Resale Club 2019

McCor

yes seen a lot of posts this morning saying the same... it may be an organised group on the rob but I really hope not.

I didn't use the lockups as everything of importance was on me. I hid a spare van key underneath the van itself if I lost them and left another card also in my hidey spot in the vehicle. 

I slept with my bumbag in my sleeping bag and if they took my clothes then they obviously had more need than I 

As I'm alone I never had vast quantities of alcohol on me as I couldn't carry it . 

I'm actually surprised at what has been taken from some and why on earth did they bring such items of high value and why wasn't it in the secure lock ups ..

Hope it's just a few isolated incidents 

Right, I don't think I can hack this Glasto FOMO for the next 4 fecking days! I'm gonna bin off work tomorrow and head down tonight. 

I am only an hour away anyway, so worst case scenario I drive home having being unsuccessful, but at least I can say I tried! 

I have mates camped just off the forest area near John Peel.. This gives me an instantly available hideout should the unthinkable happen and I somehow manage to blag my way in.. With this in mind I think the most Northern Part of the site (near the actual farm) is going to be the most logical point of attack.. 

My plan is to at first try some of the local pubs, keep my ears open for anyone offering a way in to the site... If that fails (and lets be honest, it probably will!) I am going to head to Red gate at the North of the site and suss it out.. Just a wonder past to start with to see how the land lies.. If I think it is under manned I am tempted to just absolutely boot it at the gate and see if I can break through! 

If (as I suspect will be the case) charging the gate is completely out of the question then it will be a case of going to ground, waiting for the cover of darkness and then trying to find any weak points along the perimeter.. 

I know it is a bit of a crazy plan and I know it probably won't work! But the last time I was unable to get a ticket was 2015 and I have regretted every day since not at least trying to get in! Don't want to have the same regrets about this year. 

If there is anyone else out there as stupid as me and fancies a challenge then I am more than happy to meet up somewhere and attack this together. 

Let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Right, I don't think I can hack this Glasto FOMO for the next 4 fecking days! I'm gonna bin off work tomorrow and head down tonight. 

I am only an hour away anyway, so worst case scenario I drive home having being unsuccessful, but at least I can say I tried! 

I have mates camped just off the forest area near John Peel.. This gives me an instantly available hideout should the unthinkable happen and I somehow manage to blag my way in.. With this in mind I think the most Northern Part of the site (near the actual farm) is going to be the most logical point of attack.. 

My plan is to at first try some of the local pubs, keep my ears open for anyone offering a way in to the site... If that fails (and lets be honest, it probably will!) I am going to head to Red gate at the North of the site and suss it out.. Just a wonder past to start with to see how the land lies.. If I think it is under manned I am tempted to just absolutely boot it at the gate and see if I can break through! 

If (as I suspect will be the case) charging the gate is completely out of the question then it will be a case of going to ground, waiting for the cover of darkness and then trying to find any weak points along the perimeter.. 

I know it is a bit of a crazy plan and I know it probably won't work! But the last time I was unable to get a ticket was 2015 and I have regretted every day since not at least trying to get in! Don't want to have the same regrets about this year. 

If there is anyone else out there as stupid as me and fancies a challenge then I am more than happy to meet up somewhere and attack this together. 

Let me know. 

Get a grappling hook........and a twix obv

33 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Let me know. 

15 years ago and without the baggage of life I’d be with you. I wish you all the best and let us know how you get on!

3 minutes ago, hillwalker said:

15 years ago and without the baggage of life I’d be with you. I wish you all the best and let us know how you get on!

First he needs to park his car quite locally. Major problem with that. 

True. I don’t really know what I’d do. Probably drive to Glastonbury town. Get a cab a bit closer then hit the fields under darkness. I guess the perimeter is crawling with security though. I’ve always fancied the wooded area in the south / south west.  Ladder would be an issue though. 

44 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Let me know. 

I'm not quite ready to go the Twix route, but keep us posted.

I'm genuinely considering getting the train down to Castle Cary from Manchester on Saturday morning and trying my luck. I'm the only one from a group of about 20 not at the festival, as the other members of my ticket group were a couple that have decided to go on holiday and so i'm now concerned that the fomo might actually kill me.

15 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Great post, and I'm perhaps a slightly unwelcome visitor in this thread in that I do have a ticket, but I'm not at the festival.  

Nastily broke my foot about a month or six weeks ago, and it's still bad to the point where I'm on two crutches, not really supposed to be doing anything.  Worked from home since it happened.  

So now my wife, parents, brother and mates are at the festival and they've been great with texting me today, doing the things we normally do on Wednesday, such as 'iconic first cider' at Worthy View, then a nip to the Tiny Tea Tent... and now the fireworks.. etc.

I'm going to bust my backside to get to the festival on Saturday for a night (staying with parents in the camper fields as I can't make WV with my wife) and just plonk myself somewhere on a chair when normally I love to dart around green fields, Park, West Holts.  Something is better than nothing.

So a shout out to us all here who would rather be there... ❤️

Go for it! My friend went with a broken leg in 2011, he hired an electric wheelchair and was able to charge it at the disabled camping (despite not being registered as disabled).

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Thieves are at work at the fest. From facebook [Glasto Chat]... 

"I've woken up from the best first day and I've been robbed overnight. My money, bank card, house key all gone"

Another comment: "So has my son, all his clothes, ticket and money"

Another: "Girlfriend has just confirmed someone breaking into our tent whilst we slept."

And: "This happened to me last year. They took my £400 Vango tent, my really good quality trolley (it’s first outing,) my funky shirts and my well loved Persian rug."  

Ugh, is pisses me off SO MUCH that some arseholes were lucky on ticket day when there are so many lovely people on here without tickets. Grrrrr!!!

51 minutes ago, scorp said:

First he needs to park his car quite locally. Major problem with that. 

No problem for me that one thankfully. 

There is a council estate just on the outskirts of the site (Oakhill Cottages) that my company do plenty of work in on a frequent basis.. So my car is often seen there and having checked, there are no new special parking restrictions given the festival being on.. 

It is towards the north of the site as well, so even more perfect for me. 

4 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

No problem for me that one thankfully. 

There is a council estate just on the outskirts of the site (Oakhill Cottages) that my company do plenty of work in on a frequent basis.. So my car is often seen there and having checked, there are no new special parking restrictions given the festival being on.. 

It is towards the north of the site as well, so even more perfect for me. 

Good luck. Where there's a will there might be a way to enter the festival of thieves and non thieves. A friend had stuff nicked from her tent over night. Plenty of other thefts going on.

10 minutes ago, scorp said:

Good luck. Where there's a will there might be a way to enter the festival of thieves and non thieves. A friend had stuff nicked from her tent over night. Plenty of other thefts going on.

i know there are always a few thefts, but reading this forum & facebook, it seems pretty bad this year, just a shame people like that have managed to get tickets while were at home/work

Edited by prestonmike

3 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

i know there are always a few thefts, but reading this forum & facebook, it seems pretty bad this year, just a shame people like that have managed to get tickets while were at home/work

Might even have got in as crew/volunteers etc, or with the new age lot.  In 2017 security guards had stuff nicked from a fellow guard ... in their own compound, ffs. 

Edited by scorp

My heart is breaking for you guys, next year you WILL be there! Until then I will have a drink raised for you all, you may not be here in person but you are here in spirit, here’s to you Glastonbury family! Next year we can all get spangled on the farm together x 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The sooner the festival can get to fully Apple Pay (or equivalent) the better. No need to take cash then, and whilst you have a phone it’s one less item to worry about.

The fact people feel the needs to do this makes me so angry but sadly I’m not surprised by what some people do.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:14 PM, Blueberry said:

I’ve been to 10 Glastonburys and my husband has been to 18 but we didn’t manage to get tickets this year. I had a volunteer position but I had to give it up as I’m too pregnant to volunteer safely. Glastonbury means a lot to me (my husband and I even got engaged there) but it means a lot to a lot of people. If me not getting a ticket this year means some young person has got to go for the first time, and Glastonbury becomes something meaningful to them too, then that’s a good thing. 

Enjoy your alternative weekends everyone.

PS I’m not watching the coverage and trying to convince myself that sleeping in a tent with a 3 year old in this heat would be naff.

I've just met a few first timers. They fucking love it

4 minutes ago, belle365 said:

Anyone else not accepted they are not going yet? Someone on my Twitter feed has just managed to get a vip ticket!

i think it will be Saturday afternoon before I accept it definitely isn’t happening ?

I'm still very much on standby...

Not many tickets popping up on twitter etc today though.