Resale Club 2019

McCor

22 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

1. I'll get one in the resale

2. I'll get one in the secret resale

3. I'll volunteer for Oxfam

4. I'll enter every comp I can

5. Poo crew?

6. BBC coverage and a fridge full of scrumpy, saying to yourself, "next year, next year...."

Brilliant !! I got rejected from poo crew.. 

Don't forget 'Work 6 x 12hr shifts'

45 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I think for next years fest my plan is to secure a place with oxfam for the 2020 fest as early as possible and then try the sales for a ticket. At least then I know I’m going either way.

I am already dreading how hard getting tickets is going to be next year.

57 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I think for next years fest my plan is to secure a place with oxfam for the 2020 fest as early as possible and then try the sales for a ticket. At least then I know I’m going either way.

This is my plan also! I'm also going to start saving for a hospitality ticket now ?

9 minutes ago, belle365 said:

This is my plan also! I'm also going to start saving for a hospitality ticket now ?

I'm doing exactly that.. If i miss out in the main sale ( i will ) i'm going to get a hospitality ticket..no messing about!!

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

EXACTLY what I’m doing ??

@Ozanne 

16 minutes ago, jmarmer said:

Does anyone fit this bill ?

Glasto obsessive, knows the site inside out, physically fit, mature, reasonable, assertive, diplomatic, calm, clear thinker, team player, willing to take responsibility, utterly reliable under stress, committed to making everyone's festival a little bit better, available Tues - Mon, able to meet in Mid Somerset in the next few days.

If you want to make the switch to volunteering this could be your chance, it is absolutely NOT a free ticket. Please think carefully before pm me as I don't want to waste anyone's time.

3x8 hour shifts 1 of which will be a night shift.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Thea! said:

Tough times Big Durbs !! 

@Ozanne in fairness they were full. Or so they said .. 

Could they not give it a few hours and 'make some room'?

Joining the Poo Crew is a level of desperation I hadn't even considered

Does anyone fit this bill ?

Glasto obsessive, knows the site inside out, physically fit, mature, reasonable, assertive, diplomatic, calm, clear thinker, team player, willing to take responsibility, utterly reliable under stress, committed to making everyone's festival a little bit better, available Tues - Mon, able to meet in Mid Somerset in the next few days.

So let me see.... no..yes...no...no...no...def no..no.. and no to the rest

well thats me out....

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, franathy said:

Poo crew is also 5 shifts (but no pay) and £500 deposit so you'd have to be pretty desperate. 

Got to say i've only been that desperate for a poo once... 

It was about 4 years ago on my way home from work..

But that's a different story...

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Does anyone actually do this? Id honestly rather stay at home and watch on TV.

Honestly I did think about it after failing in the resale but thankfully got Oxfam soon after. I agree it's maybe going a bit too far. Also the fact that it's so many hours kind of feels like taking advantage of people's desperation to get in. 

I've already been sent details of Glasto 2020 with regard to VIP hospitality tickets.

Oddly enough they're way more expensive than this years tickets were up for.

Don't think for one second they're taking advantage of the fact its the 50th anniversary?!

Just now, andyb66 said:

I've already been sent details of Glasto 2020 with regard to VIP hospitality tickets.

Oddly enough they're way more expensive than this years tickets were up for.

Don't think for one second they're taking advantage of the fact its the 50th anniversary?!

I think more likely, they're (trying to) take advantage of you.

In the sense that - if you're desperate to book it out a year ahead, then maybe you're desperate enough to pay silly money. Would imagine the price they're asking will fluctuate based on demand and on how many tickets they can source.

Once again worth pointing out - anywhere selling hospitality tickets are more than face value (which is approx twice the face value of general public tickets) is almost certain to be getting their tickets 2nd or 3rd hand rather than direct from the festival and so I'd be very dubious about trusting them. The festival do try to enforce the face value only rule and have been known to cut supplies to offenders - that's why "legitimate" places like Windinglake Farm are careful to only sell their tickets at face value, and instead inflate the price by tying them to overpriced accommodation packages. Yes, it probably ends up the same net effect, but it is taken seriously.