Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was only half-listening, but I think Ezra Collective just self-confirmed on 6Music that they're doing a few sets over the weekend. 

one Ezra is bad enough ... a collection is a bloody nightmare !! :) 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Big fan of Ezra and the Ezras, along with Ezra F and Vampire Ezra.

But not that other Ezra.

Just listened back, playing twice as Joe Armon-Jones and wasn't sure if once ir twice as Ezra Collective.

1 hour 4 minutes in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0004t2q

Edited by Gnomicide

4 hours ago, broken monkey said:

Cillian Murphy just mentioned on 6music that Mattiel is playing Glastonbury this year. Couldn’t see her on the rumours or confirmed listings yet.

(I know this wasn't a self confirm but wasn’t sure where to post this). 

Didn't read this properly and I thought Cillian Murphy had confirmed himself. I was very excited for a second. 

First weds night confirmation?

Screenshot_20190506-140830_Instagram.thumb.jpg.8b9d529a6c74c6c7195051c4dc83ea63.jpg

Will be in the Rumshack so...Rumshack is open on Weds.

Bless, she also thinks there will be nobody about.... reminded her that Weds is the first night after 2 years, there aren't main stages open, 80% of people are on site, there's a new SE corner to explore....it'll be busy!! Said there might be quite a transient crowd as people dip in and out but it won't be dead!

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Bless, she also thinks there will be nobody about.... reminded her that Weds is the first night after 2 years, there aren't main stages open, 80% of people are on site, there's a new SE corner to explore....it'll be busy!! Said there might be quite a transient crowd as people dip in and out but it won't be dead!

Love seeing smaller the acts on Wednesday and Thursday blown away by the size of the crowd and the reception they get. In many ways it's better for them to play those days when there's much less competition and people are desperate to be entertained. 

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Love seeing smaller the acts on Wednesday and Thursday blown away by the size of the crowd and the reception they get. In many ways it's better for them to play those days when there's much less competition and people are desperate to be entertained. 

Yep. I think the tendency for acts is to think they've got a bum night with weds or thurs but the reality (especially for unsigned acts like Grace Savage), is that they'll get better exposure potentially than when the main stages are open.

It is quite fun seeing an act a bit overawed by a big crowd when they were expecting 3 people.

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Thought the same.

Both top price ones are sold out. £12k with tickets, £10k without.

You get 2 tickets so £1k each.

Screenshot_20190506-145403_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98c06f48ccd389759f1257672bad5050.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-145442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cd38ed6192d17d0a4bcac27093a8dfc5.jpg

Wonder how much these tickets subsidise the festival for the rest of us. (Given the number of ppl on site is fixed by the license, presumably) 

56 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Screenshot_20190506-140830_Instagram.thumb.jpg.8b9d529a6c74c6c7195051c4dc83ea63.jpg

Just had a listen and sounds good!  Went over to the Rumshack on the Wednesday in 2017 and think I might be again!

32 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Just had a listen and sounds good!  Went over to the Rumshack on the Wednesday in 2017 and think I might be again!

She is really good. Have only seen her twice but she's not a typical beat boxer in that she does just beat boxing (which can get a bit tiresome), she sings as well. Does quite a good UK Garage meledy that'll be fun if she does it.

Has a few of her songs on Spotify too.

Genuinely amazing watching her build a song up live from just her vocals and beatboxing.

Edited by Keithy

14 hours ago, Keithy said:

Yes! Glad it’s Wednesday, cause I would probably forget about her over the weekend with other acts, but that way I’ll definitely be there!