Resale Club 2019

McCor

I'm in. I did try in the 2017 resale but did not get tickets. So I joined the secret resale thread of that year for tips, changed my work schedule for 2 weeks and signed up to a website which notified me when the ticket website changed. In the end that was the first year without a secret resale! That was brutal, today was brutal, but April 2018 will be kinder to us.....I think! 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Right, that’s a couple of people who’ve said the resale is easy: this encourages me. I’ve not had anything to do with em before. Is this just positive affirmation though? A kind of ‘Ive done it and it worked so therefore it’s easy’ while loads of others got bugger all? 

I've managed to get resale tickets in the past, but within the last few minutes so it could have been a very different story. It's a relatively fast sale compared to general. Gotta have hope!

1 minute ago, basicminds said:

I'm in. I did try in the 2017 resale but did not get tickets. So I joined the secret resale thread of that year for tips, changed my work schedule for 2 weeks and signed up to a website which notified me when the ticket website changed. In the end that was the first year without a secret resale! That was brutal, today was brutal, but April 2018 will be kinder to us.....I think! 

what was this website out of curiosity , hopefully i'll never need to use such website but good to know just in case 

Also in the re-sale club after 7 successful years (except 2014) Morale at an all time low in our house today!! Even our friend who year on year gets multiple lots of tickets for people failed today, it just seemed super hard! But resale’s all the way! 

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Red leader 1 standing by. Gutted after the sale, we go again though..

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Evening all. I promise I’ll be in a better, more optimistic mood by April. Until then, who wants an Erdinger? I have several.

Can’t help but notice both people with Agent Cooper as their avatar were unlucky, maybe change it to Dougie or Mr C for the resale. I do hope you succeed

I'm in the club too ☹️ Been lucky enough to go 11 times, only time ever tried and missed out on getting tickets was 2004 - coincidentally the year Macca played! - and so gutted to have missed today. Didn't get anywhere near a ticket page this year. Glasto is my birthday weekend and Macca is my dream Glasto headliner, so will be trying hard in April. No idea what I will do if that doesn't work! Emigrate?

Best of luck to everyone in this boat x

45 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

what was this website out of curiosity , hopefully i'll never need to use such website but good to know just in case 

Can't remember offhand but will check my emails. I got it off here (in fact I think one of the regulars set it up) so hopefully someone else will have the link too. 

• Upvote 1

2019 would have been my 10th Glastonbury. Spent most of the day feeling quite pragmatic. This evening reality has hit a little :(

Yet to decide if we brave the resale or just put this down to fate (and leave the country for the week).

50 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

Our biggest problem, is we are a group of 6 and obviously re-sale is 4. We are 3 couples , best advice anyone?

find another couple :P

didn't realise the resale was 4 each though! luckily that's the size of my group trying today so no hard decisions. in 2011 i got through for a resale ticket with no hassle whatsoever so hoping for similar luck

2 minutes ago, Amii said:

2019 would have been my 10th Glastonbury. Spent most of the day feeling quite pragmatic. This evening reality has hit a little :(

Yet to decide if we brave the resale or just put this down to fate (and leave the country for the week).

It’s a shitter. Immediately after the sale I was surprisingly calm, I think because I had one device that had a really responsive holding screen the entire time (but didn’t get a booking page) I had the feeling that I couldn’t have done anymore, coupled with the fact that I got tickets in the resale after a couple of minutes last time around, so all in all I felt pretty relaxed about it all.

As the day has worn on I’ve felt more and more shit about it all, do you put all your emotional eggs in the resale basket and hope for the best, getting tickets in the resale is the best feeling ever, but failing would be even worse than the main sale as there is no way back. Or do you make the decision to do something else and not have to live 6 months in purgatory.