Wireless 2019

TheWaters

Who is everyone thinking for Wireless next year? A$AP Rocky, Travis Scott, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar and Kids See Ghosts all seem like the most obvious headline contenders to me. Maybe a The Streets headline as they're doing fests next summer?

Could see acts like Young Thug, Pusha T,J.I.D, Bugzy Malone, Dave, 2 Chainz, Jay Rock, Lil Yachty, NAV, Denzel Curry, 6ix9ine on the undercard.

I would say that Rocky's too small, Kendrick's too big and it wouldn't really be The Streets' crowd.

Travis Scott is nailed on and Kids See Ghosts seems a very fair shout.

Think the other would be a British-based act to follow on from Skepta, Stormzy and Boy Better Know. I know Davido is playing the O2 but I'm not sure he's up to headlining this yet, so probably just BBK again.

Maybe be a bit too strong but:

Post Malone / Nicki Minaj / Travis Scott

Maybe someone like M.I.A. or SZA subbing a day (not that either are due new albums I don't think?) and dunno if there is anyone British acts in contention for headliners tho, just people like Stefflon Don, Dave etc.

Anything along these lines i’d be stoked with:

KSG / Frank Ocean / Earl Swearshirt/ Pusha T/ Brockhampton / Denzel Curry / Rex Orange County

Travis Scott / Childish Gambino / Dave / 2 Chainz / Lil Uzi Vert / Trippie Redd / Sheck Wes

Lil Wayne / Migos / Young Thug / Rae Sremmurd / Flatbush Zombies / Famous Dex / JPEGMAFIA

Edited by Count Bukakula

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Count Bukakula said:

Anything along these lines i’d be stoked with:

KSG / Frank Ocean / Earl Swearshirt/ Pusha T/ Brockhampton / Denzel Curry / Rex Orange County

Travis Scott / Childish Gambino / Dave / 2 Chainz / Lil Uzi Vert / Trippie Redd / Sheck Wes

Lil Wayne / Migos / Young Thug / Rae Sremmurd / Flatbush Zombies / Famous Dex / JPEGMAFIA

That would genuinely be the best lineup for me, ever. Don't think Childish would sub he'd probably headline, probably same with Frank. Migos subbed last year and have Culture 3 coming in January, they'd headline too. Other than that yes please.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Last year was their peak though. Bumping them up in 2019 would be laughable.

That's true but I was thinking more to do with them accepting. Don't think they'd accept anything below headline with their huge egos, regardless whether or not they've peaked. With a decent undercard they'd still sell it out easily.

So... 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/18/181024a.shtml

Beyond putting the future of the festival seriously in doubt, this is pretty fucking disgusting from whatever institution has put this out, isn't it? Whatever issues the festival may have had the notion that it 'offends the general public' looks like blatant racist dogwhistling to me. 

Edited by Mash011

11 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

So... 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/18/181024a.shtml

Beyond putting the future of the festival seriously in doubt, this is pretty fucking disgusting from whatever institution has put this out, isn't it? Whatever issues the festival may have had the notion that it 'offends the general public' looks like blatant racist dogwhistling to me. 

nah, it's not that - they haven't said the bars can only serve pimms, or that the food stalls can only serve cucumber sandwiches. :P 

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

tickets have just gone on sale for Wireless, so an announcement must be imminent.

Ticket details & links can be found here:-
https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/wireless/2019

sold out very quick last year so you might want to get in early!

Wouldn't be this weekend surely? Might take away from the Community announcement. I'd think Monday earliest?

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know you're in the middle but I think they're largely different markets.

That's a very fair point lmao.

As much as Wireless>>>>>>Community for me, looks like I'll be missing out next year as I currently have £9 to my name and if the lineup's announced anytime between now and Wednesday, tickets will have long gone by the time I can afford them.

42 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

That's a very fair point lmao.

As much as Wireless>>>>>>Community for me, looks like I'll be missing out next year as I currently have £9 to my name and if the lineup's announced anytime between now and Wednesday, tickets will have long gone by the time I can afford them.

Wouldn't know because I've never looked at it but Wireless surely doesn't sell out anywhere close to that quickly? Does it even sell out at all??

Edited by Mash011