Resale Club 2019

McCor

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Slight note of caution in that is that because these will be cancellation places, and it's after the change deadline, they may have already been rostered and so it could be too late for shift partners.

That is a very good point, one that I didn't consider.

I was only quoting what I remembered when I did my application a few weeks ago.

Thanks for mentioning that...

@Thea! - It is worth noting the above.

Apologies if I've misled you... Good luck anyway....

9 minutes ago, Stave_1974 said:

That is a very good point, one that I didn't consider.

I was only quoting what I remembered when I did my application a few weeks ago.

Thanks for mentioning that...

@Thea! - It is worth noting the above.

Apologies if I've misled you... Good luck anyway....

@incident this was exactly my concern.. I’m wondering if the person who just got tickets today was able to request. 

It’s out of all our hands now anyway.  ?

12 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I'm sat waiting for an email for an hour or 2 so happy to sit refreshing the oxfam site for anyone that's after a spot. 

Ah if you could do it for me that would be amazing! I have two exams tomorrow and I keep getting distracted trying for Oxfam ? been trying for so long and nothing yet 

2 hours ago, Thea! said:

@incident this was exactly my concern.. I’m wondering if the person who just got tickets today was able to request. 

It’s out of all our hands now anyway.  ?

Yes, the shift/buddy options are still there on the website after getting a place today.... does not mean that they will be honoured now though at such a late stage. 

There is also very limited number of training options left between now and the festival... you have to do the training or you cant work.

Think there is Oxford/Leeds 1st June... Nottingham 11th June... not much other than that 

24 minutes ago, Havors said:

There is also very limited number of training options left between now and the festival... you have to do the training or you cant work.

Think there is Oxford/Leeds 1st June... Nottingham 11th June... not much other than that 

I emailed Oxfam regarding this as I’m in Scotland and with work etc I couldn’t make any of the training options there. They emailed back to saying loads in same boat and they’d be opening up online training. They said they’d be in touch with dates. 

They ended the email with basically saying relax, yer going to Glastonbury.

Also anyone else trying a few of my mates managed to get places the last day or two. You have to basically constantly refresh and bring the drop down menu up. Refresh, then drop down and places appear each day but it is time consuming. 

Edited by TaylorT

1 minute ago, TaylorT said:

I emailed Oxfam regarding this as I’m in Scotland and with work etc I couldn’t make any of the training options there. They emailed back to saying loads in same boat and they’d be opening up online training. They said they’d be in touch with dates. 

I best let my friend know then before he ends up travelling all the way to nottingham or something haha! 

Just now, Havors said:

I best let my friend know then before he ends up travelling all the way to nottingham or something haha! 

Yeah man haha get him to email Oxfamfest team. They can take up to 3 days to reply but they will get back to him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Also anyone else trying a few of my mates managed to get places the last day or two. You have to basically constantly refresh and bring the drop down menu up. Refresh, then drop down and places appear each day but it is time consuming. 

I called them up yesterday and they told me pretty much the same thing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Boom! Just got my friend an Oxfam place! been trying for 5 days straight now! finally 

What link is everyone using for Oxfam places?  I have a login to myfestivals.oxfam but it continually shows Glastonbury as sold out for all roles...?

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

What link is everyone using for Oxfam places?  I have a login to myfestivals.oxfam but it continually shows Glastonbury as sold out for all roles...?

That one.... just keep refreshing and check the drop down... it will become selectable if there is a place 

Just now, AILEEN MC IVOR said:

My drop down doesn't even show Glastonbury as sold out...is this a bad sign?

For Oxfam? If Glastonbury isn't showing at all, usually that would be because you're already signed up for it.

Click the "Account" button, and then "My Festivals", and see if Glastonbury 2019 is showing there.

It's selfish I know, but my heart is sinking with everyone turning up on here banging on about the Oxfam page.

Been sat here for 3 days without success, but it now there seems like the are 10 times as many people trying as when I started.

Just now, mazola said:

It's selfish I know, but my heart is sinking with everyone turning up on here banging on about the Oxfam page.

Been sat here for 3 days without success, but it now there seems like the are 10 times as many people trying as when I started.

Me toooooo

1 hour ago, TaylorT said:

I got the same email back from them, and a couple of additional online training sessions have been added now for June. Sign up!

28 minutes ago, mazola said:

Me too, Ive been sat here for days too but not for Oxfam still thinking there is a tiny chance of a secret sale, not giving up hope 

34 minutes ago, mazola said:

It isn't selfish, @mazola

It's just human nature when you want something so much. As altruistic as we would all like to be/think we are, we'd all feel exactly as you do. Don't be so hard on yourself, and I hope you do find a way to the Farm.

Ben

• Upvote 1