Resale Club 2019

McCor

10 hours ago, bdon89 said:

Morning and happy almost end of Jan!

anyone else enter Radio 1 comp with Greg James this morning ? Anyone successful ?  

Entered and turned the radio off in a huff as soon as I realised I hadn't won haha

The person that answered the phone didn't even sound surprised, what the fuck!? (Although as stated above, I only listened for about 5 seconds before the huff)

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Entered and turned the radio off in a huff as soon as I realised I hadn't won haha

The person that answered the phone didn't even sound surprised, what the fuck!? (Although as stated above, I only listened for about 5 seconds before the huff)

I was sulking for the majority of my journey into work! It did transpire that the winner was on the bus on their way into work, which explains the subdued reaction. 

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

The way I read it , they take a deposit (£250) which is the cost of a ticket anyway, and you get that back when you have done the second festival with them , the example was bestival . But some one else has said they are not taking glasto applications until April anyway 

Take a look at the FAQs page on their site - Festaff also charge people an "Administration fee" of £15 per festival - so it'll be £30 total if they're requiring you to do a second event with them.

Personally, that fee would be be enough for me to refuse to work with them as it's definitely not standard in the rest of the industry. It may not bother others, but it's something people do need to be aware of when they're considering options.

20 minutes ago, Jim fitch said:

When do we think the re sale dates will be announced? 

2009 - 29th Jan

2010 - 16 Mar

2011 - 25 Mar

2013 - 18 Mar

2014 - 31 Mar

2015 - 8 Apr

2016 - 8 Apr

2017 - 10 Apr

25 minutes ago, Jim fitch said:

And has anyone on here had luck with it before ? 

I got resale in 2010, someone else got me one in 2011 plus I got one for someone else in 2017. There's anecdotal talk that it's easier than the main sale but I'm not convinced, I'd say about the same.

It may be even harded these days with people being well organised. Our large group all managed to get tickets in the main sale but two of our group couldn't try then due to a problem with registration. We'll now all be trying for them in the resale. So good for them but not good for people trying on their own.

• Upvote 1

Afternoon all. I managed to nab Foals tickets yesterday with minimal fuss so I’m hoping those nice people at seetickets will be as kind when resale day arrives.

I’ll actually have a small wager they won’t be but we live in hope! 

13 hours ago, UEF said:

As predicted, much interest has died off in our group. Not quite so keen as we were in October, eh?

Do you mean your pals or people here? - One of my friends who got tickets this year (on my credit card - don't even ask..) said she might go Leeds instead.. FFS!!!!

I obsessively read this thread every day ? signed up to volunteer too and have potentially asked everyone i know with a basic understand of computers to try for me in April.