Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

On 2/2/2019 at 2:57 PM, The Martini Police said:

Where would they go? Sonic headliner or something?

They've had a very big year. I'm not sure Sonic would handle the crowd. Some on here might think it's crazy to suggest Other Stage but let's not forget it was headlined by Boy Better Know last festival.

I know he was already down as TBC however I was at the Beans on Toast gig last night and asked him afterwards if he was playing and he said he would definitely be there. Good news, will be tough to top that leftfield gig in 17 though. 

8 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Boy Better Know sold out the o2 arena and headlined Wireless festival.

Maybe, but I walked past when they were playing and it was not a large crowd.

Also, there are many more dance music fans at Glastonbury than grime fans. I still think Stormzy will draw a big crowd, because Pyramid/Stormzy, but BBN was a bit of a strange one.

I stand by my statement that Camelphat are too big for Sonic now.

28 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Although, that's only partly due to their success, partly because everybody's too big for the worst stage ever constructed.

It really is awful. Hopefully it will be gone, maybe Rob Da Bank will be replacing it. I don't care really, as long as it's not there, taking up space and soaking up big names.

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It really is awful. Hopefully it will be gone, maybe Rob Da Bank will be replacing it. I don't care really, as long as it's not there, taking up space and soaking up big names. 

Put The Temple in the same spot. Job done.

• Upvote 1

The Dance Village peaked in 2008. There was a really skillful arrangement of the stages to avoid sound bleed. And it had the G Stage, which was cool.

Still not a patch on the SE corner though.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Put The Temple in the same spot. Job done.

If the murmurings about Shangri La being open later mean the noise restrictions on that end of the site have been eased, then that could actually be a goer.

54 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Sonic stage must be the worst design for a music stage ever, what on earth were they thinking, how could it possible ever work? Most bizarre idea for a stage ever. Such a shame, I needs to go now

It looks great in overhead photos, it really does. I suspect the case for Sonic starts and ends there.

2 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Maybe, but I walked past when they were playing and it was not a large crowd.

Also, there are many more dance music fans at Glastonbury than grime fans. I still think Stormzy will draw a big crowd, because Pyramid/Stormzy, but BBN was a bit of a strange one.

I stand by my statement that Camelphat are too big for Sonic now.

Boy Better Know are bigger than Camelphat have been or ever will be, rightly or wrongly.

Sonic holds around 8,000 and it’s last dance act headliner was Fatboy.

4 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Boy Better Know are bigger than Camelphat have been or ever will be, rightly or wrongly.

Sonic holds around 8,000 and it’s last dance act headliner was Fatboy.

Not sure how you're measuring that but I'd never heard of them (except as individuals) before they got the headline slot, I had to check Wikipedia. Camelphat are never off the bloody radio, Panic Room and Cola were played endlessly.

And Fatboy, I love Fatboy and seen him many times but he plays several times every year so any stage is good for him.

4 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Not sure how you're measuring that but I'd never heard of them (except as individuals) before they got the headline slot, I had to check Wikipedia. Camelphat are never off the bloody radio, Panic Room and Cola were played endlessly.

And Fatboy, I love Fatboy and seen him many times but he plays several times every year so any stage is good for him.

Given that BBK were headlining 40k festivals and 20k arenas, does that not speak for itself? You can possibly make the argument it’s a more niche genre and it could therefore be slightly easier but the numbers speak for themselves.

Camelphat won’t be anywhere near a main stage, for various reasons including the fact that other than Annie Mac and Fatboy, I don’t think there’s ever been a pure dj act on the main stages.

Id be fairly surprised if they headline Sonic but we’ll wait and see.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

7 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Camelphat won’t be anywhere near a main stage, for various reasons including the fact that other than Annie Mac and Fatboy, I don’t think there’s ever been a pure dj act on the main stages.

You may be right, although with a few hits under their belts as producers I'd be surprised if they weren't planning a full live show at some point.

Oh, and they draw some pretty massive crowds as DJs too....

40161791_1996738373716454_37560182855486

Not big enough to headline Sonic ?

Edited by bombfrog

6 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Who the fuck are Camelphat? 

Assuming that's rhetorical but just in case.

You probably don't like it, but with 80 million views on just that one video I'd say anybody would have to have been living under a rock not to have heard any of their music.