Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 minutes ago, franathy said:

Next year I'm just going to get onto the volunteering early, still try for tickets but at least it won't be so stressful. I have thought about going down the hospitality route before but I don't think I could do it, I just think what if it ended up being really muddy and/or rainy and I'm there thinking I could have had a luxury month (or two) in Thailand for the same money. I have done the wristband sneaky thing once and another time used someone else's ticket; both are definitely doable but I don't fancy doing it again now I'm that bit older. 

Thinking of doing the same myself to be honest. Might get on the volunteer list as early as possible and then try get general admission. I have no problem volunteering but haven't pulled the trigger in previous years - silly me!

I would do a hospitality package but the figures posted previously are outrageous. I'm sure it's probably worth it for what you're getting but I'm quite happy to do general camping for the best part of a week. 

Bunking into the festival though is a definite no for me. Morals aside, coming from Dublin, I couldn't imagine getting refused / caught at the gate and having to make that trip back. Each to their own though!

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

For £1000 you could buy 285 packs of Mallets and enter the competition 285 times which will greatly improve your chances of winning one of the 5 sets of their tickets. 

id love to see someone trying that at their local tesco :) ...... or the poor driver if it gets home delivered to a block of upstairs flats :) 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, complementorylex said:

All these people paying £2k plus, why don’t we just charter a helicopter and abseil in. Got to be cheaper? 

People have paraglided in before! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

And to top it all off I’ve just had a call from the courier delivering the Mallets Cider Festival Pack I won telling me that they’ve “damaged” it.  Not sure what that means but I’m seriously considering going down to the depot to rescue the code from the 4pack of cider it’s supposed to contain! Not really fussed about the rest of it!

Just to let you know there is no code on the cider in the festival pack. Also the t-shirt is a large and the hat is a bit small on me. Oh well. Free cider at least. 

26 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Just to let you know there is no code on the cider in the festival pack. Also the t-shirt is a large and the hat is a bit small on me. Oh well. Free cider at least. 

That’s a shame I was banking on the freebie coming with an extra lucky code ... I’ve got a fridge full of cider from the four entries I’ve already done. I don’t even like cider but feel strangely drawn to it every time I go to Tesco’s ☹️

This are the options I had back from Windinglake:

4 berth  trailer, £5800 plus VAT (for up to four pax)
-6 berth trailer (for up to six pax) - £6350 plus VAT

For up to two people per unit:
-A+ caravan £2600 plus VAT
-Caboose / Rocket Room £3000 plus VAT

On top of this charge, tickets are £485 plus VAT pp and farm passes £350 plus VAT pp

So the cheapest option there split between 2 would be £2,061 (inc VAT).

6 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve had a response from Festaff, they said they are fully booked but have put my email on file and will get back to me if anything comes up and have space. 

That's the exact response I had.....and then a week or so later had an email saying they have some availability! Keep the faith!! ?

And....I know a couple who snuck in about 10 years ago. They went to Glastonbury town and mulled about, and ended up giving £100 each to go in in the back of a Land Rover!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Shooter said:

That's the exact response I had.....and then a week or so later had an email saying they have some availability! Keep the faith!! ?

And....I know a couple who snuck in about 10 years ago. They went to Glastonbury town and mulled about, and ended up giving £100 each to go in in the back of a Land Rover!

Imagine the anxiety/rush of doing that, I got nervous when I accidentally kept the till receipt from my first Guardian purchase in their competition so I took it back to the store.

I'll let you know if I get any further response from Festaff!

I sadly think the days of the secret resale are over. The weeks between deciding to pay your balance and the festival starting is smaller this year (and in 2017) then a few years ago so fewer people will be returning tickets due to broken legs/family circumstances etc. The popularity of Glastonbury seems to be increasing every year (which, by the way, I think is good as it keeps the festival fresh although crap when you miss out on a ticket) so they will have no bother shifting the couple of returns they have got this year to friends and family of staff members. Finally, there is such a frenzy around the secret resale nowadays I wonder whether it is putting them off resaling to the general public. 

Just wanted to mention in past years I've often seen a few last minute volunteer positions posted on Facebook, presumably when someone has dropped out. The ones I saw were food stalls or similar. Sure they'd get snapped up quickly so you'd need to keep a close eye and have a bit of luck too, but you never know. 

2 hours ago, loveisanumber said:

I've been wistfully pressing Proceed on this page for the past few weeks as my way of passing time. Better than playing Twitter or having a life. Every so often I'll change my registration number just so I can see the error message which confirms that it truly must be checking against the database. 

Its become a kind of comfort blanket :(

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

I got given a small! Large would have been perfect.

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Photo of festival pack and lounger

IMG_20190523_172911.jpg

Out of curiosity did yours also have a VIP wristband in? Is that just for show or do we get anything for this? :lol: