Food

FuzzyDunlop

Every year I think "I'll eat x, y and z" but I end up having the same meals.. 1 square pie, 1 burger from the dirty burger place on the way to west holts, 1 wham bam tikka, 1 piggie smalls & a couple of random things.

Goan Fish Curry is on my list for next year.... but what else should I be having? I had lobster in 2016 which was good... though expensive.

The wood fired pizza place was good, but it turned into the Elrow tent in 2017 & I never found it again.

No Bones Jones is an absolute must eat, I eat there for my 1st and last meal of the festival, its a huge plate of veggie greatness and their veggie fritters are incredible.

I also highly recommend the raclette stall by the cider bus to satisfy the hunger after a few hot and spicy ciders!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Every year I think "I'll eat x, y and z" but I end up having the same meals.. 1 square pie, 1 burger from the dirty burger place on the way to west holts, 1 wham bam tikka, 1 piggie smalls & a couple of random things.

Goan Fish Curry is on my list for next year.... but what else should I be having? I had lobster in 2016 which was good... though expensive.

The wood fired pizza place was good, but it turned into the Elrow tent in 2017 & I never found it again.

I'm literally the same.

Start with the absolute greatest intentions then decend into a what's closest and has the shortest queue mindset.

1 hour ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Will get stick for this but growler. Yes its off crap possibly cheap ingredients but all the same fills you up soaks up the beer and helps you go again.

They are trying to return this year 

Growler is no more! (Or at least I haven’t seen it for a few years) 

edit: saw you said they’re trying to return! 

Edited by Lucy92

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Get a toastie from the cheese van at the top of the Pyramid field.

That's the cheese truck. They had a second one by the Hell Stage in Shangri La which was handy.

They've got a poncey restaurant in Camden Market. Everything is full of cheese. Even the spinach sides. Gets a bit much.

19 minutes ago, karaseen said:

That's the cheese truck. They had a second one by the Hell Stage in Shangri La which was handy.

They've got a poncey restaurant in Camden Market. Everything is full of cheese. Even the spinach sides. Gets a bit much.

Too much cheese? I’ve never heard of such nonsense!!

I had a bacon bap at the front of Big Ground last year - I swear it was the finest piece of pig I’ve ever tasted. Cured to perfection, at the time I remember thinking I’d never eaten bacon so perfect!

Always get a goanfish curry, always a burger from the back of the park crowd, always regretfully get a Yorkshire pudding thing, always on the look out for a fish finger sandwich. 

Do they even still do growlers? I thought they'd gone. 

Beyond that no idea. Tin of beans for brekkie alongside a can of green king ipa. I'm gonna follow this thread and probably do the exact same thing next year.

8 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Always get a goanfish curry, always a burger from the back of the park crowd, always regretfully get a Yorkshire pudding thing, always on the look out for a fish finger sandwich. 

Do they even still do growlers? I thought they'd gone. 

Beyond that no idea. Tin of beans for brekkie alongside a can of green king ipa. I'm gonna follow this thread and probably do the exact same thing next year.

Fish Finger sandwiches were just opposite entrance to Circus tent in 2017. I love the Peckish Peacock Vegan Curry Box. Veg Pakora Chick Pea And Spinach Curry for around £7. Was between Pyramid and Beat Hotel 2017.

Couple of curry thali places which are very nice, one back of west holts field and another round the green fields.

samosa stall for a snack

duck wrap near pyramid is nice

wood fire pizza

no bones jones

Buddha bowl

jerk chicken

Late night cheese toastie on way back to gate C 

Green peace cheese board if it’s there this year......if not there will be trouble