Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

1 hour ago, daclown28 said:

In pretty sure 'Leila moss' self confirmed on Liz Kershaws show on 6 music yesterday afternoon,  hadn't heard of her before but liked the songs she played 

Solo or with her band the Duke Spirit? Either way happy with that :)

On 3/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, daclown28 said:

In pretty sure 'Leila moss' self confirmed on Liz Kershaws show on 6 music yesterday afternoon,  hadn't heard of her before but liked the songs she played 

she's such a fantastic front woman, would love to see her play solo. 

NoFit State Circus & Circus Xanti
As a Tiger in the Jungle
https://www.nofitstate.org/en/projects/tiger-jungle/

Nepalese artists perform their deeply personal story of being trafficked into the circus industry as young children, using the means of their enslavement to speak against it. Circus, spoken word, movement and ceremony are used to show how, against all odds, Renu Ghalan and Aman Tamang survived their childhood and created their own destiny. Loan TP Hoang, a Vietnamese-Norwegian circus performance artist, joins them in an inspiring, authentic, raw and heart-warming performance about life and circus, entertainment and reflection.

Produced through an international partnership between artistic directors from renowned companies NoFit State and Circus Xanti, As a Tiger in the Jungle will be a unique theatrical circus experience.

Edited by Dukeicon

6 hours ago, sisco said:

Far from a Self confirm but Jade Bird liked my tweet about seeing her at Glastonbury. Fully expect her to be there, Park would be nice

Band of Skulls did the same to my suggestion they're playing Glastonbury a few weeks back. I'm taking it as 100% confirmation. ?

Screenshot_20190321-145210_Instagram.jpg

OK, so they liked everyone's comments, but that's not the point... 

Edited by sam1981

Because I can't hold my own piss ?

I went to see Frank Turner on Tuesday night in Manchester. He was doing a Q and A and a book signing and played a bit of an acoustic set. He confirmed to me and minime that he'll be at Glastonbury this year. We had a bit of a chat about how it feels like ages since he last played there and he's looking forward to it again ?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Digi said:

I went to see Frank Turner on Tuesday night in Manchester. He was doing a Q and A and a book signing and played a bit of an acoustic set. He confirmed to me and minime that he'll be at Glastonbury this year. We had a bit of a chat about how it feels like ages since he last played there and he's looking forward to it again ?

was a highlight in 2015, wonder if he'll be on a main stage or just leftfield/ strummer ville

22 minutes ago, Digi said:

I went to the one near Chester last night but couldn't be arsed queuing to get the book signed and ask the same question so thanks for asking! 

Did he do any new songs in Manchester? He played one called Mata Hari last night, gorgeous it was.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I went to the one near Chester last night but couldn't be arsed queuing to get the book signed and ask the same question so thanks for asking! 

Did he do any new songs in Manchester? He played one called Mata Hari last night, gorgeous it was.

He did one aboit William Blake's wife.. Catherine Blake. I think the new album has a theme around strong women. It was awesome... but I'd love the whole album to be totally raw, under produced and just him and his guitar. 

We sat at the back so we could get out first and queue for the book signing. I am SUCH a fan girl! 

14 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

was a highlight in 2015, wonder if he'll be on a main stage or just leftfield/ strummer ville

Him in Leftfield was a highlight for me too! I love me some Frank when he plays with the band but I love it when it's just him and his guitar even more and I missed him at Strummerville. I'm so shit at keeping up with secret sets.