Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 minute ago, Larraht said:

This is the first year that I have tried and not got tickets for. Sale, re-sale, competitions...nothing. Can't stop looking at the time and thinking 'I should be in the queue/putting up my tent/drinking cider right now'. Anyway, I've decided to call it a half day at work to come home and sulk.

If I don't get tickets next year, I am working it. I'm not sitting around at home like this again. Apparently a friend has a contact where I could do welfare...we'll see.

Loads of jobs if you plan ahead. I might try for any last minute ones, any time now.  

I'm off to glasto the town tomo; staying with a friend. If there are no last minute jobs for the fest, there's live music in the pubs on Sat night. And the town is as batshit crazy as the fest.  For the desperate among you, there's good camping close to the town centre. Go and enjoy the town and its pubs & etc [e.g. the tor, whacky shops and interesting cafes, the town "square" and live music. 

Edited by scorp

5 minutes ago, Amii said:

Well this is miserable isn't it. First year since 2009 that I've missed a Glasto. I feel absolutely hollow!

First since 2002 for me. Feels strange despite the fact that I could have got a ticket with my group. Not going as its daughters 1st birthday on Friday!

2 minutes ago, Stone_Love said:

First since 2002 for me. Feels strange despite the fact that I could have got a ticket with my group. Not going as its daughters 1st birthday on Friday!

We will survive. Roll on October and, in parallel, forward planning for work in 2020.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Keep trying.....friend just posted a ticket on FB working with the Love the Farm team available....went in seconds though.

Hmm, how to find that? I'm getting various pages but not a love the farm team or anything similar. 

7 minutes ago, scorp said:

Hmm, how to find that? I'm getting various pages but not a love the farm team or anything similar. 

Not sure...she is there with local council team and just posted it in her FB feed looking for 1 person.  I'm a bit miffed she didn't get straight onto me tbh but hey ho.....

13 minutes ago, scorp said:

We will survive. Roll on October and, in parallel, forward planning for work in 2020.

My daughters birthday will fall on the Sunday next year so I'm looking at going Wednesday and leaving Saturday evening.

I dont drive so I'm looking at ways I can leave the farm on Saturday PM by public transport 

2 minutes ago, Stone_Love said:

My daughters birthday will fall on the Sunday next year so I'm looking at going Wednesday and leaving Saturday evening.

I dont drive so I'm looking at ways I can leave the farm on Saturday PM by public transport 

There is a cheap dedicated coach service that goes to and from the site quite a lot during the days and half the nights. From the site means ... to Glastonbury town centre, where you could catch a bus to wherever.   Would you need a train? If so, getting to Castle Carey might be key. Or to Bristol by bus from Glastonbury town centre. 

13 minutes ago, Stone_Love said:

bad planning there dude, always wear protection 9 months before Glasto!

I'm not doing this next year!! Going to go down the volunteer route early as possible if i'm not successful in October. 

If i had a volunteer space then got a ticket in the resale would i lose the deposit for the volunteer space? 

I'm on a flight home the Sunday of the general sale this year due to land at 7am, will be driving home from the airport at 9am so will be releying on others in my group again ☹️

3 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Ah jeez, the morning after Indie Daze in the 02 Forum !! Yikers

Ah, Pete Quaife. The Kinks. Saw the Kinks twice - once when headlining Glasto [the Sat night, 1993] but Pete wasn't in the band then.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, scorp said:

Ah, Pete Quaife. The Kinks. Saw the Kinks twice - once when headlining Glasto [the Sat night, 1993] but Pete wasn't in the band then.  

I'd say that was something! I've caught Ray Davies a few times with Bill on guitar, wonderful

6 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

I'd say that was something! I've caught Ray Davies a few times with Bill on guitar, wonderful

A fantastic night. Warm, no rain,  excellent vibe in the Pyramid Field. btw Ray usually makes an appearance at the Kast Off Kinks' 3 - 4 hours gig in London every November.

44 minutes ago, scorp said:

There is a cheap dedicated coach service that goes to and from the site quite a lot during the days and half the nights. From the site means ... to Glastonbury town centre, where you could catch a bus to wherever.   Would you need a train? If so, getting to Castle Carey might be key. Or to Bristol by bus from Glastonbury town centre. 

Yeah I'd train it as i live just outside Birmingham.

So far I'm thinking about pre booking a taxi and going straight to Bristol train station from Worthy Farm.

Might cost me about £50 but would save alot of hassle.