Wireless 2019

TheWaters

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Wouldn't know because I've never looked at it but Wireless surely doesn't sell out anywhere close to that quickly? Does it even sell out at all??

I think last year Sunday and Saturday tickets sold out within 2 days of lineup announcement and then Friday tickets went a day or two after. Remember stressing and refreshing the site saying no tickets available until someone obviously removed one from their basket for Friday haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, iFirework said:

Dtj5U9WWsAMEtUK.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.d10dcb62239bfe047dd87cd21441f82b.jpeg

The Germany edition released their first announcement today - should give an indication of what to expect for the London one. So hyped about Travis likely being there.

When do you reckon the UK Wireless will announce their lineup?

We'll probably get Travis, Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Baby X Gunna from those. God we're going to get J Balvin aren't we ffs haha.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Christ is A$AP Rocky a heritage act now?

I dunno if I'd wanna say that but it feels like rap has moved on a hell of a lot since Long Live A$AP. A lot of the Soundcloud rappers will have been in school when Fuckin' Problems came out. Just put that video on and it's got Afro Drake, Fade Kendrick and 2 Chainz on it - feels ancient. :lol:

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't see much reason to stray from my earlier prediction of Travis Scott, BBK/Skepta and KSG.

A$AP Rocky seems like a perfect fit - in both size and style - for Lovebox at the moment. That's usually more of an oldhead lineup than this.

I mean, maybe not BBK with the whole Wiley vs Skepta thing but yeah I could definitely see Skepta headlining. Again.

I'm thinking Travis, Skepta and not sure on a third. Would love KSG but they haven't been announced for anything have they? Could see Cardi B, Rocky, Future or even a weak booking of Migos again. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stanh said:

honestly can't believe people on twitter and instagram believe this, and are all over it? 

DwOG0XaWoAAanUo.jpg

what bugs me more is that people are so stupid to not notice it's literally last year's line up.

all they've done is move a sub-headliner and make them headliner.

As if J Cole one year will headliner then change? 

Would say Travis is a definite. Cardi B and maybe Jay Z

22 minutes ago, stanh said:

yehhh init.

travis and cardi in my opinion are set in stone, then the third slot is up for grabs with a few different artists i think - i am defo doubting kanye or ksg considering the faf he caused with Coachella

was hoping Kanye was the last slot as well with KSG being a UK exclusive. 

as long as Travis is on the bill I'm happy, I thought he'd bring the astroworld tour for March but did another leg in America.

my hope is as they try and use a UK act to headline, and it being Kano.

10 minutes ago, stanh said:

personally, i don't think Kano would sell well, however, he did pull a pretty large crowd at Boardmasters.

right now i think it'll be someone out of Future, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne (?) and maybe Drake - but not too sure on him. would however be pretty mint to see Kids See Ghosts or Kanye with his new material, but not too sure on if he wants to be 'artistic' or whatever if he were to be a potential headliner. 

drake and travis scott though almost definitely will each have their own UK tours this year, with drake already teasing Europe on his insta.

i think we will see some repeat bookings lower down the bill like Lil Pump etc.

then i think acts like AJ Tracey, Fredo, Sza, Jorja Smith, Stefflon Don, 21 Savage, Gunna, Lil Baby and Sheck Wes are more than likely to appear. i think they will try and book a few more female acts this year given the bad press last year, but, its hard for them to book loadsa female acts in a very male-dominated genre. 

edit: could The Carters do it? would be a massive booking, but would definitely go down very well at Wireless

Carter's would be a huge couple for Wireless I just think it would be too expensive.

drakes tour is meant to be announced this month was delayed a few weeks ago, can't see him this year after doing Sunday last year last minute.

Travis is happening he's in Europe that month. Guessing soon as he's done that Europe tour for winter will be announced.

yeah for the first time I'm struggling to see who can headline.

Fri- ASAP Rocky 

Sat - Travis

Sun - Cardi x someone else 

I don't think this has been posted in here yet, and I know him being on the Germany lineup basically guaranteed it, but Tim Westwood confirmed Travis will be a headliner this year when he DJ'd at Skepta's London show in December. 

Edited by lukey720

3 minutes ago, lukey720 said:

I don't think this has been posted in here yet, and I know him being on the Germany lineup basically guaranteed it, but Tim Westwood confirmed Travis will be a headliner this year when he DJ'd at Skepta's London show in December. 

Do you have source or any footage of this?

Edited by iFirework

32 minutes ago, lukey720 said:

need source, it's definitely happening regardless

Saturday gonna be a madness

Wish they make it a Astrofest sort of thing