Top 10 things you’d rather not see at Glastonbury 2019

Splonk

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah, what I saw wasn’t a fight as much, so I’d amend what I said. Mainly just hostility and real bad vibes, and some kid trying to find someone to start a fight with cos he (probably purposely) got hit with a flying tinny of summat. Still more aggro than I’m used to seeing at the fest.

Yeah, as well as that fight, somebody tried to steal my bag, and the bloke behind us kept shoving me aggressively saying mind out for his kids. His kids were sat in camping chairs in the middle of a crowd, just outside the front pit, complaining for the whole show that they didn't like it and wanted to leave and he kept telling them to shut up. Also somebody did a pill fart which smelled bad, and one girl took it as an opportunity to loudly admonish strangers around her, accusing them of being dirty bastards who shit. Such a weird crowd that night, it just felt completely different to anything else I've seen at the festival.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Craig David was fucking ace I'll have you know.

Who died and made you the patron of "genuinely good music"?

We all have our dislikes, I'm sure you shit on some bands who others love ?

I saw CD before Jez and RTJ came on. He played a couple of his own songs but the rest were just karaoke rip-offs of other bands. I don't see what importing V Festival subheadliners to Glasto brings imo

37 minutes ago, Becks12 said:

Anyone I work with

Mate of mine is a teacher .... poor bloke never really recovered from being in Lost Vagueness (as was in those days) in the wee small hours, rather the worse for wear, when suddenly a young lady yells "Farkin' 'ell! Sir! What are you doing here?". He doesn't come anymore.

There was a nice story on here a few years ago, of some kid who'd called in sick to school to go to Glastonbury. Then one night he was wandering around gurning his face off, saw his maths teacher coming the opposite direction gurning his face off; both of them did a little double take, then did a mutual nod of acknowledgement and gurned about their own business again. Never spoke a word of it in school.

• Like 3

1. Crowd reaction vlogs/GlastoFanTV

2. An entire crew washing themselves & hair at the taps. Friday 11.30am

3. 2016 mud

4. 90's football league away shirts

5. Kaiser Cheifs

6. Car Park Blue 12

7. Fried egg boob t-shirts

8. The outside of a tent I want in that precise moment to be inside

9. Huge, gunmetal grey clouds over the Tor and doubtlessly approaching

10. A trolley without one of its wheels

Edited by Nduja
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Mate of mine is a teacher .... poor bloke never really recovered from being in Lost Vagueness (as was in those days) in the wee small hours, rather the worse for wear, when suddenly a young lady yells "Farkin' 'ell! Sir! What are you doing here?". He doesn't come anymore.

Was she doing something inexplicable with her mimsy?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

If they're a racist I hope they have a shit time.

Hmm, I dunno... Maybe having a shit time in general is what's contributed to their racism?

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was he asking if anyone had handed in a pair of denim shorts?

Fortunately he was wearing them. He was mainly just grimacing at the size of the queue, stopped for a quick chat with a couple of people mind. 

Secret friggin sets - hates the idea of needing a bleedin phone to figure out which field to stagger towards

Tuborg or other corporate lager, or "craft" ale replacing real ale

Inside of Philippa's van

A missed long drop

Beer cups in the urinals

A line up that has must see on at the Park, then at JP then at Acoustic, almost worse than clashes knowing you're just too knackered/lazy to trek

A line of people crust at the edge of every venue

12 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Secret friggin sets - hates the idea of needing a bleedin phone to figure out which field to stagger towards

In 2017 we found out about The Killers by overhearing a bunch of lads who were loudly talking over Rag'n'Bone Man. Annoyed at the time but probably for the best to be honest.

31 minutes ago, Nduja said:

4. 90's football league away shirts

This is an attack on my person, you shall be hearing from my lawyers.

Edited by squareheadz
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, as well as that fight, somebody tried to steal my bag, and the bloke behind us kept shoving me aggressively saying mind out for his kids. His kids were sat in camping chairs in the middle of a crowd, just outside the front pit, complaining for the whole show that they didn't like it and wanted to leave and he kept telling them to shut up. Also somebody did a pill fart which smelled bad, and one girl took it as an opportunity to loudly admonish strangers around her, accusing them of being dirty bastards who shit. Such a weird crowd that night, it just felt completely different to anything else I've seen at the festival.

Damn. Glad I didn’t venture too far into the heart of the crowd.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Lest we forget Craig David's Massive AudienceTM, so many people cannot be wrong.

Is that a knock off of Craig David’s Gargantuan Crowd?

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Just wait 'til you see @morph100 kick off over the absence of a cheeseboard. Scenes.

I was absolutely livid last time they didn't have any!

So question now is, which box of red wine is the best, new thread to come on this nearer the time....and also which cheese will last in the rucksack during the sweltering June heat and be spreadable on a cracker with a wooden knife from one of the food stalls?

2 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I was absolutely livid last time they didn't have any!

So question now is, which box of red wine is the best, new thread to come on this nearer the time....and also which cheese will last in the rucksack during the sweltering June heat and be spreadable on a cracker with a wooden knife from one of the food stalls?

Blue Nun and Dairlylea