Resale Club 2019

McCor

25 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Pal of mine just got an Oxfam spot. Was checking intermittently all day

I can confirm this is right. I got a place today to volunteer with Oxfam, although it took a whole lot of pressing refresh (it comes up as "sold out" when you go on the place but it appears they put places back on the website as cancellations come through.)

I missed out on all four sales, and the failure to bag resale tickets nearly finished me off. I'm now a chappy. 

Good luck all!

@Bhayley I've gone with Oxfam about 6 times - three x 8 hour shifts (one early one late and one overnight), showers, secure campsite and three meal tickets thrown in. Great fun, highly recommended - would prefer to go with them than with a ticket (personally). 

8 minutes ago, chuffster said:

I can confirm this is right. I got a place today to volunteer with Oxfam, although it took a whole lot of pressing refresh (it comes up as "sold out" when you go on the place but it appears they put places back on the website as cancellations come through.)

I missed out on all four sales, and the failure to bag resale tickets nearly finished me off. I'm now a chappy. 

Good luck all!

@Bhayley I've gone with Oxfam about 6 times - three x 8 hour shifts (one early one late and one overnight), showers, secure campsite and three meal tickets thrown in. Great fun, highly recommended - would prefer to go with them than with a ticket (personally). 

Oh brilliant thank you so much! 

So im presuming you go from Wednesday till Monday morning? Is it really likely that you’re doing all of the shifts over the weekend or do they try and be nice? I must say tho the meal tickets sound quite convincing hahah 

8 minutes ago, Bhayley said:

So im presuming you go from Wednesday till Monday morning? Is it really likely that you’re doing all of the shifts over the weekend or do they try and be nice? I must say tho the meal tickets sound quite convincing hahah 

You'd need to arrive by, at the absolute latest, early evening Tuesday. Which is actually an advantage as you get to find/sample the staff bars and see the site before we've all turned up to wreck it.

Dangerous game but I've convinced myself that not many people will have been bothered to do this Guardian competition every day like most of us on here and that as a result at least a few of us will win.

Obviously that theory will be shot down massively when they reveal their winners but gotta hang on to the hope!

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Dangerous game but I've convinced myself that not many people will have been bothered to do this Guardian competition every day like most of us on here and that as a result at least a few of us will win.

Obviously that theory will be shot down massively when they reveal their winners but gotta hang on to the hope!

I’ve been thinking the same, it’s makes sense. People wouldn’t be bothered with this faff! Then again I held out hope I would get Glastonbury tickets and Liverpool would win the league and look at me now ?

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve been thinking the same, it’s makes sense. People wouldn’t be bothered with this faff! Then again I held out hope I would get Glastonbury tickets and Liverpool would win the league and look at me now ?

In both situations it's the hope that kills you :lol:

It's ok mate... we'll win the Champions League and Guardian competition! 

Keep an eye on EE on twitter today. Possible competition coming up?

"The day has started and so have we ☺ Just give us a shout if we can help at all. We’re here until 11pm.

The team today includes Olivia, who loves going to music festivals. She’s going to Glasto this year

Any good festival tips for Olivia?"

Edited by Beccaloid
Text
  • Upvote 1

Guys if you really want to go to Glastonbury Oxfam volunteering is your best option to go. I could be wrong but I would say a resale is really unlikely at this stage. Competitions as back up but don't pin your hopes on them they will have thousands of entries (except maybe the Guardian one ?). Just thought I'd mention it as today is the last day Oxfam stewards can cancel, so may be your last chance. Good luck everyone!

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Kayleigh89 said:

hoping for a miracle.  

Precisely....It's all getting very ominous now. We're into unknown territory again and  Groundhog 2017. Final ticket cancellation/refund day +11.....in recent history the maximum interval has been 10 days. If it doesn't happen very very soon then take solace..... only 20 weeks until the next ticket sales....2020 here we come!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1