Resale Club 2019

McCor

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It isn't selfish, @mazola

It's just human nature when you want something so much. As altruistic as we would all like to be/think we are, we'd all feel exactly as you do. Don't be so hard on yourself, and I hope you do find a way to the Farm.

Ben

It's hard man, first year since 2008 I'd have missed, it's such a big part of my life now.

After failing in the resales I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in the secret resale, I couldn't face the soul crushing-ness of clinging to a faint sliver of hope. Yet this Oxfam business has really re-ignited me, and I'm sitting here f5ing away, and it's exactly as soul crushing as I knew it would be.

I wish I'd thought of volunteering earlier, this would be a perfect year for me to volunteer as there are no must sees for me, so i wouldn't even have to worry about what shifts I would get.

*edit - 2008 not 2018

Edited by mazola
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

I wonder if one or two more tents will go up for sale for Worthy View. I'm not so sure.

I’m hoping to nab a tipi in the resale. More likely to happen than the ticket resale based on last year but since it’s been so quiet I am not confident.

4 minutes ago, ledwards said:

I’m hoping to nab a tipi in the resale. More likely to happen than the ticket resale based on last year but since it’s been so quiet I am not confident.

Agreed. I have a script running that scans the site every 5 seconds for changes, the only changes I have seen in the past two weeks is some ticket types being removed. Eg. two person scout tents aren't even listed anymore, rather than being listed and saying 'sold out'...

Got our Oxfam places several months ago, but that wasn't straight forwards. The site crashed the day they were released, so whist I got a place my mate didn't. Was refreshing one day a month ago and up it came. So we're both sorted, so don't give up! its just a pain because you can't auto-refresh that drop down.

Worth knowing if you do two with them this year you get a priority place for the 50th next year, so I also have Boomtown booked. So if I'm unlikely again in Oct/April i have me a banker. Well worth considering if you've gone down this route too.

6 minutes ago, smudger said:

Got our Oxfam places several months ago, but that wasn't straight forwards. The site crashed the day they were released, so whist I got a place my mate didn't. Was refreshing one day a month ago and up it came. So we're both sorted, so don't give up! its just a pain because you can't auto-refresh that drop down.

Worth knowing if you do two with them this year you get a priority place for the 50th next year, so I also have Boomtown booked. So if I'm unlikely again in Oct/April i have me a banker. Well worth considering if you've gone down this route too.

I considered Boardmasters as a friend is given I'm in for Glasto now but it's gone

4 minutes ago, smudger said:

its just a pain because you can't auto-refresh that drop down.

Which to be honest has positives as well as negatives - it means that someone prepared to keep at it stands a better chance.

While I don't want to appear too negative by saying this, I think it is worth tempering expectations for many more places to appear - the cancellation deadline has now passed and so anyone who signed up more than a week ago and cancels will lose their entire deposit (though exceptions can be made with a doctors note or similar). If any further places do come up at this point it's probably going to be very small numbers - either someone with valid reasons or one of the handful of people who signed up this week and so are still within their grace period for free cancellation.

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

Confused

Late as in missed paying balance? If so can't blame anyone else ?

I read it as, the balance was paid but the ex then cancelled the ticket by the 3rd May deadline. She was 'too late' in terms of contacting Seetickets to prevent this outcome.

4 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Confused

Late as in missed paying balance? If so can't blame anyone else ?

The way I read it - Late as in she went to to change the address on her ticket, but was unable to do so as her ex had already cancelled it.

Takes a special kind of arsehole to pull a stunt like that.

5 minutes ago, Lycra said:

What if the ex had paid for the ticket?

Probably did - or at least, the transaction it probably went through his card (hence he's able to cancel it).

But that really doesn't matter - if he felt she owed him some money, then the correct thing to do is to ask for it - as it appears she was totally unaware of the cancellation it's likely that he didn't even try to ask the question.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Strange that the email address for the registration wouldn’t be informed, isn’t it?

Honestly - I don't know. I've never cancelled and never will so haven't seen what happens.

But there's no guarantee the registration was her E-Mail address anyway - I brought a friend to the festival about 10 years ago and had her as an additional registration against my E-Mail address. She never would have even known what the number was.