Resale Club 2019

McCor

4 hours ago, franathy said:

I just went round all the shops that it said could do the Guardian comp and they all said they couldn't do it! They all had Paypoint machines so I'm really not sure why not ?

That seems very rubbish of them. Did they even attempt to scan it? My experience so far has been that it's dead easy for them. They use the Paypoint scanner and then it spits out a 'you're entered' message. That's it. Admittedly the first guy I tried took a bit of convincing to do it but that was more language barrier than anything. Beg them to at least scan it and see what happens next. They've got nothing to lose, there's no admin they need to do. 

14 hours ago, tinaw said:

???

you’re right. 

Ok - so everyone still on for Thursday 6pm baggy Monday’s? 

My favourite couple of hours of the festival, if successful will defintely be there. 

10 hours ago, cerv said:

That seems very rubbish of them. Did they even attempt to scan it? My experience so far has been that it's dead easy for them. They use the Paypoint scanner and then it spits out a 'you're entered' message. That's it. Admittedly the first guy I tried took a bit of convincing to do it but that was more language barrier than anything. Beg them to at least scan it and see what happens next. They've got nothing to lose, there's no admin they need to do. 

Yes they tried, they said it wouldn't scan and that that nobody else had asked them to do it (as if I was being awkward?!) It was a big Co Op as well so it really shouldn't have been a problem. I'm going to try a different shop this morning and have printed out the barcode. 

15 hours ago, Levitz said:

If having trouble I'd try the named stores: Co-op and McColls if you can. The first couple of times I had to make them read all the instructions as the barcode wouldn't scan, but the printed one I said you need to scan with paypoint (it's all part of the main till in co-op not a separate machine)and it took the money off. 

It was a Co Op. Will try again this morning!

Morning all, 

Having been successful for myself (my first glasto) in the 2016 secret resale, I am back again for a friend this year. Usual set up on page alerts already on, really hoping that it at least takes place so some on here get lucky! Any idea if there is a max number of tickets you can get in the resale, I have it in my head that it's two? But I certainly didn't hang around on the page in 2016 long enough to verify. 

Best of luck to everyone! Here's hoping it happens! 

18 minutes ago, SpikedElf said:

Long time lurker but just shouting that the Oxfam volunteering link is back up and selectable!

Thank you to whoever said to keep it open and do regular refreshes as it's got me in :)

I did it too! Now I'm scared until I get a proper confirmation! 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bove said:

Got our only friend who didnt manage to get a ticket to sign up for this, you pay a deposit straight up? Is that it, you just get official confirmation and you're in?

Yeah, once payment has been taken then it's just subject to things that should be in your own hands - specifically, providing all the details needed (on the Account page), providing a reference, and getting trained before the festival (if you're struggling with the dates/locations available, E-Mail them as there may be other "last resort" options).

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SpikedElf said:

Long time lurker but just shouting that the Oxfam volunteering link is back up and selectable!

Thank you to whoever said to keep it open and do regular refreshes as it's got me in :)

Great heads up, thank you so much.

1 hour ago, SpikedElf said:

Made the payment and got the festival place reserved screen for my friend! Any idea how long you have to complete the account info?? shes at work till 5! 

If this works we owe SpikedElf about 10 beers! 

44 minutes ago, James_Glasto_LDn said:

Made the payment and got the festival place reserved screen for my friend! Any idea how long you have to complete the account info?? shes at work till 5! 

If this works we owe SpikedElf about 10 beers! 

Can you fill it in for her? It's all fairly straightforward! You need an emergency contact, referee, and a photo. A few other bits too but it's all quite easy and you can amend it up until tomorrow morning. Might be worth trying! 

2 hours ago, franathy said:

Yes they tried, they said it wouldn't scan and that that nobody else had asked them to do it (as if I was being awkward?!) It was a big Co Op as well so it really shouldn't have been a problem. I'm going to try a different shop this morning and have printed out the barcode. 

My Coop have been fine with it to be fair to them. Might be worth mentioning they have to use the "Paypoint" button on the till before they try and scan your barcode as they use the same scanner for paypoint and the normal items.

9 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Can you fill it in for her? It's all fairly straightforward! You need an emergency contact, referee, and a photo. A few other bits too but it's all quite easy and you can amend it up until tomorrow morning. Might be worth trying! 

Managed to get her to do it on her break, all done. Thanks again everyone! She's pumped! 

6 minutes ago, franathy said:

Do you get an email to confirm Oxfam? I've paid deposit and filled out all the sections but haven't had another email to confirm!

Me neither! Apparently if all your ticks are green on your profile then you're in. 

3 hours ago, SpikedElf said:

Been too depressed since resale day to bother checking eFests - slight boredom at work a bit earlier, had a look and so glad I saw this post.  All signed up - thank you.

• Like 1