Wireless 2019

TheWaters

1 hour ago, iFirework said:

What's everyone's predicted lineup so far?

exactly what Stanh said.

that last headliner is hard to guess. so many artists it could be. would've said giggs as he's just announced an album in the last 10mins but he co headlined last year 

I doubt it's Childish

19 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

they should be coming out and saying something

why? They publish their own info on their own platforms.

And there's endless fake posters for loads of different festivals. They'd spend all their time denying stuff, and if they somehow missed denying one their previous denials would have everyone thinking it was genuine. 

It's much better left alone, with them controlling what they control and ignoring what they don't and can't.

If people are really buying cos of that fake then I guess they'll learn a valuable lesson about the inherent faults with social meeja.

23 hours ago, iFirework said:

Do you have source or any footage of this?

22 hours ago, TGCarr said:

need source, it's definitely happening regardless

Saturday gonna be a madness

Wish they make it a Astrofest sort of thing 

No footage but I was there so I heard it with my own ears if that's good enough haha.

Friday has been the smaller headliner in the last couple years hasn't it? Or just less mainstream anyway (Chance at the time in 2017 and Cole last year compared to Stormzy/DJ Khaled (Drake) ) so shouldn't be Travis. I'd imagine if it's Travis, Cardi and someone like Future, Rocky, etc. then it would be one of the latter to do the Friday (Not saying either are small or not mainstream, but they deffo have less commercial appeal than Travis and Cardi right now). Cheaper tickets, easier to shift them for the weaker headliner.

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Friday has been the smaller headliner in the last couple years hasn't it? Or just less mainstream anyway (Chance at the time in 2017 and Cole last year compared to Stormzy/DJ Khaled (Drake) ) so shouldn't be Travis. I'd imagine if it's Travis, Cardi and someone like Future, Rocky, etc. then it would be one of the latter to do the Friday (Not saying either are small or not mainstream, but they deffo have less commercial appeal than Travis and Cardi right now). Cheaper tickets, easier to shift them for the weaker headliner.

Definitely that's why ASAP Rocky seems reasonable for Friday.

Saturday - Travis 

Sunday - Cardi with someone else 

15 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Definitely that's why ASAP Rocky seems reasonable for Friday.

Saturday - Travis 

Sunday - Cardi with someone else 

ASAP Rocky was a second stage headliner at Parklife this year. Doesn’t seem like a reasonable headliner at all.

Anyway, if it’s Cardi and Travis for the other two then they’ll surely have a British act for the other one. I would think a lot of people at Wireless will be more into the British scene than anything and would be disappointed with three American names.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

ASAP Rocky was a second stage headliner at Parklife this year. Doesn’t seem like a reasonable headliner at all.

Anyway, if it’s Cardi and Travis for the other two then they’ll surely have a British act for the other one. I would think a lot of people at Wireless will be more into the British scene than anything and would be disappointed with three American names.

Who could it feasibly be from the British scene though? Stormzy, Skepta and Giggs all played recently and they're the only guys I can think of who are big enough. Maybe Dizzee Rascal but that would be a bit underwhelming imo.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Who could it feasibly be from the British scene though? Stormzy, Skepta and Giggs all played recently and they're the only guys I can think of who are big enough. Maybe Dizzee Rascal but that would be a bit underwhelming imo.

Yeah besides those three I genuinely don't know what other British act could do it. JME could probably sub or 3rd with a new album but that's max. Dizzee is probably the only other option but would be a weak booking for headliner.

59 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah besides those three I genuinely don't know what other British act could do it. JME could probably sub or 3rd with a new album but that's max. Dizzee is probably the only other option but would be a weak booking for headliner.

my absolute dream would be Kano with some classic anniversary set, only UK act that hasn't headlined Wireless who deserves it. 

but Giggs with a new album next month, would he now warrant a headline slot after last year? 

1 hour ago, iFirework said:

Do we reckon the announcement could be tomorrow with the website change today?

could have an announcement tomorrow with the line up dropping Friday

but they normally give a day in advance for Capital to push the promo.

I have a feeling they're setting it for next Friday. payday for a lot of people 

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah Giggs definitely seems plausible, especially with new material out. I’m sure Giggs, Travis and Cardi would sell well.

easily!! 

if last year could then that will. as I said before Kano really is my preferred choice now as he's showing he's in the studio

next week will be exciting 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wiley hasn’t performed with BBK for years has he?

Honestly not a clue, I'd always assumed he had though as he never officially left. 

If he hasn't performed with them in year then yeah BBK is definitely a shout.

4 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

I really wouldn’t be surprised if Hus was lined up to headline this and they’ve had to reorganise or wait to see if he still can.

Doubt it, he had to pull out last year because he was arrested and they surely wouldn't book him to headline with a sentencing still to come. Now he's been given 8 months I think? Wireless wouldn't have took the risk in booking him.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Honestly not a clue, I'd always assumed he had though as he never officially left. 

If he hasn't performed with them in year then yeah BBK is definitely a shout.

Doubt it, he had to pull out last year because he was arrested and they surely wouldn't book him to headline with a sentencing still to come. Now he's been given 8 months I think? Wireless wouldn't have took the risk in booking him.

Not even sure what warrants a J Hus headline either.