage at Parklife is pretty huge too, dunno about official capacity but that field must hold around the same amount as the main stage.

Stormzy got bigger in that time between Parklife-Wireless though, and I think you could argue that BBK's star has been dwindling for a couple of years now.

Maybe Parklife is just brilliant value for the £120 or whatever, I dunno.

Has anyone thought that Rocky is headlining because he can bring the rest of A$AP mob with him? and Skepta? Reminds me of what Giggs did last year with a bunch of surprises, 

and when the headliner says “Skepta” the stage always ends up in a huge mob of guests and great vibe so I feel like this could be similar. 

Distinctly remember bbk and Pharrell doing the same a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, CactusChaz said:

Has anyone thought that Rocky is headlining because he can bring the rest of A$AP mob with him? and Skepta? Reminds me of what Giggs did last year with a bunch of surprises, 

and when the headliner says “Skepta” the stage always ends up in a huge mob of guests and great vibe so I feel like this could be similar. 

Distinctly remember bbk and Pharrell doing the same a few years ago. 

Tbf that name scribbled out below Rocky is probably Ferg. Still don't think it makes Rocky headlining much stronger.

Dx18mikX0AA_V4M.thumb.jpg.72d6731e0c237951458d48caf5ee7826.jpg

Edited by ConorC

On 1/28/2019 at 3:22 PM, TheWaters said:

See you there mate ;) 

Made a clashfinder btw going off last years times and the stages it currently has for artists on the site.

https://clashfinder.com/s/wire2019/

really? Headliner only gets an hour set?

Wireless is more of an event than a festival isn't it?

i must be getting old as i know noone else on the sunday. Best do my research but if anyone has any pointers on any of the artists on thew Sunday hmu!

5 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

really? Headliner only gets an hour set?

Wireless is more of an event than a festival isn't it?

i must be getting old as i know noone else on the sunday. Best do my research but if anyone has any pointers on any of the artists on thew Sunday hmu!

Last year's times won't be a completely accurate representation as it was meant to be DJ Khaled on the Sunday who doesn't have much in the way of talent.

2 hours ago, stanh said:

the majority of sets at wireless are between 25-45 mins, headliners get (from previous years) 60-90 mins - but obviously varies a fair bit. i'd imagine cardi b n migos will each get 60 mins, travis 80/90 mins and asap getting 60/75 mins. 

those times are most accurate

Travis easily getting 70/80mins

1 minute ago, stanh said:

He has enough content to fill like a full 2-hour set - but ah well, its Wireless!

definitely does going by his US Fests he doing 80mins so hopefully the same!

Saturday just needs someone like Ghetts to top it off. Needs a big UK rapper