Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

On 3/1/2019 at 6:53 PM, Mattymooz said:

Hadnt seen this mentioned before.

If Frankie is playing the pyramid and 3rd down R&L in the same year then thats quite a coup for him

20190301_185012.thumb.jpg.9b76a1e938c00ab195422ad72f2a7f1a.jpg

16 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Do you think this is legit? Would be awesome if so! They're playing at a festival in Sweden at some point the same weekend but that doesn't rule them out and at least means they'll still be active by then. Just wondered how likely they would be to play again the following year...but if Stormzy and The Killers can headline after appearing in the previous festival then I guess Frank can appear somewhere too

I would LOVE it after missing out on Sheffield tickets and there being faaaar to many Killers fans in between me and the stage at the JP in 2017

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Id rather him be on the other stage. Too many people going "who?" at the Pyramid.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Any other reports of that? Cos self confirmations on stage at own gigs don’t usually fly under the radar.

If they are it can only be on the Friday as they've got two other festivals that weekend. Very feasible though. 

I asked Tom (the bassist) but he was non-commital in answer. I think they'd go down a storm on The Other, and I think the new album will give them more exposure.

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Glasto Latino did feel like it was living on borrowed time ?

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I always thought it worked well in Silver Hayes/Dance Village.

Someone on Twitter has told me it will be there, just in a different location. 

Twisto have had their magnifying glass out and we reckon Glasto Latino has moved into the space between West Holts and Avalon that was blocked off last year. 

But does this mean Goan Fish Curry will be moving?

Edited by Gnomicide

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

If they are it can only be on the Friday as they've got two other festivals that weekend. Very feasible though. 

I asked Tom (the bassist) but he was non-commital in answer. I think they'd go down a storm on The Other, and I think the new album will give them more exposure.

If they were Friday and on the Pyramid... I kinda guess they’d have to be the ‘rock slot’, as it seems even more strange to have them and another hard rock act later on. :umbrage:

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If they were Friday and on the Pyramid... I kinda guess they’d have to be the ‘rock slot’, as it seems even more strange to have them and another hard rock act later on. :umbrage:

That's a decent placement for them but I'd wonder how much the average Glastonbury crowd would appreciate them there; I'd wager more would have heard of Royal Blood prior to 2017. 

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That's a decent placement for them but I'd wonder how much the average Glastonbury crowd would appreciate them there; I'd wager more would have heard of Royal Blood prior to 2017. 

Probably not as many but for me that will be a class slot. If it’s correct, seeing the Rattlesnakes and Impala on one day would be great and if it could be Frank Carter > Gambino > Tame Impala that would be fantastic. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Using ‘Class’ Too Much

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Probably not as many but for me that will be a class slot. If it’s correct, seeing the Rattlesnakes and Impala on one day would be great and if it could be Frank Carter > Gambino > Tame Impala that would be fantastic. 

I just hope they're there... they do usually do three in a row!

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

I just hope they're there... they do usually do three in a row!

One of my favourite bands. So good live and on the pyramid that would be one to watch. We can only hope that they did say ‘see you on the pyramid’ though that’s very random for a Newcastle gig. Maybe London but Newcastle...

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

One of my favourite bands. So good live and on the pyramid that would be one to watch. We can only hope that they did say ‘see you on the pyramid’ though that’s very random for a Newcastle gig. Maybe London but Newcastle...

He did say on the JP last time, he'd wanted to play for 10 years and he'd see us 'next year or whenever the next one is.' 

34 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yes Royal Blood had a platinum selling album and stuff. Much bigger. I think Frank Carter would maybe be earlier? But still inclined to think the self confirmation  might not have happened.

It's a bit rough as I've only got a bit of spare time but here's the segment of the new map over the Google Earth 2017 Glastonbury image

G2019.thumb.jpg.412138263fcab7ab62a3f844a9b88cc0.jpg

And here it is with some transparency added

G2019-layered.thumb.jpg.17474272d549f018fd491dd944a868f4.jpg

If that is glasto latino, it does look like it's dropping in the field next to West Holts....so perhaps some more after headliner entertainment away from the SE corner>

• Like 2
  • Upvote 14

5 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Not looking great for the smyths this year then

Screenshot_20190303-123956.png

To be fair, they've had a bloody good run at it. Especially for a tribute act, there aren't many others that get s gig at Glastonbury. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

To be fair, they've had a bloody good run at it. Especially for a tribute act, there aren't many others that get s gig at Glastonbury. 

Shame as its my daughter's first festival and i told her all about them, but yeah perhaps freeing up that big slot on the thursday is a good thing!

Changing up the Thursday night isn’t a bad thing at all. I’ve seen the Smyths there a couple of times and it’s always been great, but in 2017 sacked the whole oversubscribed Williams Green shebang off for Napalm Death at the Truth stage and a magnificent evening was had. Change is good! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Twisto have had their magnifying glass out and we reckon Glasto Latino has moved into the space between West Holts and Avalon that was blocked off last year. 

But does this mean Goan Fish Curry will be moving?

Does it mean there will be no cut through from west holts to avalon now? It was handy gap rather than going the long way round through the crowds... I suppose this helps split some of the crowd away from SE corner then