Resale Club 2019

McCor

6 minutes ago, Stone_Love said:

Yeah I'd train it as i live just outside Birmingham.

So far I'm thinking about pre booking a taxi and going straight to Bristol train station from Worthy Farm.

Might cost me about £50 but would save alot of hassle. 

First, you'll need a ticket!!!!! For the fest, not the train, lol

1 hour ago, scorp said:

There is a cheap dedicated coach service that goes to and from the site quite a lot during the days and half the nights. From the site means ... to Glastonbury town centre, where you could catch a bus to wherever.   Would you need a train? If so, getting to Castle Carey might be key. Or to Bristol by bus from Glastonbury town centre. 

You have 12 months to learn! You can do it!

9 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Prob too late to organise properly for this year but just had a great idea to connect the 'Missing' with the Festival in some small way by asking those who are there to do small things for you....and provide photo evidence of it.

For instance....MrsP and I always go to Tiny Tea Tent late Sunday evening and have chai tea with a rum shot in it.  We sit by the fire, reminisce over the highs and lows of the weekend, tell each other we love each other and that we'll be back next year.  We then go home on Monday smelling of woodsmoke and oddly it's very comforting.  Daft, but it's just a little thing we do.

There must be loads of rituals that we all do that in our absence someone else could do for us, and make us feel a little connected.

If anyone there this year could do the Tiny Tea Tent thing for me I'd be really grateful ?

This actually gave me a lump in my throat, saddo that I am. Me and my glastobuddy have a routine that include bbq on Wednesday evening, followed by a bimble round the site  then sitting round the fire with a Scottish or Caribbean coffee. We camp in virtually the same spot ever year in Bailey's and am missing it so much.  Someone needs to have a strawberry daiquiri for us in the Rocket Lounge on Thursday too......

6 hours ago, Larraht said:

This is the first year that I have tried and not got tickets for. Sale, re-sale, competitions...nothing. Can't stop looking at the time and thinking 'I should be in the queue/putting up my tent/drinking cider right now'. Anyway, I've decided to call it a half day at work to come home and sulk.

If I don't get tickets next year, I am working it. I'm not sitting around at home like this again. Apparently a friend has a contact where I could do welfare...we'll see.

Already strategising for 2020 too, can't face 3 years without Glastonbury.....

59 minutes ago, Levitz said:

This actually gave me a lump in my throat, saddo that I am. Me and my glastobuddy have a routine that include bbq on Wednesday evening, followed by a bimble round the site  then sitting round the fire with a Scottish or Caribbean coffee. We camp in virtually the same spot ever year in Bailey's and am missing it so much.  Someone needs to have a strawberry daiquiri for us in the Rocket Lounge on Thursday too......

Already strategising for 2020 too, can't face 3 years without Glastonbury.....

I've found myself googling how to get into welfare type positions at festival for the last hour - I'm a qualified social work with mental health experience so would love to volunteer with samaritians or festival medical services. In fact, I've just emailed samaritans to register interest. I've been burnt by ticket day now and can't leave tickets to fate any more! 

11 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Prob too late to organise properly for this year but just had a great idea to connect the 'Missing' with the Festival in some small way by asking those who are there to do small things for you....and provide photo evidence of it.

For instance....MrsP and I always go to Tiny Tea Tent late Sunday evening and have chai tea with a rum shot in it.  We sit by the fire, reminisce over the highs and lows of the weekend, tell each other we love each other and that we'll be back next year.  We then go home on Monday smelling of woodsmoke and oddly it's very comforting.  Daft, but it's just a little thing we do.

There must be loads of rituals that we all do that in our absence someone else could do for us, and make us feel a little connected.

If anyone there this year could do the Tiny Tea Tent thing for me I'd be really grateful ?

Great post, and I'm perhaps a slightly unwelcome visitor in this thread in that I do have a ticket, but I'm not at the festival.  

Nastily broke my foot about a month or six weeks ago, and it's still bad to the point where I'm on two crutches, not really supposed to be doing anything.  Worked from home since it happened.  

So now my wife, parents, brother and mates are at the festival and they've been great with texting me today, doing the things we normally do on Wednesday, such as 'iconic first cider' at Worthy View, then a nip to the Tiny Tea Tent... and now the fireworks.. etc.

I'm going to bust my backside to get to the festival on Saturday for a night (staying with parents in the camper fields as I can't make WV with my wife) and just plonk myself somewhere on a chair when normally I love to dart around green fields, Park, West Holts.  Something is better than nothing.

So a shout out to us all here who would rather be there... ❤️

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Brilliant, cheers for the heads up 

Here ya go - info re this year's event in November. Best to get a ticket when they come out, cuz they sell out.     https://www.officialkinksfanclub.co.uk/category/news/   I wonder if they're on sale already. Looks like it.  You could email Bill Orton and ask billorton@officialkinksfanclub.co.uk

Edited by scorp
  • Upvote 1

First one I’ve missed for 18 years, didn’t even try for a ticket this time for various reasons. I’d convinced myself that it was fine as none of my friends go anymore and although I had a great time in 2017 going alone I still found it difficult at points. I’d managed to stay away from here all year but somehow have ended up back in the last few days and am now really regretting my decision. 

• Like 1

Oof, had a message off someone, "We're here, fancy meeting up?"...

That was tough.

Part of me wants to ditch everything, go down to Glastonbury town with someone from here, and see what happens.

Edited by Simpo

12 minutes ago, fur_q said:

First one I’ve missed for 18 years, didn’t even try for a ticket this time for various reasons. I’d convinced myself that it was fine as none of my friends go anymore and although I had a great time in 2017 going alone I still found it difficult at points. I’d managed to stay away from here all year but somehow have ended up back in the last few days and am now really regretting my decision. 

First one i've missed for 29 years. Oh well, i had a good run ... and October beckons, as do legal attempts to get in this year.  

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

That was tough.

Part of me wants to ditch everything, go down to Glastonbury town with someone from here, and see what happens.

I'm literally in the same boat. Thinking of just going down and seeing what the crack is.

11 hours ago, Simpo said:

That was tough.

Anybody going to Glastonbury town ... the Rifleman's Arms should have live music on Sat night. Don't know about other pubs in the town. 

Thieves are at work at the fest. From facebook [Glasto Chat]... 

"I've woken up from the best first day and I've been robbed overnight. My money, bank card, house key all gone"

Another comment: "So has my son, all his clothes, ticket and money"

Another: "Girlfriend has just confirmed someone breaking into our tent whilst we slept."

And: "This happened to me last year. They took my £400 Vango tent, my really good quality trolley (it’s first outing,) my funky shirts and my well loved Persian rug."  
Edited by scorp

1 minute ago, scorp said:

Thieves are at work at the fest. From facebook [Glasto Chat]... 

I've woken up from the best first day and I've been robbed overnight. My money, bank card, house key all gone

The horrific thought that one of these scumbags got my ticket......