McCor

Resale Club 2019

29 minutes ago, Perks said:

Finally got me Guardian today, so funny seeing all your stories, exactly what happened to me Saturday, tried 4 shops. 2 didn't have the paper and 2 had no idea what to do with the code! Finally got it sorted in the Co-op in Bham city centre at dinner time, told her I'll be in every day, she was chuffed when it went through and even more chuffed when I told what it was for. I only have the 15p off receipt though, I'll take it back into there on me way home

Lets hope us lot on here win

It does seem to be quite a lot of work ?

30 minutes ago, Perks said:

Finally got me Guardian today, so funny seeing all your stories, exactly what happened to me Saturday, tried 4 shops. 2 didn't have the paper and 2 had no idea what to do with the code! Finally got it sorted in the Co-op in Bham city centre at dinner time, told her I'll be in every day, she was chuffed when it went through and even more chuffed when I told what it was for. I only have the 15p off receipt though, I'll take it back into there on me way home

Lets hope us lot on here win

I might have a go a couple of times as I read that you get as many chances as papers you buy.

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Fabulous! 

Yes Oxfam Efests meet at least!! :)

Been lined up with Oxfam for a while so count me in! Got my training next Wednesday in London. 

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I might have a go a couple of times as I read that you get as many chances as papers you buy.

You can only enter once a day according to their T&Cs.

47 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You can only enter once a day according to their T&Cs.

Not sure where I read it but each day a paper purchased you get one. I'm not even sure how you find out if you've won.

I'm going to get a great of mailers or the 3 for 12 from Tesco as one last ditch as winning as I don't mind losing part of the deposit if I have a free reign.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Not sure where I read it but each day a paper purchased you get one. I'm not even sure how you find out if you've won.

I'm going to get a great of mailers or the 3 for 12 from Tesco as one last ditch as winning as I don't mind losing part of the deposit if I have a free reign.

Yeah that's it, you can only enter once a day but if you buy a paper on numerous days you get entered for every day you buy. If that's what you meant anyway then sorry!

*Glastonbury Festival 2019*
Looking for experienced and enthusiastic Chefs, KP's, Waiting Staff, Runners, Baristas, set up staff and pack down staff.
All for a backstage restaurant at the festival. 
Need to be available from 26th June - 1st July.
If interested, please send cv (including phone numbers for at least 2 recent references) to emilysbaruk@gmail.com please do not DM

Hi guys! I’m Andy, longtime lurker on here. Failed to get tickets this year while my group of friends are all going! Thought I’d say hi, and that I’ve also entered all the available comps apart from the guardian. Still hoping for the secret resale!! I only need one ticket :( 

Hi Andy and welcome, you've come to the right place and if anyone can help, us lot can. Keep checking in and update us if you hear of anything too.

So happy to see the success with Oxfam, great teamwork guys!

Now we just need the rest of you to clear up in the guardian comp, we won't even need a secret resale this year ?

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah that's it, you can only enter once a day but if you buy a paper on numerous days you get entered for every day you buy. If that's what you meant anyway then sorry!

That's what I meant haha. How do.you find out if you win?

1 hour ago, rich@ said:

*Glastonbury Festival 2019*
Looking for experienced and enthusiastic Chefs, KP's, Waiting Staff, Runners, Baristas, set up staff and pack down staff.
All for a backstage restaurant at the festival. 
Need to be available from 26th June - 1st July.
If interested, please send cv (including phone numbers for at least 2 recent references) to emilysbaruk@gmail.com please do not DM

Runners is intriguing.

I'm guessing runners are to run about to fetch and deliver stock/stuff onsite or just run about with general stuff on a trolley, all much like a general punter at Glastonbury!

39 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I'm guessing runners are to run about to fetch and deliver stock/stuff onsite or just run about with general stuff on a trolley, all much like a general punter at Glastonbury!

Looks promising mate , you gunna have a go ?

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Looks promising mate , you gunna have a go ?

Was mildly interested until it got to the "please send cv....."  part, last time I did a cv was 32 years ago!

Don't pin your hopes on a a lottery, do something realistic get a Glastonbury job!

Edited by rich@
Clarity

Well many thanks to you rich, you've definetly done your homework with all these contacts you've found. So what are you hoping for yourself? Work? Comp winning? Secret resales? Hiding in a van!?