Top 10 things you’d rather not see at Glastonbury 2019

Splonk

Things I don;t want to see at 2019 festival

- my friends at home and missing from the experience

- litter- find a f%&%&^ bin you morons ! , wandering past the other stage last year and a rather mullered, rather 'made up' lady dropped a cider cup 20 yards from a bin, 100 metres along and my friend ran up to her and politely said 'excuse me I think you dropped something back there' , lady thanked her and wobbled her way back from where she had come, thinking she had dropped a personal belonging. 15 mins later she was still scouring the area, and checking her bag wondering what she had dropped !!! serves her bloody right !

- left behind tents/chairs/rubbish

- anyone p155ing on the land

Anyone else can play , as if I don;t like them then someone will and I'll just avoid it , festival is for everyone, who am I to say who can and can;t play, my view is no better than the next persons

• Upvote 4

1.  Massive queues of people around the toilets at the bottom of Pennards when I've waited 2 hours for a slash.

2. Seeing the Tor disappear behind a huge grey cloud that is slowly making it's way toward us all.

3. All my "must see" acts clashing on the programme.

I got to 6 things and when i read it i sounded like a right sanctimonious twat...so im probably the first thing i dont want to see..

All i really want is for people to be respectful.. So many people that contribute here would love to have your ticket, behave like they would...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Only seen it once, a bloody punch up before the Arctic Monkeys in 2013 ? of all the places to get into a scrap

In 2010 I saw Alex Turner and his girlfiend (not sure her name - she was on T4) having a massive argument, they were screaming at each other.  It was It was near park farm. Bushy ground. Near where they put the football on that year.

It wasnt a scrap, but it wasnt half loud!

5 hours ago, UEF said:

The relentless march of vacuous Towie types (fighting a losing battle there)

"Diversity" does have its downsides afterall ?

Things I don't want to see:

1. Gallagher brothers for complaining about non-guitar music being at the festival.

2. Day trippers more interested in viewing the festival through the lens of their Iphone.

3. Fuck it, anyone going just to see bands like Craig David and missing genuninely good music.

4. People who don't visit the healing fields, left field, greenpeace field or any of the cool shit that might have an effect on the wider world because they don't give a shit about any of it.

*Numbers 2-4 could all be similar now I think about it.

5. People ODing and overdoing it. I've seen five people in five years need help from ambulance crews and one of them later died from what I understand after he had an allergic reaction to ketamin. Please roll safe, do your research and know your limits!!

6. Seeing my breath in the air when I wake up in the morning the next day.

7. Bellends (usually people in numbers 2-4) pulling on other fest-goers shoulders so they can get past. Happened a lot in 2017 from upper-class twat types. Just say 'excuse me' or 'could I get past, I'd like to get closer, please' instead.

8. Any other arrogant, 'I own the world and everyone else is beneath me' mentality.

9. A meal not costing the best part of a tenner.

10. Monday morning.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 3

I do not want to see the cheese board place in Greenpeace not selling cheese boards, I bring a box of red wine for a reason, I need my cheese!

I don't want to see people polluting/littering etc. 

I don't want mud/rain etc.

I don't want to see heavy handed security bullying people

I don't want to see thieves robbing tents etc.

I don't want to see anyone having a bad time

But mainly the cheese thing.....

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Only time I’ve seen much in the way of violence at the fest too. Guess the show was just that boring.

Did the one you saw involve a massive stacked geezer with a bald head nutting somebody? I'm hoping there wasn't more than one fight in a single crowd tbh.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Did the one you saw involve a massive stacked geezer with a bald head nutting somebody? I'm hoping there wasn't more than one fight in a single crowd tbh.

Nah, what I saw wasn’t a fight as much, so I’d amend what I said. Mainly just hostility and real bad vibes, and some kid trying to find someone to start a fight with cos he (probably purposely) got hit with a flying tinny of summat. Still more aggro than I’m used to seeing at the fest.