Resale Club 2019

McCor

Yep. Still gutted here, made way worse by the knowledge that it’s only a few days away now. 

I’m still so pleased in the knowledge that Big Durbs, Dibble and Ozane etc got there - that makes me very happy. 

2020 will be our year 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Yep. Still gutted here, made way worse by the knowledge that it’s only a few days away now. 

I’m still so pleased in the knowledge that Big Durbs, Dibble and Ozane etc got there - that makes me very happy. 

2020 will be our year 

Thank you, I realise I am so lucky and will not be taking the next few days for granted. I wish you could all be here.

I forever will be a Resaler!

• Upvote 2

ditto everyone, didn't think I'd be too bothered but now it's upon us I'm feeling pretty sad too 

Have an awesome time , stay safe and stay out of the mid day sun and all that boring stuff.

I will be watching on the TV , probably trying to see if I can see my youngest within the melee . She and her partner got tickets.... yet again !!!

I'm off to Ramblin Man this year as a first so do have something to look forward to 

Absolutely gutting. Little story to share. 

It's the first time since my first going in 2009 that I've not managed to get a ticket. Amazingly me and my friends who go every year had always all managed to get in some how. And like everyone here, Glastonbury is everything to me and my friends. I've got a Glastonbury tattoo, we block out every year, the whole lot. However sadly, this year from our group of 11, my sister, girlfriend and I were the only 3 who didn't manage to get tickets

Never been in this situation myself before, but in the past some of my friends had managed last minute passes or getting in with hospitality tickets through connections in the music industry. I tried to see if I could get one of my band's on one of the stages but was unsuccessful and too late to apply for hospitality tickets. So I just put it out on social media that I was after Glasto tickets and if anyone had any connections to tickets or tips, please get in touch. 

About a month ago someone very nice got in touch via email saying they had access to corporate Glastonbury tickets through their work. They claimed to have already sorted themselves and their friends out but had some spare tickets - they had looked on twitter, seen my call and decided to help. Too good to be true I thought? We exchanged several emails and then eventually a phone call. This guy calls me up and we have this lovely phone conversation for 30 minutes about Glastonbury, trying to get tickets to events and normal chat about the football. He convinces me that his company have a partnership with seetickets that mean they get offered at certain amount of tickets to events such as the FA Cup and play off finals, Wimbledon, Cricket World cup and Glastonbury. He says he can sort us out with tickets at face value but only if we are registered as it will go through seetickets' system. The way he was on the phone, responding to all the obvious worries and scepticism was so coherent and convincing, he had me believing it must be real. 

For reassurance this guy offers me a deal that I can just send a small deposit for each ticket and then pay off the rest when the tickets arrive and are in my hands. I'm thinking it's a risk but we've lost out on the competitions and the secret resale it's looking bleak, let's take the risk it's only £50 a ticket. 

So we send the money over and the chap stays in contact every couple of days telling me he's just waiting for seetickets to get back to him with confirmation that it's all being processed but there are problems because they are so behind in getting the tickets out. This works perfectly with what was going on at that time, as seetickets were massively late this year in sending out everyone's tickets. He sends more reassuring messages about how we can have a beer at the festival together when we get there and that it's all gonna be great and all the rest of it. You think to yourself, well he has my money, so why would he carry on with this whole skit if it isn't real? Only an absolute d**khead would do that right? 

Anyway it's last week and i'm still trying get some proof from this guy actually has the tickets. He tells me seetickets have sent them out, should be with him Friday but the dispatch email hasn't come through yet. But he's happy to meet up and meet on Saturday in Leeds where my band were playing a gig. (context i'm from Essex - he was from Sunderland). With no confirmation email still sent through I turn to ringing him but he manages to avoid the call but keep texting back with messages like 'sorry mate at work, will give you call back' and 'just out at the moment will send the deposit email when i get back in'. 

It get's to Saturday no phone call answer but he is texting messages saying 'on his way' and 'will be arriving in the next hour' before he sends a message saying his 'phone is running out of battery and that he will get in touch on his friends phone from now on'. We wait all night but he never shows up and when we ring his phone goes straight to answer phone. He could have taken the deposit money weeks ago and instead chose to run with the story and string us along for as long as he could. 

I feel embarrassed and ashamed that I let myself so foolishly get stupidly conned.  I know many of you will read this and think 'what an idiot it was obviously always fake' but I feel it's an important story to share.

When you are feeling desperate and vulnerable and using great forums such as efestivals, discussing getting into a festival as open minded and as positive as Glastonbury, you never imagine that someone would take you for that sort of ride. You believe everyone to do with Glastonbury is going to be as supportive and helpful as they are on here. You think, after all what would you do if you had spare tickets to share with others!? You'd help people out. 

We didn't get in touch with seetickets until it was too late, after all how many times do we read that seetickets 'lie' about there not being a secret resale? They would probably deny the whole thing and it might be more trouble that it's worth. And with seetickets being perfectly positioned to blame for slow ticket dispatch, they almost became the villain's in the whole story. It was an obvious and stupid mistake to not contact them sooner. 

It's my first year as a Glastonbury Resale club member and it's ended really quite badly haha. But I just thought it might help other people in the future to be more careful when contacted by someone who is seemingly very nice and helpful, even when you speak to them on the phone, that they can turn out be quite so disgustingly horrible.  

He even had the cheek to text me this morning to say 'sorry his phone out of battery at the weekend he's back home now and he'll try to call to sort the tickets out later.' What a nob'ead. 

Lesson learnt and I hope this helps other's stay more savy in the future 

Wx 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GlastoDrums said:

Absolutely gutting. Little story to share. 

It's the first time since my first going in 2009 that I've not managed to get a ticket. Amazingly me and my friends who go every year had always all managed to get in some how. And like everyone here, Glastonbury is everything to me and my friends. I've got a Glastonbury tattoo, we block out every year, the whole lot. However sadly, this year from our group of 11, my sister, girlfriend and I were the only 3 who didn't manage to get tickets

Never been in this situation myself before, but in the past some of my friends had managed last minute passes or getting in with hospitality tickets through connections in the music industry. I tried to see if I could get one of my band's on one of the stages but was unsuccessful and too late to apply for hospitality tickets. So I just put it out on social media that I was after Glasto tickets and if anyone had any connections to tickets or tips, please get in touch. 

About a month ago someone very nice got in touch via email saying they had access to corporate Glastonbury tickets through their work. They claimed to have already sorted themselves and their friends out but had some spare tickets - they had looked on twitter, seen my call and decided to help. Too good to be true I thought? We exchanged several emails and then eventually a phone call. This guy calls me up and we have this lovely phone conversation for 30 minutes about Glastonbury, trying to get tickets to events and normal chat about the football. He convinces me that his company have a partnership with seetickets that mean they get offered at certain amount of tickets to events such as the FA Cup and play off finals, Wimbledon, Cricket World cup and Glastonbury. He says he can sort us out with tickets at face value but only if we are registered as it will go through seetickets' system. The way he was on the phone, responding to all the obvious worries and scepticism was so coherent and convincing, he had me believing it must be real. 

For reassurance this guy offers me a deal that I can just send a small deposit for each ticket and then pay off the rest when the tickets arrive and are in my hands. I'm thinking it's a risk but we've lost out on the competitions and the secret resale it's looking bleak, let's take the risk it's only £50 a ticket. 

So we send the money over and the chap stays in contact every couple of days telling me he's just waiting for seetickets to get back to him with confirmation that it's all being processed but there are problems because they are so behind in getting the tickets out. This works perfectly with what was going on at that time, as seetickets were massively late this year in sending out everyone's tickets. He sends more reassuring messages about how we can have a beer at the festival together when we get there and that it's all gonna be great and all the rest of it. You think to yourself, well he has my money, so why would he carry on with this whole skit if it isn't real? Only an absolute d**khead would do that right? 

Anyway it's last week and i'm still trying get some proof from this guy actually has the tickets. He tells me seetickets have sent them out, should be with him Friday but the dispatch email hasn't come through yet. But he's happy to meet up and meet on Saturday in Leeds where my band were playing a gig. (context i'm from Essex - he was from Sunderland). With no confirmation email still sent through I turn to ringing him but he manages to avoid the call but keep texting back with messages like 'sorry mate at work, will give you call back' and 'just out at the moment will send the deposit email when i get back in'. 

It get's to Saturday no phone call answer but he is texting messages saying 'on his way' and 'will be arriving in the next hour' before he sends a message saying his 'phone is running out of battery and that he will get in touch on his friends phone from now on'. We wait all night but he never shows up and when we ring his phone goes straight to answer phone. He could have taken the deposit money weeks ago and instead chose to run with the story and string us along for as long as he could. 

I feel embarrassed and ashamed that I let myself so foolishly get stupidly conned.  I know many of you will read this and think 'what an idiot it was obviously always fake' but I feel it's an important story to share.

When you are feeling desperate and vulnerable and using great forums such as efestivals, discussing getting into a festival as open minded and as positive as Glastonbury, you never imagine that someone would take you for that sort of ride. You believe everyone to do with Glastonbury is going to be as supportive and helpful as they are on here. You think, after all what would you do if you had spare tickets to share with others!? You'd help people out. 

We didn't get in touch with seetickets until it was too late, after all how many times do we read that seetickets 'lie' about there not being a secret resale? They would probably deny the whole thing and it might be more trouble that it's worth. And with seetickets being perfectly positioned to blame for slow ticket dispatch, they almost became the villain's in the whole story. It was an obvious and stupid mistake to not contact them sooner. 

It's my first year as a Glastonbury Resale club member and it's ended really quite badly haha. But I just thought it might help other people in the future to be more careful when contacted by someone who is seemingly very nice and helpful, even when you speak to them on the phone, that they can turn out be quite so disgustingly horrible.  

He even had the cheek to text me this morning to say 'sorry his phone out of battery at the weekend he's back home now and he'll try to call to sort the tickets out later.' What a nob'ead. 

Lesson learnt and I hope this helps other's stay more savy in the future 

Wx 

What an absolute bellend.....don't beat yourself up though...there are a LOT of folks on here who would readily take the risk for £50.  Unfortunately that's probably why he's now got himself a tidy bundle of cash.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I am now going on a crew ticket so mine is going to waste . 

It's about time GFL sorted an official returns system past the April deadline....I'll wager there are loads of tickets going begging right up until the gates open due to unforseen circumstances.

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It's about time GFL sorted an official returns system past the April deadline....I'll wager there are loads of tickets going begging right up until the gates open due to unforseen circumstances.

I agree, SeeTickets could set-up some official type of system where if you can trade your ticket to someone if you no longer want it at face value.

• Upvote 1

Yep, feeling pretty miserable now. Been every year since 2004 but haven't managed to get a ticket to the last two years now and typically it's the dry ones! 

Signed up to checkpage having got them before for people using another checker and then these two years are the ones there's no secret resale. Done all the competitions and nothing. 

I hope everyone has a good time but I'll be really glad when it's over. I'll watch some on telly I suppose and then back to trying again in October.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:22 PM, tinaw said:

2020 will be our year 

Thank you, means a lot! The community on here has been amazing since we all failed in both October and April. People could have become bitter towards the people who got tickets etc but it’s been the exact opposite.

Hopefully we’ll all be able to share a drink at 2020 festival :) 

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Upvote 1

Yes deffo kicking in on a downer now. Should be packing up my stuff for an early leave tomorrow. It will be the first one I have missed since 1993 I suppose the run has to end at some point. 

Been on here reading the stories, great to see people bagging spots late on. I will not be watching just going to as many gigs as possible to get through it. To those who bagged spaces have a boss one, to all others good luck in October.

Thanks for the support great to know I'm not the only one who feels what I do about the Festival. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, loveisanumber said:

I’ve just kept the week off. Mainly because I haven’t fully accepted not being there! 

So have I ?

All my family and a few friends have gone and I'm one of only three who didn't get tickets for this year. 

Haven't been bothered upto now but I'm actually gutted. 

My facebook, twitter and instagram feeds are full of Glastonbury right now, dont think i can handle another week of this, will need to switch off the internat and hide under a rock for the next few days, trying to pretend to myself its just another fallow year and i will be back next time around