Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Lo and behold - https://www.bandsintown.com/e/101198203-georgia_hb-at-glastonbury-festival

Strange as she played the same stage last time out and probably won't be that much higher. Would be a very different set I imagine, as her new stuff is quite different. The song you mentioned should be listened to by all those bruised by a lack of Robyn on the lineup. Here's a vid for the lazies.

I like this a lot... any good live?

7 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Dan Owen

Never heard of him, mostly poppy ballads/folk but he does do a decent 'Little Red Rooster'.

Added to the big ol' playlist.

He's a local lad to me - he's actually more bluesy than pop (though that might be more apparent live) - used to be known as Blues Boy Dan.  He's a nice lad too.  Often turns up at Farmer Phil's and jams with whoever will let him!  He's quite big in these parts (not many famous people come from here ?)

You probably didn't want to or need to know that, but it's not often I can contribute to extending anyone's knowledge of music acts.

Edited by Beerqueen
Missed the quote!

I swear I saw on here someone announce they were doing disco on ancient futures... it was an image they had posted so looked like a self confirm but I can’t find it. Ring any bells for anyone?

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

good news for those hoping to see Mr B the gentleman rhymer as well?

What is his connection with Mr B Joey? 

I asked Mr B on twitter a while back whether he was doing Glastonbury and he said he’d look into it but as he hadn’t appeared on any line ups then I’d written him off.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

What is his connection with Mr B Joey? 

I asked Mr B on twitter a while back whether he was doing Glastonbury and he said he’d look into it but as he hadn’t appeared on any line ups then I’d written him off.

They've performed a fair bit together haven't they? I might be wrong in which case I apologise for getting any hopes up!

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno. Been a fan for a few years but always sleeping on the live dates. Guessing @Olshansky might know.

Does she have a famous Dad? I saw a Georgia supporting someone a few years ago and she was quite good live. Looked into her a bit when I got home and discovered her Dad was in a band (keep thinking underworld but that could be wrong it was about 4 years ago) 

33 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Does she have a famous Dad? I saw a Georgia supporting someone a few years ago and she was quite good live. Looked into her a bit when I got home and discovered her Dad was in a band (keep thinking underworld but that could be wrong it was about 4 years ago) 

He’s in Leftfield I think 

17 hours ago, finefield said:

what's a live drum kit ....im a bit scared

I don't know if I'm calling it the right thing haha.  what I mean to say is that she's playing drums live, some of the drums / cymbals are traditional and others are electronic triggers - it's a cool rig.  Very entertaining to watch

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Ah so it is who I think it is then. She was very new when I saw her but she was good. 

Ahhh now I remember who she is too! Someone posted the video for Started Out on the new music thread months ago. It’s great.