McCor

Resale Club 2019

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

You don't have it memorised? Rookie.

With my memory I hardly remember the day

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Just a quick pop in to say good luck to you all - I was part of the 2017 secret that never happened.

I have 4 I am trying for hence not offering my help this time.

Poised and ready, I just hop I don't have to stay that way for week after week in the hope it happens.

Did you manage to get in in 2017 one way or another?

3 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

Did you manage to get in in 2017 one way or another?

I had mine anyway, was just helping others who needed help.

How likely do people think there will be a re-sale?

Seeing and hearing reports of tickets going back into the pot. Could be a dozen, two dozen, who knows. And that's only from the folk actively posting on here! Could be any number of tickets available including those not declared or active on this site - I don't expect that number to exceed 1,000 tickets, and that's being very optimistic. Worst case scenario they're given out to bands, staff, locals, comps etc.

I'm still holding out for a re-sale, been lucky twice - in 2013, and 2016 so been more successful in secret resales than anything else at this stage!

Also seem to recall people accurately narrowing down the secret re-sale to a specific week i.e. it will happen between XX May - XX May, whether through contacts in Glastonbury, See, Eavii or technological sleuthing, I do not know. Any of those folk around? 

5 minutes ago, pentura said:

Seeing and hearing reports of tickets going back into the pot. Could be a dozen, two dozen, who knows. And that's only from the folk actively posting on here! Could be any number of tickets available including those not declared or active on this site - I don't expect that number to exceed 1,000 tickets, and that's being very optimistic. Worst case scenario they're given out to bands, staff, locals, comps etc.

I'm still holding out for a re-sale, been lucky twice - in 2013, and 2016 so been more successful in secret resales than anything else at this stage!

Also seem to recall people accurately narrowing down the secret re-sale to a specific week i.e. it will happen between XX May - XX May, whether through contacts in Glastonbury, See, Eavii or technological sleuthing, I do not know. Any of those folk around? 

I would love there to be one but I honestly don't think there will be. There have been zero page changes all week; whenever there's been a secret resale before there have been loads and loads of little page changes in the days leading up to it. Plus the fact that the April resale was so quick, maybe not enough tickets returned? Anyway I would love to be wrong! If there is one it should be today, tomorrow or Monday going from past history. 

6 minutes ago, franathy said:

I would love there to be one but I honestly don't think there will be. There have been zero page changes all week; whenever there's been a secret resale before there have been loads and loads of little page changes in the days leading up to it. Plus the fact that the April resale was so quick, maybe not enough tickets returned? Anyway I would love to be wrong! If there is one it should be today, tomorrow or Monday going from past history. 

Yeah I remember all those page changes in 2016 - I had two page monitors on the go with email updates - inbox was flooded that year!

Also remember a Whatsapp group of like 600 people. One ping from the webpage and that group would go into overdrive! 

I'm still holding out for one, we know there will be tickets available, but whether they're available to us is another question 🤨

1 hour ago, pentura said:

Yeah I remember all those page changes in 2016 - I had two page monitors on the go with email updates - inbox was flooded that year!

Also remember a Whatsapp group of like 600 people. One ping from the webpage and that group would go into overdrive! 

I'm still holding out for one, we know there will be tickets available, but whether they're available to us is another question 🤨

Lol the telling's off in that whatsapp group for people sending random irrelevant messages to a group on tenterhooks! 😃

16 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Lol the telling's off in that whatsapp group for people sending random irrelevant messages to a group on tenterhooks! 😃

Absolutely! People just did not seem to understand to only post unless the sale went live

The best was someone asking "what's this group all about?" after specifically putting in their phone number to be included in the group!!

2 hours ago, pentura said:

I think very unlikely. The fact that there wasn't one last time coupled with the closeness of official resale with final refund date (think these were normally more like 2-3 weeks apart?). Plus I suspect some at the festival might have felt uneasy at secret sales happening where not everyone gets fair warning (pretty sure I saw Emily getting stick on twitter about this once).

I expect by now they can reliably estimate the number of returns they will get and so are able to redirect them to be taken by traders, industry types or whatever. Whatever happens I doubt they become freebies. You could easily get 100 refunds in the final week, that's over 20k in ticket money and barring any budget disasters all of that would be going to charities otherwise.

But it has happened before of course, 2017 is still the exception. Everyone here is hoping it stays that way!

8 minutes ago, pentura said:

Absolutely! People just did not seem to understand to only post unless the sale went live

The best was someone asking "what's this group all about?" after specifically putting in their phone number to be included in the group!!

Could anyone please add me to this group please :)

1 minute ago, Al2006 said:

Could anyone please add me to this group please :)

i don't believe there is one this year!

Secret resales were kind to our group in 2014 & 2015, and we almost came to look upon them as fail safe, should we miss in October and April.

It doesn't seem to the case this year, though I hope I'm wrong, of course.

We'll all keep hopeful there is a secret re-sale imminent and that we shall all be successful!

Failing that, by what date can we assume any resale is completely out of the question? June 1st? Earlier?

56 minutes ago, pentura said:

We'll all keep hopeful there is a secret re-sale imminent and that we shall all be successful!

Failing that, by what date can we assume any resale is completely out of the question? June 1st? Earlier?

I think you can safely assume there won't be a sale on the morning of the 26th June... I honestly feel for the folks on here having been there back in 2017. Hope springs eternal. The reality is that there will be no warning if it happens and anything else is just speculation and nothing more. It's hard to give up on the chances of there being one though and the only thing you can do is have a page monitor running and be as prepared as you can be. I really hope there is one and there is plenty of time I guess but I wouldn't pin all your hopes on it. If you can find a way in through working the festival then you have a better chance of being there. 

Don't lose hope everyone, some of us have been here since October, we're not about to give up now, keep this alive...

EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE SAY "HELL YEA!"

I happened to be looking for something else festival related and stumbled across the email confirmation from when I bought coach tickets in the secret resale a few years back so just thought I'd share - Wed 08/05/2013 13:23

That was a time when it wasn't the only day they did them, but I do recall it was very fortunate that I was near a browser, as they were fleeting.  Oh yeah and I chose to get a coach from London, even though it's 120 miles away, that seemed easy peasy as the day before I was looking at either Glasgow or Edinburgh as the two choices still on sale for me, but they're 300 odd miles.

Don't sit by your computer until June though - maybe just try and do it through your phone these days ;)

Edited by clarkete

49 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Don't lose hope everyone, some of us have been here since October, we're not about to give up now, keep this alive...

EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE SAY "HELL YEA!"

Been here since October 2016!!!! 

HELL YEAH!!!!!