Resale Club 2019

McCor

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Now I'd have thought a last minute way in would add to the excitement but can understand why it would be stressful!

Did you work it in the end?

I'm not sure I'm even going to try for a ticket in October.  I'll help mates out but I think I'll just work it again.  A whole week on the farm was pure bliss.

I ended up getting sorted out with a wristband through a mate which meant I didn't have to work, although this wasn't sorted until the Tuesday.  My mates had won tickets through the Guardian which was great but at the time I was still going to be working so plans changed very last minute as well live 250 miles apart.  In the build up I was stressing about shifts and if I could get their tents put up in our usual camping spot on the Wednesday morning.  Fortunately it all worked out ok with me getting general access to the festival but it certainly didn't help with the whole build up and last minute change of plans.  I was trying to make everything run smoothly for everyone and not enjoying the fact that I was actually going. 

15 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I ended up getting sorted out with a wristband through a mate which meant I didn't have to work, although this wasn't sorted until the Tuesday.  My mates had won tickets through the Guardian which was great but at the time I was still going to be working so plans changed very last minute as well live 250 miles apart.  In the build up I was stressing about shifts and if I could get their tents put up in our usual camping spot on the Wednesday morning.  Fortunately it all worked out ok with me getting general access to the festival but it certainly didn't help with the whole build up and last minute change of plans.  I was trying to make everything run smoothly for everyone and not enjoying the fact that I was actually going. 

It always works out right, somehow!

If it's any help for next year, I worked Oxfam in the end and my best mate worked FMS... with our other mates arriving on weds coaches.  We both went down and set up tents on Michaels Mead by the Pyramid on Wednesday as the others queued at the gates.

I worked Thurs AM, Friday night and Monday morning - didn't feel like I missed much and what I did miss I made up for on the Monday and Tuesday before gates opened.  Some quality parties and people in Block 9, Arcadia and Shangri-La's crew bars and a totally different experience.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

It always works out right, somehow!

If it's any help for next year, I worked Oxfam in the end and my best mate worked FMS... with our other mates arriving on weds coaches.  We both went down and set up tents on Michaels Mead by the Pyramid on Wednesday as the others queued at the gates.

I worked Thurs AM, Friday night and Monday morning - didn't feel like I missed much and what I did miss I made up for on the Monday and Tuesday before gates opened.  Some quality parties and people in Block 9, Arcadia and Shangri-La's crew bars and a totally different experience.

Michaels Mead is our usual camp spot as well, at the top of the hill near the fence, just in from the TV compound.

I was all set for working it with Oxfam and doing it differently, alone, and then my mate won a pair of tickets with the Guardian so the 3 of us that usually go were going in one capacity or another.  The chance of a general ticket was an offer I couldn't turn down as it meant we could all camp together but until I had said ticket in my hand, which I ended up getting on the Tuesday morning, I wasn't counting my chickens.

54 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Michaels Mead is our usual camp spot as well, at the top of the hill near the fence, just in from the TV compound.

I was all set for working it with Oxfam and doing it differently, alone, and then my mate won a pair of tickets with the Guardian so the 3 of us that usually go were going in one capacity or another.  The chance of a general ticket was an offer I couldn't turn down as it meant we could all camp together but until I had said ticket in my hand, which I ended up getting on the Tuesday morning, I wasn't counting my chickens.

Good job all of your chickens were present and correct!

Be interesting to know the percentage of success/failure rate of Efest Forum users. I feel the failure rate is quite low mainly due to most of us on here understanding the importance of being totally concentrated on TD. 

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

Be interesting to know the percentage of success/failure rate of Efest Forum users. I feel the failure rate is quite low mainly due to most of us on here understanding the importance of being totally concentrated on TD. 

I think the resale spreadsheet might cause a change of thought on this .. not much luck on that if memory serves me rightly ... although there was work and competition success prior to that 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think the resale spreadsheet might cause a change of thought on this .. not much luck on that if memory serves me rightly ... although there was work and competition success prior to that 

I meant overall, mainsale and resale. 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

The horror of that spreadsheet. I was so sure that sheet was going to help, how wrong I was!

Now this could be interesting. Husband is going to be in Prague for ticket day, which could be seen as giving us an international almost exotic twist to getting tickets. 

I have heard stories of people getting through on crap WiFi on holidays...

3 hours ago, tinaw said:

Now this could be interesting. Husband is going to be in Prague for ticket day, which could be seen as giving us an international almost exotic twist to getting tickets. 

There definitely don’t seem to be any issues getting from abroad I’ve seen many stories of success over the years ... although nobody who has taken the risk of trying from worthy farm ? That would be the ultimate success :) 

7 hours ago, tinaw said:

2015 (?) Resale I got 4 tickets on my Android tablet using hotel wifi from the bedroom in Budapest.  Most wifi these days is far more efficient than the booking process requires.

23 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I seam to remember that payment from abroad has to be by credit card , it would be worth checking first , it would be awful to get through and not have the correct payment ready and waiting 

nah debits fine as long as its uk registered I believe 

• 4 weeks later...