McCor

Resale Club 2019

41 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

My own personal view , has been mentioned a few times in the past, is pay the full amount at time of first sale to stop ‘ the chancers’ And give the die hard ‘ I don’t care who headlines I just want to be there ‘ a better chance of securing tickets first time of asking. 

Been said before but those of lower incomes can still budget. They know the sale is October so everyone knows the form.

Said my bit. It’s the weekend. Let’s get drunk!

Have a good one you lovely lot. 

I agree my good man , and defo time for a small sherry lol

• Upvote 1

Here’s a wierd fact , the population of bath is 83000 , so Glastonbury is the entire population of bath x3 ! Or half the population of Bristol , or half the population of Somerset! .

i new it was big , but my god , when you put it in those terms it’s a real eye opener 

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

Here’s a wierd fact , the population of bath is 83000 , so Glastonbury is the entire population of bath x3 ! Or half the population of Bristol , or half the population of Somerset! .

i new it was big , but my god , when you put it in those terms it’s a real eye opener 

How big is the population of people trying for resale tickets though..... 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Just noticed your in gert frome , your on the doorstep lol , you must be in the locals catchment , or are you like my brother in chilcompton just outside ?

Afraid not....Frome was once in local catchment but not for 10 years or so.  We can get Sunday tickets though.  Lost count of the amount of folks we speak to at G who still think we get in for free.

Morning all

Tad off topic but anyone have any knowledge of Bath and surrounding areas? I’m coming down to Gloucester on Friday for the rugby but staying at a mates who has a place in Turleigh so any recommendations for a late night bar in Bath for a cleansing ale or two post match?  Cheers

5 hours ago, morph100 said:

How big is the population of people trying for resale tickets though..... 

Ah , yes , that’s the population of London (8.1 million) lol

Edited by Big durbs

5 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Afraid not....Frome was once in local catchment but not for 10 years or so.  We can get Sunday tickets though.  Lost count of the amount of folks we speak to at G who still think we get in for free.

I think these days the catchment for free tickets is pilton ...but at least you get chance of a Sunday ticket , 

on the upside, not to far to travel. 

I think Mrs BigD bought the trolley on amazon if that helps , good luck in the resale fella 🙂

7 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all

Tad off topic but anyone have any knowledge of Bath and surrounding areas? I’m coming down to Gloucester on Friday for the rugby but staying at a mates who has a place in Turleigh so any recommendations for a late night bar in Bath for a cleansing ale or two post match?  Cheers

I used to drink st the pig and whistle (it’s still there, nice pub) when I worked in bath but can’t remember the names of the late night places I’ve been to more recently. Bit of a blur!

12 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all

There are some great pubs in Bath:

-Pig & Fiddle, student-ey pub near the Hilton Hotel

-Hall and Woodhouse, huge variety of drinks with rooftop terrace (although fairly expensive)

-Crystal Palace, cosy pub with a nice beer garden and atmosphere

-The Cork, larger than the above with lots of choice and outdoor heating

Hope that helps!

7 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

There are some great pubs in Bath:

-Pig & Fiddle, student-ey pub near the Hilton Hotel

-Hall and Woodhouse, huge variety of drinks with rooftop terrace (although fairly expensive)

-Crystal Palace, cosy pub with a nice beer garden and atmosphere

-The Cork, larger than the above with lots of choice and outdoor heating

Hope that helps!

Very kind. Thank you 

9 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Very kind. Thank you 

Have a small sherry on me mate , a warmup trip to the westcountry ready for June !

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

Have a small sherry on me mate , a warmup trip to the westcountry ready for June !

Cheers pal. Not my thing sherry but why the hell not!!

Listening to The Cure (my favourite band) with the thought of them on the Pyramid stage is making me so determined to get tickets. 

PMA.

15 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Cheers pal. Not my thing sherry but why the hell not!!

Don’t worry , only a turn of phrase, get a good , cold pint of thatchers gold down the back of yer neck dude , go large , lol

I might be a bit early, but how do people think is the best way to handle the resale for our lot here with the Google sheet that was created? As in getting the tickets etc?

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I might be a bit early, but how do people think is the best way to handle the resale for our lot here with the Google sheet that was created? As in getting the tickets etc?

Good shout....hoping @McCor might have some ideas and we can get it all planned ahead of time.  The list will need to be revisited for sure....there may be names on there that have changed plans and need to be removed so that a plan can be formulated from a final list.  I guess we may need a firm cut-off date for the list therefore.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Good shout....hoping @McCor might have some ideas and we can get it all planned ahead of time.  The list will need to be revisited for sure....there may be names on there that have changed plans and need to be removed so that a plan can be formulated from a final list.  I guess we may need a firm cut-off date for the list therefore.

Sounds like a good plan!

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Shall we say cut off point is end of March? Gives us April to formulate a plan then.

Sounds good. We have names, but no plan! Open to suggestions! Especially re payment, as it’s full ticket price!

41 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Shall we say cut off point is end of March? Gives us April to formulate a plan then.

Do we expect a line-up before resale day?  Perhaps the deadline should be after any lineup to allow decisions to be made....?

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Do we expect a line-up before resale day?  Perhaps the deadline should be after any lineup to allow decisions to be made....?

Why? Not wanting to be difficult but surely the list is for the totally committed no matter what the final lineup is. I know me and my lot don't care, any quality stuff on the lineup is always an added bonus.

11 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Why? Not wanting to be difficult but surely the list is for the totally committed no matter what the final lineup is. I know me and my lot don't care, any quality stuff on the lineup is always an added bonus.

Totally agree. My view is I just want to be there and if a couple of bands I like happen to be playing then that’s an added bonus. Not too fussed if the headlining acts are Stormzy , The Wurzels and a Cheeky Girls DJ set , I just want a ticket! 

And just to be clear , I do not have any Wurzels or Cheeky Girls material in my collection. Honest.....

9 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Totally agree. My view is I just want to be there and if a couple of bands I like happen to be playing then that’s an added bonus. Not too fussed if the headlining acts are Stormzy , The Wurzels and a Cheeky Girls DJ set , I just want a ticket! 

Yep, agree, don’t need to see the line up, I’d go whoever is on. I gotta be there, the thought of not going isn’t something I want to think of. Ever.

14 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

And just to be clear , I do not have any Wurzels or Cheeky Girls material in my collection. Honest.....

Ah , cheeky girls do set , headline pyramid for Saturday surely ? Lol

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Ah , cheeky girls do set , headline pyramid for Saturday surely ? Lol

Not enough beer in the world to make me witness that particular slot. Well... maybe 3 pints.

And a packet of pork scratchings

• Upvote 1