Food

FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

Churros are one of those things that never fail to disappoint..

a bit like Artic Monkeys.

Churros in Madrid do not disappoint whereas in Seville they do.  Though on the whole I would definitely return to Seville over Madrid.  And I go against the grain by saying that I enjoyed the Arctic Monkeys live.

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

The one in Williams Green is good but you have to catch them at the right time cos they can water down the chocolate sauce so its akin to drinking chocolate. Check the sauce before you order

p.s chocolate milk from the milk wagons in the morning, rum and vodka. Breakfast of champions. 

out of interest, what is the testing methodology here.?

Buddha bowl (discovered it last year! So good)

Kedgeree from Goan fish curry place - nothing brings you back to life better on a cold Sunday morning

The Falafel place at Williams Green (every year)

Mac and Cheese by the acoustic stage, actually the cake place next door to mac and cheese is pretty good (but really good cake if you are there at the right time of day at the crows nest)

Mezze at Lost Horizons, biggest meal at Glasto, could easily feed 2 or 3 (if they make it back)

In 2016 there was an amazing burger place that handmade aged beef organic burgers to the rareness of your liking, you had to take a number and wait, but one of the best burgers I've eaten (not just at a festival!) Just could never remember its name or where it was to find again last year

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Churros in Madrid do not disappoint whereas in Seville they do.  Though on the whole I would definitely return to Seville over Madrid.  And I go against the grain by saying that I enjoyed the Arctic Monkeys live.

There wasnt curry involved with that particular AM performance by chance.???

If anyone is coming to the Lake District on their holidays (or live here), Gandhi's Flipflop have opened a cafe in Ambleside

Not just curries either, they've branched out. I keep meaning to try something else, I can just never see past the Thali 

Seems wrong eating it indoors though

http://www.gandhiscafe.co.uk/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can’t get on board with the churros thing here. It seems to me that all they’ve done is re-purpose those donut stalls that were everywhere 15 years ago. It’s the same machine, just a different shape product

C8F60F21-6E4F-4E7B-BF07-FA8781F79F85.gif.40da262cc5fca23aa498fcc624a1490a.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

I can’t get on board with the churros thing here. It seems to me that all they’ve done is re-purpose those donut stalls that were everywhere 15 years ago. It’s the same machine, just a different shape product

It's a different batter mix though, so it is different to a doughnut.

5 minutes ago, Gedh said:

It's a different batter mix though, so it is different to a doughnut.

Ah ok, I had them in Valencia and they were great, but every time I’ve had them in the uk, I’ve been disappointed. Maybe I’ll give them another go

17 hours ago, Badlands said:

No love for the Nepalese place? They do quite a substantial platter which I’ve sampled at G as well as Kendal and Deershed. Lovely stuff.

Aye, assuming it's the same one I went there at BDs. Good scran. Not tried it at GF though, where do they normally set up?

On 10/10/2018 at 10:46 PM, miffmiffy said:

Of all the threads this one might make me sadest of all that I didn't get a ticket ☹️

Truly Crumptious in Avalon does lush crumpets and toppings. Homemade salted caramel. Yum.

The Pizza place by Greenpeace. Pizza Taban is it? They also do nice homemade lemonade which is great when it's a hot one.

Usual mentions for Manic Organic, Goan Fish Curry, Linda's Loaf, Tibetan Kitchen.

Truly Crumptious are ace- always a favourite of ours at WOMAD

I always love Gandhi's Flip Flop at Glastonbury and was waxing lyrical about them when we went to Deershed and had it there in 2017 it was awful (much to my disappointment) 

On 10/23/2018 at 8:17 PM, HalfAnIdiot said:

Pilton Pasta of course. Somewhere along the stretch of shops near the bottom of the kids field IIRC. All profits go to Children's Hospice.

Thanks for this recommendation. I love me a pasta. For some reason, whatever state i'm in, I can always eat pasta, even if my stomach has shrunk to the size of a peanut.

That and cheese toasties.

As you can see I have VERY sophisticated tastebuds.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Aye, assuming it's the same one I went there at BDs. Good scran. Not tried it at GF though, where do they normally set up?

Pretty sure it was marketplace between Pyramid and Other, though that all melts into one big street for me.

Shout-out for Katsu, Curry and Rice place by the Pyramid - again seen that at other festivals. Decent chicken, lovely curry, sticky rice and some pickled ginger to top it all.