Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 hour ago, ChunkySandwedge said:

https://donate.shelter.org.uk/register-glastonbury/~my-donation

Link I had for Shelter still appears to be working..

Main website says all gone but this link seems to bypass all of that to go sign up.

Takes you direct to the page to pay the £300 and fill in your details. 

Hopefully this will help one of you good people get back to the farm in June. 

This is what I’m doing so hopefully a few more of you will get positions!

40 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Seriously considering doing 2 festivals with Festaff to guarantee a ticket for next year. 

If you go down that route, take a look closely at the terms and conditions and make sure you're happy with them - for my taste Festaff have some significant drawbacks that personally would stop me working for them. Specifically the fact that they charge you to work for them really annoys me, they insist on holding onto your passport, and beyond that in general terms I feel that the conditions aren't as good as you'd get with most other groups who provide volunteer festival staff (they don't feed you, I don't think the backup they give to their staff is as good as should be expected, etc).

Personally I'd recommend Oxfam as a better option - for my taste a much better selection of festivals, and none of the above issues apply.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I feel awful, we have all been here for each other leading up to this morning, and now I have tickets, and I know I should be running around the house cheering, but instead I feel so sad , as so many of the regulars on here were not so lucky , I would give the world to be able to wave a magic wand and sprinkle a little fairness to this , I know it means so much to so many of you guys .as it does to me . 

Sorry my my outpouring of my heart in public 

I'm happy for you that you've got some tickets, at least some of us have!

19 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I feel awful, we have all been here for each other leading up to this morning, and now I have tickets, and I know I should be running around the house cheering, but instead I feel so sad , as so many of the regulars on here were not so lucky , I would give the world to be able to wave a magic wand and sprinkle a little fairness to this , I know it means so much to so many of you guys .as it does to me . 

Posts like this are what make this forum such an awesome place to be. 

Glad you got a ticket mate, have to enjoy yourself for all of us too! :) 

2 hours ago, ChunkySandwedge said:

https://donate.shelter.org.uk/register-glastonbury/~my-donation

Link I had for Shelter still appears to be working..

Main website says all gone but this link seems to bypass all of that to go sign up.

Takes you direct to the page to pay the £300 and fill in your details. 

Hopefully this will help one of you good people get back to the farm in June. 

Anyone tried this? I'm very keen but reluctant to give them £300 in case I end up losing it and they say there aren't any places! 

18 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I’m sure we will, but right now it feels like I found a fiver and then lost a tenner , I was so sure we would all get lucky , I’m not sure how many on here were lucky , but it feels like very few got tickets.

im still hoping your tack with See Tickets bears you good news , I’m sure many of us on here have our fingers , toes and even eyeballs crossed for you .

i trust you will keep us all up to date on the outcome of your email 

I know exactly how you are feeling, I was part of the secret resale group of 2016, we went through the peaks and troughs of the resale and then several secret resales together, mainly without success. In late May I was lucky to win 2 tickets via eFestivals, thus abandoning my fellow thread comrades. They were so delighted for me as we all are for you today. :party:

Had I won the lottery I would have bought each and everyone of them a hospitality ticket if I could have laid my hands on some. Emotions run very deep when it comes to Glastonbury tickets and the fellowship on here is second to none. Enjoy your victory, you deserve it especially after serving in the 2017 thread too! Hope to see to at the eFestivals meet up on Wednesday! :drinks:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Sent the email this evening. Just tried to be overly polite and went down the “I haven’t received my confirmation email although I did get the purchase complete link” line.

Don’t think it’ll work but as we said, nothing to lose really!

On a different note, does anyone else feel there seem to be less competitions this year? Normally I’ve had tickets in October sale so haven’t paid a huge amount of attention to them but I’m sure I recall seeing more than the 3 (GWR, Mallets Cider and Water Aid) I’ve seen this year?

They will ask you for the booking reference number that is generated when an order is completed. Of course that is on the confirmation e mail but also is on the screen when booking complete  is processed. At that point I take a screen shot just in case I don’t get a confirmation email. The ref number is what they need to check any order.  Best of luck. 

13 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Thank you , 2017 was painful, I was inconsolable. I’m not a long standing Glastonbury veteran, in fact my first was 2015 , and even going in through the gates ( dragged by my now wife,) I was saying “ this isn’t my thing , do it with you mates next time . 

Glasto grabs you by the heart , it’s such a awesome and magical experience, but the friendship you get , you just want to share with so many,

you go through the gates and the real world ( and the stress of work , you leave behind) no longer exists for 5 days.

or is this just me ?

thats why I feel so torn , I am , of course delighted to be going , but , and here’s the thing , I wanted this feeling for ALL of us on here .

Spot on mate, how you’ve described the festival is exactly how I feel. The feeling of leaving the real world behind for those few days, is a feeling I don’t get anywhere else. Enjoy it like it’s your last, soak in that atmosphere and experience as you just never know when you’ll get back there. 

1 hour ago, PKate said:

Anyone tried this? I'm very keen but reluctant to give them £300 in case I end up losing it and they say there aren't any places! 

I signed up with them in March.

its genuine and worst case scenario if it is an error I’m sure they would refund the £300.

8 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Hey, we are also happy that you got a ticket though. You absolutely deserve it and I personally get comfort in knowing that someone like you who will embrace every minute of the festival managed to be one. 

Complety understand what you all mean about the heart grabbing allure of Glastonbury. 5 days of living in a world full of love and kindness, it does feel like you leave the harsh worries of life at the gate. 

But enjoy the run up now, this is when the magic begins  

much love 

• Like 1

Was gutted yesterday about not getting tickets, more for my brother in law who it would be his first time, he is 18 a week before the festival and for my 18 month old, even though she’s none the wiser. I know we would all go whatever the line up but there is some comfort in it for me that there is no big bands I am gutted about missing, if I didn’t get tickets to see Radiohead, stones or Neil young it would have been horrendous. Worry starts about next year though as it’s looking like more people will want to go for the 50th anniversary. Is it bad of me to hope this years a bit of a muddy one and you get a bit of rain so it looks like hell on earth on the tv so more people don’t want to go. 

36 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Morning Resalers! How are we feeling today? I feel so weird, like the feeling of a break up. Yes I am very lame. 

Morning. Can completely concur - it does feel like the morning of a break up. All a bit empty. 

Luckily for me I have a fun filled day in a heaving A&E department - that’ll take the edge off ?

52 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Morning Resalers! How are we feeling today? I feel so weird, like the feeling of a break up. Yes I am very lame. 

Still feeling shit but now looking into other opportunities such as working, the only downside of that is if successful it will be a festival without my mate which will be very strange. 

20 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Was gutted yesterday about not getting tickets, more for my brother in law who it would be his first time, he is 18 a week before the festival and for my 18 month old, even though she’s none the wiser. I know we would all go whatever the line up but there is some comfort in it for me that there is no big bands I am gutted about missing, if I didn’t get tickets to see Radiohead, stones or Neil young it would have been horrendous. Worry starts about next year though as it’s looking like more people will want to go for the 50th anniversary. Is it bad of me to hope this years a bit of a muddy one and you get a bit of rain so it looks like hell on earth on the tv so more people don’t want to go. 

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel. I’m gutted at missing out but I’ve been the last four years so I can’t complain too much. My favourite band on the lineup are The Cure and I’m already seeing them twice this summer anyway. As much as I love the thought of hearing Pictures of You soaring across the Pyramid field, I’m sure I can cope just seeing them the other times. 2017’s lineup had my two favourite bands on the Pyramid so definitely better to miss out this year than then!

I actually got through right at the end of coach sale trying for other people and probably could have got a ticket for myself there but I didn’t for a few reasons. I was really kicking myself for that yesterday but can’t change things now. It will be very strange not being there but I think I’ll just end up doing what I did in 2013 and spend the full weekend watching the streams online.

Being realistic here and resigned ourselves to not going this year. Yes I know we have the possibility of a secret resale or competitions....but really! .....the last thing I won was a Dr Hook album when I was 13 ?

SO CHIN UP PEEPS....it's just over 5 months to the next ticket sales ?

Being realistic here and resigned ourselves to not going this year. Yes I know we have the possibility of a secret resale or competitions....but really! .....the last thing I won was a Dr Hook album when I was 13 ?

SO CHIN UP PEEPS....it's just over 5 months to the next ticket sales ?

1 hour ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Muddy doesn’t make any difference anymore. 

2016 was really muddy and tickets for 2017 still sold out really fast.