Resale Club 2019

McCor

32 minutes ago, UEF said:

Just realised Checkpage doesn't auto-renew - when your month is up, that's it and it goes silent, no warning!

Looks like I haven't missed anything though :(

I just went and checked and the same happened to me!! Thanks for your post or I wouldn't have been any the wiser either!

1 hour ago, UEF said:

Just realised Checkpage doesn't auto-renew - when your month is up, that's it and it goes silent, no warning!

Looks like I haven't missed anything though :(

Just renewed mine, didn’t realise either

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve been ready with my details at work all day, luckily work are invested in this with me. They’ve been mocking my positive thinking but generally would be chuffed if I got tickets.

Haha tried explaining it to my work colleagues.. they were up for it but also thought I was mad! They'll realise how mad I really am when (PMA!!) I get tickets !

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve been ready with my details at work all day, luckily work are invested in this with me. They’ve been mocking my positive thinking but generally would be chuffed if I got tickets.

This was me in 2016. When I won tickets I joked when I left on the Friday I’d win them through the radio over the weekend and my boss said I had to bake a cake if I did to get the holiday. Strolled I’m on the Monday with a cake. His face was priceless. Gave me the holiday (It was the week of the festival)

Edited by Lucy92
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

This was me in 2016. When I won tickets I joked when I left on the Friday I’d win them through the radio over the weekend and my boss said I had to bake a cake if I did to get the holiday. Strolled I’m on the Monday with a cake. His face was priceless. Gave me the holiday (It was the week of the festival)

What a moment that was, you were crying on Radio 1, and the  secret resale group was crying tears of happiness with you! :D

I'm now hearing/reading some awful rumours regarding The Black Keys and Foals rocking up and playing secret sets this year.

I was due to see the Black Keys about 6 years ago but the tour was scrapped because the drummer broke his collar bone/arm. Haven't had the chance to see them as yet.

First saw Foals back in 2011, playing at some converted gymnasium in Portsmouth, to an audience of about 150 and have been an avid follower ever since.

I now feel sick.. I hope the rumours are merely just rumours.

17 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

I actually remember when you won! I was walking along the downs and had downloaded a radio app just so I could listen!

@Ozanne

I don't know if this appeals at all, it's 5 x 12hr shifts, paid and they 100% have vacancies as have just spoken to her:

Description

I am currently recruiting on behalf of a well established Security company in London that are looking for 20 - 30 Event Stewards for the Glastonbury Festival this year.
The role will involve,
- Helping with crowd control
- Ticket checking
- Directing festival goers
- General Guidance to the public
- Providing outstanding customer service,
As well as seeing some of the biggest music acts in the world like, Miley Cyrus, Stormzy, The killers etc, you will also have your travel paid for and 2 meals,
The only requirement you need is to bring your own tent.

3 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Hold on Thea, I thought you'd bailed out his year, new job?

Hahaha!!! I thought I'd bailed out... but that lasted about 6 hours in honestly. Hubby is furious with me. I came to terms with not going but really couldn't let go. I'm on every volunteer waiting list and applied for so many jobs. I even wrote to Lizzo to ask her if I could clean her flute between songs.. (I'm a flute repairer).. No response yet, hahaha...

I think this job might a bit much for me, but thought others might be interested. Still holding out for comps though ;)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Got a couple of Oxfam spaces about 20 minutes ago.  Might still be open !!  Go go go go go !!

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Just got one! I’ve been solidly trying for soooooo long without any luck!!!! OMG ahahha I’m so excited 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2