Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

He was 'strong rumour' anyway, but someone posted that they'd spoken with him in the last few days.

Twas me ? They say never meet your hero's but he was actually fucking fab even if he did make me look like a short arsed dwarf ?

20190319_215313.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cham08 said:

? love a bit of frank. Seen him so many times since first seeing him in the queens head in 2010

Never got round to seeing him. If he's there and I make it I apologize in advance, 'cos if he plays Next Storm or Getting Better I will, in no uncertain terms, be in absolute blubbering bits

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Never got round to seeing him. If he's there and I make it I apologize in advance, 'cos if he plays Next Storm or Getting Better I will, in no uncertain terms, be in absolute blubbering bits

Frank gigs are glorious. I've seen him do festivals, arenas, academies, clubs, a library, a conference room, even a bloody big greenhouse; with a band, as a duo and solo. Always been excellent. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Frank gigs are glorious. I've seen him do festivals, arenas, academies, clubs, a library, a conference room, even a bloody big greenhouse; with a band, as a duo and solo. Always been excellent. 

Positive Songs came out at the same time I got made redundant and was going through some challenges. Those two songs in particular were a big part of me pulling myself back together, only time I've ever emailed an artist to say say thank you.

He only bloody replied as well :)

Edited by Quark
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I Am Disappeared for me. I've seen him a few times and always lose my shit every single time. I've learned by now never ever wear make up to a Frank gig

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Ditto... he managed to make Leeds arena feel intimate. Can't decide whether I love hearing him with the band better or just Frank and his guitar. One thing is certain is I've never ever seen him play a shit show ❤ If I hadn't got Glastonbury tickets I was very very tempted by Lost Evenings in Boston this year 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Positive Songs came out at the same time I got made redundant and was going through some challenges. Those two songs in particular were a big part of me pulling myself back together, only time I've ever emailed an artist to say say thank you.

He only bloody replied as well :)

He is awesome at replying to emails. He emailed me some handwritten lyrics to turn in to a tattoo ❤ When Be More Kind came out my son, who is a teacher, taught his year 4 class it. He also taught them the moves to Little Changes to perform at their assembly. Frank sent him a photo of himself holding a sign saying 'dance well year 4'  He is so ridiculously accessible and good to his fans... although he fucking hates the term 'fan'  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

He's a nice guy, too. He once led a chorus of happy birthday to me in a tent at Latitude for his book launch

Pleased about Frank turner one of the most underrated artists and I don't know why his gigs are brilliant his songwriting is sad/ glorious/funny/ inspirational etc etc ,love the stories about his early days at nambuca with beans on toast ,who by the way is another must see ,top bloke all round 

• Upvote 1

Back in my student radio days, I interviewed a variety of artists. Everyone was pleasant enough, but there was a vibe at times that as it was student radio, they weren't all that bothered for the five minutes I had them, which is understandable considering we were a tiny station.

Not Frank though, he was an absolute joy to interview and answered the questions with such depth. He even recorded a birthday message for my old man! Definitely one of the nicest people I've ever met and would be great to see him on the farm.

• Upvote 1

Was at the Idles gig last night and in a strange turn of events it appears the drummer from Boy Azooga was actually working behind the bar! Just checked photos online and I'm sure it was him. Anyway I obviously asked Dafydd if they were playing Glastonbury (and for a pint of Thatcher's) and he gave me a big thumbs up. Woohoo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Was at the Idles gig last night and in a strange turn of events it appears the drummer from Boy Azooga was actually working behind the bar! Just checked photos online and I'm sure it was him. Anyway I obviously asked Dafydd if they were playing Glastonbury (and for a pint of Thatcher's) and he gave me a big thumbs up. Woohoo!

Well that’s the best self-confirmation I’ve read on here for a while, in more ways than one. 

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

Good lad!  Seeing an opportunity and grabbing it :)