ticket buying process poll

Crazyfool01

Ticket buying process poll   

285 members have voted

1. 1. How did your ticket buying process go ? not totally scientific but vote as close to your experience as possible

• I didn't get the holding page
    • I only got as far as the holding page
    • I got kicked out at registration details stage
    • I got as far as registration details page
    • i got as far as payment details page
    • I got kicked out at payment stage
    • quite smooth I got what I required without issues of being kicked back

3 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

This straw poll is very interesting. About 200 people voted and about half didn’t even get passed the first hurdle. 

I don’t have any similar results from previous years but my feeling is there are less people on efests that were successful than before. I’m sure an indication that more casual music fans are trying for tickets and not us hard core passionate festival goers. 

for me its at least a good sign that people were getting this ... looking on social media ... (not a great representation ) I thought lots more would be failing on the first and last but one stage ... those would be the stages that would concern me most 

19 hours ago, Fishman said:

Had 2 Mac, 1 Ipad and a Windows PC running off 3 different wifi connections that got nowhere (all on less that 60 sec refresh rate), but it was the additional oldest PC tethered to a Samsung phone that got through each time.

Make of that what you will.

Same here. I had 2 browsers on a desktop wired broadband (cable) , 2 browsers on a work laptop VPN. Not a sniff. Daughter no. 2 dragged out of bed with hangover with 6 year old laptop tethered to a 3G iPhone got through.....bonkers. 

i had my macbook and busted old uni laptop going - macbook rarely even got the holding page wheras my laptop (which runs like treacle and has the screen half hanging off) got onto holding within about 10 mins (but never past that sadly). i should've refreshed more than i did but i was worried about the old thing locking up and freezing. ah well.

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do you go to efest meet vintage ? 

Ah, well I didn't last time as I didn't really interact much on here! This time... I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to get down on the Wednesday or Thursday (work and my wife will dictate!). Hopefully!!!

8 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Ah, well I didn't last time as I didn't really interact much on here! This time... I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to get down on the Wednesday or Thursday (work and my wife will dictate!). Hopefully!!!

hope to see you there :) ive only been the once before but think now as ive been here quite a bit I will definitely be going :) unless traffic chaos ensues 

• Upvote 1

Tried on 3 phones and an ipad, one using 4G in Spain, the other 3 on hotel wifi. 2 phones couldnt even load the holding page at 9am. Ipad on wifi got through first to enter reg details and payment details were entered by 5 past but this is where it crashed. Ended up getting to payment screen again on one of the phones at 20 past which crashed again, but when it eventually loaded it said payment was already processed so the first booking must have gone through. Never saw a booking complete screen, had to enter reg details a few times to confirm that they had already been used to buy. 

I honestly think if I wasn't on holiday I wouldnt have got them because my home wifi is abysmal in comparison and this is the quickest ive ever got through

Tried on 3 phones and an ipad, one using 4G in Spain, the other 3 on hotel wifi. 2 phones couldnt even load the holding page at 9am. Ipad on wifi got through first to enter reg details and payment details were entered by 5 past but this is where it crashed. Ended up getting to payment screen again on one of the phones at 20 past which crashed again, but when it eventually loaded it said payment was already processed so the first booking must have gone through. Never saw a booking complete screen, had to enter reg details a few times to confirm that they had already been used to buy. 

I honestly think if I wasn't on holiday I wouldnt have got them because my home wifi is abysmal in comparison and this is the quickest ive ever got through

Thursday - got through after being notified tickets were sold out, by hitting back and forward until Leeds coach tickets reappeared and I could reach the payment page. The highs of T-day!

Sunday trying for others - reached the payment page at 9.15, hit buy tickets, but the page loading bar failed to reach the end and I was eventually timed out. The lows of T-day...

Both times using Safari on my Mac. 1 browser, 1 tab. Also had phone 4g on auto-refresh but got nowhere.

Edited by Lubic87