Food

FuzzyDunlop

Goan Fish Curry is alright. Don't queue though. 

Theres a new little tortilla place in Williams Green. Not huge portions but its beside the coffee place and a great way to start the day. Bit of coffee, light enough brekkie with a nice bit of spice. 

Edited by The Nal

I really need to start remembering the names of places i get food from as i'm usually smashed or recovering-

The Raclette  cheese place just along from the Pyramid is lovely.

Annie Maes Mac and Cheese place

The Yorky Pudding place - probably my fav food especially when you have had some booze, whats not to love about a massive Yorkshire pudding filled with mash gravy sausages and mushy peas! Mind I was slightly scarred when i was litter picking and I had to pick a few discarded ones up....

The Growler- if its back is worth a go as well, pure unadulterated filth haha

Fish finger place near the Green fields somewhere is amazing 

I had an amazing curry from the healing fields and a fantastic falafel wrap from somewhere in there too but i can't remember the name of it for the life of me but it can't be hard to find in there. I look forward to my next random food filling place. 

I normally eat three or four meals on the Wednesday and Thursday and then sort of forget to eat. However last year my girlfriend attended for the first time and she made sure I took better care of myself. 

I had no bones Jones for breakfast everyday, I know there are so many options to try that returning to the same thing twice in one festival is poor form, but there pakoras with tangy tomato chutney made me feel like I was getting the day off on a healthy note (even if I ate it with a can of Elvis Juice). Other than that I mostly hit up Indian food places, some of the best Indian food I’ve eaten has been at the festival and as I’m vegetarian I eat a lot of Indian food! (Although I’ve never actually been to India)

Edited by The Clearest Blue

Can someone tell me where Annie Mae's is traditionally? Love Mac n Cheese, and have heard many good reports of it. Only bad meal I've had at the Festival was a dried up Mac & Cheese from a stall near West Holts between Alison Moyet & The Jacksons, and am determined to get a decent one next year. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Can someone tell me where Annie Mae's is traditionally? Love Mac n Cheese, and have heard many good reports of it. Only bad meal I've had at the Festival was a dried up Mac & Cheese from a stall near West Holts between Alison Moyet & The Jacksons, and am determined to get a decent one next year. Thanks!

i think it was near to the bandstand in 2017

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Annie Mae's was at Boomtown. It was very good. The spicy one especially

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrowlerPhil said:

In 2016 there was a place called Smokestak located between WG and WH.  It served slow cooked brisket in a Brioche bun with optional chillies. It was without doubt the best thing I've tasted at Glastonbury. I'm not sure if they were there in 2017 though as I couldn't get a ticket.

They weren't. As I understand it they chose to open a restaurant, and so pulled back from most of the festivals they'd done in previous years. Only one I've seen them at over the past 2 years was Wilderness.

18 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

If you leave the Pyramid field from the left (when facing the stage) and head into the markets, just before you reach the bandstand I believe it's on the left in a metallic camper van.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

If you leave the Pyramid field from the left (when facing the stage) and head into the markets, just before you reach the bandstand I believe it's on the left in a metallic camper van.

And another up by the acoustic stage. God I love that mac n cheese with the crispy bacon and basil oil drizzled. Gonna miss it. Stupid gluten! ?

3 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I normally eat three or four meals on the Wednesday and Thursday and then sort of forget to eat. However last year my girlfriend attended for the first time and she made sure I took better care of myself. 

I had no bones Jones for breakfast everyday, I know there are so many options to try that returning to the same thing twice in one festival is poor form, but there pakoras with tangy tomato chutney made me feel like I was getting the day off on a healthy note (even if I ate it with a can of Elvis Juice). Other than that I mostly hit up Indian food places, some of the best Indian food I’ve eaten has been at the festival and as I’m vegetarian I eat a lot of Indian food! (Although I’ve never actually been to India)

Elvis Juice is grapefruit, that's one of your five a day, see? No Bones Jones is my religion, that stuff is incredible. For Indian food, Ghandi's Flip Flop is a final night tradition at both Glastonbury and Green Man for me. Big fucking mountain of food, you have to leave it right until the end because you'll need to spend the whole of the next day sitting down just digesting the bugger.

The beautiful people at Manic Organic hold a very special place in my heart, always there to sort me out with a massive plate of greens and grains, lovely coffee, lovely brownies. Gaia bless them.

This year at Green Man we came upon a stall which I think might have been called Flavours Of Africa, it had a lot of signs up of awards it had won for Glastonbury. I've never seen it at Glastonbury before, but I think the man said they're around Silver Hayes usually. It was absolutely gorgeous, I had jollof rice, plantain, and spinach curry, some of the nicest festival food I've ever eaten. I'll definitely be seeking that one out next year.

A few of my group this year who are normally omnis have said they're going to challenge themselves to a fully vegan Glastonbury this year, so I'm going to enjoy introducing them to the good life. If anybody else fancies doing the same, I find this is a good resource http://www.veggies.org.uk/campaigns/vegan/vegan-glastonbury/ but it's not exhaustive by any means.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tomainley said:

One year there was a stall called Baba G's and I stand by it being some of the best food i've ever had ... let alone at a festival

The masala fries were to die for

was that the masala fries one in the Avalon or a different one?

Beg to differ about the burgers - there are a couple of really good posh ones onsite.

3 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

To avoid - any burger

They look lovely but it's a "falling down" moment with "what's wrong with this picture" because you're served a dry bun, a reconstituted grey meat thing, processed cheese and some limp frilly green bits.

I fall for it every time.

There was a superb burger place last year in the field with Genosys and Downlow in. Smoking buns, I think it was called.