Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

We need to know where The Magic Numbers are, maybe it's a time difference error like The Avalanches last time.

Belgium at the weekend. 

I do love a good "clutching at straws" post :)

2 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I do find an announcement immediately after the balance deadline a little odd.

"Sod you, all who didn't pay your balance, here's what you could have had..."

Surely it’d be more of a ‘Thank you all for paying the balance deadline, here’s some more of what you’re getting’. The people who didn’t pay have made their choice.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely it’d be more of a ‘Thank you all for paying the balance deadline, here’s some more of what you’re getting’. The people who didn’t pay have made their choice.

I'll admit, that is the more positive, less cynical perspective.

I'd say:

More likely - Magic Numbers have just used the graphic which had been used by another artist.

Less likely - Announcement imminent.

But I love a bandwagon so more than happy to throw my weight behind the theory that Magic Numbers have jumped the gun...

What could we be feasibly be getting in way of an announcement that The Magic Numbers would be on?

It's not going to be full times and the big big poster seems to have become redundant.

The only one I could think would be Acoustic.

I do think they've been given that graphic to use by the bookers of the festival as I cant see them going out of their to get the graphic from another act. 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've never seen people on the Internet discuss something I've said as if I'm not there before.  Is this what fame is like? ? EDIT:  Of course, that's exactly what I did to them!

To be fair @ian the worm provided most of the salt, I just added seasoning.

Que?

Just now, Divein said:

What could we be feasibly be getting in way of an announcement that The Magic Numbers would be on?

A handful of extra acts announced to get a bit more buzz about the resale.

Going back to the "poster for each stage or area" thing they tried about 10 years ago.

Headlining some new stage/area like the "Glastonbury Pier" thing and announced as part of that.

Full drop, but they got their dates wrong and it should have been 9th May (or even June) instead of April

I wouldn't try to overthink it, there could be any number of possible reasons this came out today and most of them we won't be able to come up with because we don't know some of the background.

19 minutes ago, Divein said:

It's not going to be full times and the big big poster seems to have become redundant.

The only one I could think would be Acoustic.

I do think they've been given that graphic to use by the bookers of the festival as I cant see them going out of their to get the graphic from another act. 

Avalon

A chicken did say individual area announcements starting 10th April (tomorrow) so could be a time difference error like the Amazons in 2017

Makes sense to start them now to align with 1 a week until the full list towards the end of may/beginning of june

4 minutes ago, Bovla said:

A chicken did say individual area announcements starting 10th April (tomorrow) so could be a time difference error like the Amazons in 2017

Makes sense to start them now to align with 1 a week until the full list towards the end of may/beginning of june

If this actually happens* that chicken is due some efests love from the naysayers for sure!

*It probably won't 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

We need to know where The Magic Numbers are, maybe it's a time difference error like The Avalanches last time.

Belgium at the weekend. 

Yes but finished an Australia tour on 27th March, could have hung around for a bit of sun before flying back to start Belgium on the 13th

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

And they started their Glastonbury life in John Peel in '05. They're almost regulars.

They also played the Other Stage and Williams Green in the same day!

Their music got a bit lost on the Other early in the morning and Romeo was absolutely smashed by the time they played Williams Green in the afternoon resulting in an endearingly shambolic set.

As you say .... regulars.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

And 2010.

I was going to say I definitely ended up watching Reef on the Other Stage in a 'recent' year. Obviously Place Your Hands gets the biggest reaction but they know how to work the crowd at festivals!

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

They played Acoustic Stage last time, they've also done The Pyramid before.

They’ve also done early doors on the Other as well (2009?)

i reckon they’re Avalon/Acoustic this year

3 hours ago, Hawros said:

I do find an announcement immediately after the balance deadline a little odd.

"Sod you, all who didn't pay your balance, here's what you could have had..."

Nope don;t get the logic and don;t thinks its s0d anyone to be fair , there;s always a ton of announcement after balance deadline, and if anyone is truely unsiure and was line up dependant (goodness knows why) they could always pay their balance and then still get a refund until beginning of May , trickle the announcments and makes it all more exciting :-)