ticket buying process poll

Crazyfool01

Ticket buying process poll   

285 members have voted

1. 1. How did your ticket buying process go ? not totally scientific but vote as close to your experience as possible

• I didn't get the holding page
    • I only got as far as the holding page
    • I got kicked out at registration details stage
    • I got as far as registration details page
    • i got as far as payment details page
    • I got kicked out at payment stage
    • quite smooth I got what I required without issues of being kicked back

1 hour ago, CaravanMan said:

Two office PC’s didn’t get past an error message page until two minutes before tickets sold out. iPhone/4G got me to the holding page only. 

A friend got our 6 tickets around 9.15 but was very lucky; “I got through, put our details in, clicked proceed but it crashed, tried refreshing a few times, nothing. Clicked the back arrow and all our details popped back up, clicked proceed again and it took me straight to payment.”

This is exactly what happened to me. The registration details page was hanging for ages, stopped loading, then went white screen so I clicked back and all of our details were still there. Clicked proceed and it all went through from there 

• Like 1

I didn’t get to the holding page on 2 x laptops, and iPad and a Galaxy Tab....a friends got through and secured my tickets on an ipad. Another friend entered details for two lots of 6 on 2 separate devices at the same time but couldnt get the payment screen to load.

It was harder than ever this year 

Thursday: 6pm server error in Chrome, which took about 3-4 minutes to lose and get into the holding page.
15 minutes in I got the booking screen. Two Wed coach tickets booked within a minute or so....no major issues apart from the server crash panic right at the start. 

Sunday: Got straight onto the holding page bang on 9. Stayed there for about 12 mins until I got into the booking page.
Both the page & timer froze when confirming card details....but I left it alone through fear of getting bumped. (I pasted the link into another browser as a backup, but didn't need it). After maybe 1-2 minutes the freeze went away and the confirmation screen appeared. 4 tickets for others sorted. 

Didn't experience any of the shenanigans others reported - must be my lucky week.

Edited by dogeggs

I only got the holding page. The same with coaches on Thursday. It was only due to another member of the group I was in (who bought the tickets while on holiday in California) that I got a ticket. I got absolutely nowhere myself.

I got through to the screen confirming registrations but had various messages shown stating "Tickets cannot be purchased at this time", "No tickets available of type 'DEPOSIT' - please choose another type" (err, WHAT other type??) even though this was around 9.20 and nowhere near the time of being sold out.

Had to click BACK and re-submit dozens of times - mostly got no page or when it did materialise just got variations of the same error message.  

Missing out of tickets because of the huge demand is one thing.  Missing out because Seetickets are incapable of designing and commissioning a suitable system of purchasing said tickets is another, and 1000 times more galling.

Edited by MoilyX

Since reading way too many horror stories on here (after which it is impossible not to take some of the shine off getting through), I realise I was very lucky indeed. I got in with Safari and my connection even allowed me to forget to put my CVV number in, go back to complete that and submit with an immediate booking complete message. Email confirmation only took 28 mins to arrive so this was by miles my quickest successful purchase.

Edited by Fingerbobs

Bought one lot of tickets, with 'page not displayed' error, so page back and resubmitted  , then couldn't get back on

From the rest of our group, 1 didn;t get a reg page , and the other two got multiple reg pages, submitted reg details got the names back but couldn;t proceed to payment at all - and happened numberous times

On My PC, VPN'd into a Windows 10 PC at work - Running "chrome":-

Got to booking page by 09:10.

• Filled in boxes - clicked "Proceed" button and page crashed
  • Pressed "back button" not "F5" and got booking page back,
  • Clicked "Proceed" and page crashed,
  • Pressed "back button", Clicked "Proceed" and got to payments page.

Got to payments page by 09:11 

• Filled in card details, ticked data protection tick-boxes
  • Clicked "buy tickets" - Page hung for about a minute
  • Got error message pop-up "Page is taking too long to respond - Wait or Exit"
  • Pressed "Wait" - Page hung for about a minute
  • Got error message pop-up "Page is taking too long to respond - Wait or Exit"
  • Pressed "Wait" - Page hung for about a minute.

Got Booking Complete page by 09:15.

On Wife's Windows 10 tablet on WiFi at home - running Edge:-

Got to booking page by 09:15.

• Filled in boxes - clicked "Proceed" button and page crashed
  • Pressed back button, Clicked "Proceed" and got page with all registration numbers used messages
  • Re-filled in boxes with our second batch of reg numbers - clicked "Proceed" button and page crashed
  • Pressed back button, Clicked "Proceed" and got to payments page.

Got to payments page by 09:16

• Filled in card details, ticked data protection tick-boxes

Got Booking Complete page by 09:17.

11 Tickets in the bag.

Then I got back into booking page at 09:25 but our other friends had managed to get their tickets so had run out of numbers to get tickets for...

Feel quite guilty posting this, but was all rather smooth and the most successful October-Sunday sale for me in the modern era..

First got through after about 15 minutes and entered our details, only to be told that tickets were already held against those registrations (cue a WhatsApp from someone else in the group saying Group 1 was sorted). Wiped those details and entered Group 2 details and proceeded without a hitch to the payment page and confirmation.

Started the process again and got through once more at about half past. Entered the details of Group 3 this time, only to be told that 2 of the group had tickets. Gah! (Bloody idiots - should be banned for life!) But just wiped these two off the form and continued with the others without any issues. Eh?!

Had 2 Mac, 1 Ipad and a Windows PC running off 3 different wifi connections that got nowhere (all on less that 60 sec refresh rate), but it was the additional oldest PC tethered to a Samsung phone that got through each time.

Make of that what you will.

This straw poll is very interesting. About 200 people voted and about half didn’t even get passed the first hurdle. 

I don’t have any similar results from previous years but my feeling is there are less people on efests that were successful than before. I’m sure an indication that more casual music fans are trying for tickets and not us hard core passionate festival goers. 

Someone at work had put his conf email on facebook at 5 past 9.

To quote him "easiest day ever" . Didnt have to press f5 more than 3 times. 

I suppose there will always be a 1st person in the queue, but it goes against everyone else's experience... it is the experience I had for 2016s festival. I dtill have a screenshot of the confirmation screen at 9:03.

This year I was convinced after I'd got in - I'd get in again for mates. No 2nd joy.

I got straight into the holding page on two devices (three tabs)... of those one device loaded the registration page after 23 minutes (no hitches with payment - instant confirmation). 

Strangely, and coincidentally, two of my group got through to the same page at pretty much the exact same time as one text me saying one of the reg. numbers was wrong (typo) and the other got declined as idy submitted. 

My friend got straight back through for another group of two a few minutes later. I tried to get through for some on here but didn't manage it.

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I always hear stories of people having repeat success, being able to go back in and get tickets for others. Is this just luck or can one of the resident techies shed any light on why this might be?

I think it is just luck? I did it in the resales last time, when I wasn't even buying for myself - I was literally helping people off here, and I don't run any special set ups.

19 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Once I was past the holding page, it was probably the smoothest it's ever been for me. Loading between pages was virtually instant. Even accidentally hitting back at one point didn't cause any issues.

Same here. Once I was lucky enough to get a connection, registration page at approx 9:10, all finished by 9:12 including going back round the payment page because I missed out a field for my card details. Confirmation email arrived at 9:19.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think it is just luck? I did it in the resales last time, when I wasn't even buying for myself - I was literally helping people off here, and I don't run any special set ups.

for me its totally luck and being on here a lot over the period of the secret resales ( although they didn't happen last time ) im quite lucky when it comes to draws / raffles etc and I see the festival as an extension of this .. I do use a few devices but only manually refresh 1 ... so im not really a hardcore techy like some ... do you go to efest meet vintage ?