Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 hour ago, Peter_Quaife said:

It's a small world and getting smaller scorp! So close yet so far! Hope you stopped into the Rainbows End for a feed, love that place!

Hope you enjoyed The Franks! Played Glastonbury in 1994, be something if they got a slot next year! 

https://youtu.be/TPzEkY3G-Fc

Well i was there in '94, so maybe heard them then.

Ok.. so i'm going to give it another 24 hrs then, and only then, will i know there wont be a secret sale this year.

I mean i'll still be checking from time to time but i'll be reasonably confident there wont be a secret sale......

?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Ok.. so i'm going to give it another 24 hrs then, and only then, will i know there wont be a secret sale this year.

I mean i'll still be checking from time to time but i'll be reasonably confident there wont be a secret sale......

?

Hang in there. You never know. We might be in luck. 

Pic snapped at the tor on Sat night. Shows part of the fest site. The night was quite dark but my camera made it look more like daylight/dusk.  The Other Stage was visible - more so on someone's 30x zoom video camera - and the Chemical Brothers could be heard clearly.

glastonbury festival 29-60-2019 from the tor

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Would you like my wristbands , crew &hospitality 

for next year?? yeah i'd love them

Cheers mate!!

I wont ask if you had a good time. I think i already know the answer.

And welcome back.

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Don’t think you can get in with 2019 bands in 2020 , but hey , if you wanna give it a go lol.

if i dont get a ticket next time around i'm taking that 2019 band and gonna chance my arm!

Big Durbs that sounds like you had a brilliant time - how did you manage that level of blagging? Good on you and I’m so glad it was better than any expectations 

still working my notice in my current job - three weeks to go! 

I decided on Friday night “fuck it, I’m going down tomorrow” and was very lucky to secure (legitimate) entry to the festival on Sunday. Not much of a Twix story but I felt very happy and very, very lucky to be there.  

Fingers crossed we all get lucky in October! 

wow , so you managed to get in .. oh do tell how ????

I got a local ticket. Think the person felt sorry for the pregnant lady on her own with a toddler! So only went on the Sunday but better than nothing and felt very glad, and very lucky, to be there. 

Sounds like you had an amazing time @Big durbs

On 7/2/2019 at 4:18 PM, tinaw said:

Right come on then - let’s hear the full story from the resalers that made it...need to just how fantastic it was...

About 4 weeks out I managed to get jobs working in a restaurant in the interstage area for myself and my wife.

We got there Wednesday night and had a great night out with my family, who were there as punters. Then worked Thursday and had two staff AWOL for shift, they took the wristband and forfeited their tickets. As a result the manager asked my wife to call her friend, who taxied from Bristol to the festival to join us on Thursday evening and stay in our tent with us.

Long story short, the work was tough, hot and overall too long. I wouldn't be in a rush to do that job at the festival again, but faced with the choice of that or not going, I'd be signing on the dotted line again.

We had two nights where we went until sunrise and the others were 3-4am jobs. Highlight was our Saturday night, where we used the interstage cut through to do a Killers / Chems double header. We walked into the other front of stage to fireworks and Superstar Dj, which made us feel like rockstars. Then watched Fatboy at Arcadia from the viewing platform of the tow and hitch. 

Between waking up on Wednesday (I had to work before travelling later in the day) and bed on Monday was 133 hours. 

I slept for just 16 hours in that time, worked 8 at my real job and 32 at the festival, travelled home for 7 and up for 2. So that's 68 hours of parting time...

I'm a broken man, but it was so worth it. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Big durbs said:

We had a couple of meals there , great food, thank you for your hard work mate, it didn’t go un noticed. Glad you had a great glasto, till next year , 90 days till tickets on sale ,,,,,

I washed your plates! My wife seated you! Glad you enjoyed. Did you have the lobster by any chance?! 

I got a last min stewarding job with Oxfam on the friday before the festival..  couldn't recommend it more highly, it made my festival.. the Oxfam camp is fantastic, the people are lovely, I lucked out with the shift pattern and got 2 shifts out of the way before friday and i was just so grateful to be there that it made everything seem even more amazing than usual.  I really enjoyed being part of the festival and giving something back.  The overnight shift did wipe me out, I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours after it as it was so hot in my tent so that took my energy levels down a bit but I still had an amazing time.  probably my favourite year out of the 15 I've been to.

lobster !!! wow , sounds like a very different catering , i have Nachos lol

Yeah, we did a seafood platter with lobster, crevettes, prawns and smoked salmon for £60. We were also doing rib-eye steaks for £25. We also had glass bottles of wine and champagne. Exclusive... and not the festival vibe I was feeling. 

Not the sort of food I’d be buying at a festival...!  But I did get to eat a lot of it as I was working in the kitchen, so ate virtually for free all weekend. 

However, the thing I enjoyed eating most was cheesy chips at Cineramageddon!!! 

Edited by blutarsky

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, Emily Frazier said:

I swear this has been the worst year ever, too many tears! ?...Couple of times in the past relied on the resale but the resale gods were always good to me!  What a year!.... I'll be keeping my eyes peeled but If anyone hears of any other opportunities at Glastonbury hit me up....?

Arrrgghhhh .. you made it in the end :)

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I have just read , the festival has been granted another 7000 to the license:-) 

This is great news! Do you know if the figure includes stewards/workers though or is it just punters? Also wondering if they’ll need to expand the site somehow to fit this many people in? ? 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:56 AM, Pipine said:

I got a last min stewarding job with Oxfam on the friday before the festival..  couldn't recommend it more highly, it made my festival.. the Oxfam camp is fantastic, the people are lovely, I lucked out with the shift pattern and got 2 shifts out of the way before friday and i was just so grateful to be there that it made everything seem even more amazing than usual.  I really enjoyed being part of the festival and giving something back.  The overnight shift did wipe me out, I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours after it as it was so hot in my tent so that took my energy levels down a bit but I still had an amazing time.  probably my favourite year out of the 15 I've been to.

Glad you made it! Sounds like you had a blast!

hopefully that will absorb any extras trying for the 50th ... and make it no harder for tday ... should I would hope for the coachies make things easier though ... 7000 is a decent number , alas I won't be a coach traveller ... but helping others that will be should free them up to help us :)