Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 minutes ago, belle365 said:

Winding Lake don't have the cheaper accomodations available. I emailed them yesterday £4270 + VAT was the cheapest they offered for 2 people

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago - they told me they had accommodation available if I had my own tickets but they didn’t have any tickets left to allocate.  Apparently I’m now on a reserve list.  Cheapest i’ve found is Yurtel at £8,400 for two (incl tickets). It is VERY nice accommodation and if it was a dream line-up year then MAYBE I could justify the price ... but not this year.

38 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

Yep, your calculation matches mine: A hospitality ticket and a patch of grass on the ground 2m x 2m for a tent will set you back £1485 

But if you split the costs of a tent? can the entry be split too?

My calculations would be per person if split between 2

350 - farm pass

325 - tent pass

485 - hosp ticket

£1485 + vat = £1392

Still expensive but the cheapest I have seen 

Edited by ledwards

4 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago - they told me they had accommodation available if I had my own tickets but they didn’t have any tickets left to allocate.  Apparently I’m now on a reserve list.  Cheapest i’ve found is Yurtel at £8,400 for two (incl tickets). It is VERY nice accommodation and if it was a dream line-up year then MAYBE I could justify the price ... but not this year.

Land & Sky Vista is £6000 + the price of the hospitality tickets. I have done a lot of research just in case I win the idiot tax in the next couple of weeks.

the festival 485 ticket and farm 350 ticket are both each per person. The tent pitch would be split i imagine. whether it be a 2 man pitch or 8 man i don't know, it probably will say on their website

17 minutes ago, rich@ said:

I took a ruck sack on 2 occasions the other my friends had tickets and they took my kit in for me.

I was there from Tuesday night got in once Wednesday morning and the other 2 times Thursday evening.

He who dares Rodney he who dares!

I can get entry to the festival through fellow scousers (for a nominal fee) who will get me in but then I don't have a wristband and neither does my wife. If it was just me I wouldn't have a issue with this but I know my wife would not be able to relax.

5 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

the festival 485 ticket and farm 350 ticket are both each per person. The tent pitch would be split i imagine. whether it be a 2 man pitch or 8 man i don't know, it probably will say on their website

You get 14ft by 14ft space - but that includes space to park your car.

1 minute ago, clitbang said:

I can get entry to the festival through fellow scousers (for a nominal fee) who will get me in but then I don't have a wristband and neither does my wife. If it was just me I wouldn't have a issue with this but I know my wife would not be able to relax.

Scousers at Glastonbury are class. They get where water cant! Boiling heat, black North Face long  jacket on and shorts bouncing about on the Beat Hotel sign podium

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, clitbang said:

Are they selling tent spaces with tickets included this year? 

They were - but they told me they didn’t have any tickets left.  Offered me tent space if I could source my own ticket.

I’ve pretty much given up this year but seriously considering booking Windinglake early (pre October sale) for next year - given it’s the 50th anniversary I’m convincing myself that I can justify the price!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

They were - but they told me they didn’t have any tickets left.  Offered me tent space if I could source my own ticket.

I’ve pretty much given up this year but seriously considering booking Windinglake early (pre October sale) for next year - given it’s the 50th anniversary I’m convincing myself that I can justify the price!

I'm just not prepared to miss a glasto, ever, forever.

And to top it all off I’ve just had a call from the courier delivering the Mallets Cider Festival Pack I won telling me that they’ve “damaged” it.  Not sure what that means but I’m seriously considering going down to the depot to rescue the code from the 4pack of cider it’s supposed to contain! Not really fussed about the rest of it!

Edited by Charlie Rabbit

6 minutes ago, clitbang said:

Hahahaha boss. 

9 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

Scousers at Glastonbury are class. They get where water cant! Boiling heat, black North Face long  jacket on and shorts bouncing about on the Beat Hotel sign podium

Seeing the "Ketwigs" at Glasto is a strangely homely feeling for me - moved from the Wirral to London 3 years ago so hearing the scouse accent again is great

12 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

And to top it all off I’ve just had a call from the courier delivering the Mallets Cider Festival Pack I won telling me that they’ve “damaged” it.  Not sure what that means but I’m seriously considering going down to the depot to rescue the code from the 4pack of cider it’s supposed to contain! Not really fussed about the rest of it!

Mine arrived today. Looking forward to trying on all my gear later while drinking my free cider

Next year I'm just going to get onto the volunteering early, still try for tickets but at least it won't be so stressful. I have thought about going down the hospitality route before but I don't think I could do it, I just think what if it ended up being really muddy and/or rainy and I'm there thinking I could have had a luxury month (or two) in Thailand for the same money. I have done the wristband sneaky thing once and another time used someone else's ticket; both are definitely doable but I don't fancy doing it again now I'm that bit older. 

Hi guys - been lurking here all day and think I have finally reached breaking point and willing to shell out for a hospitality package (within reason). Cheapest I can find though is £2.5k pp - tent pitches at Winding Lake are sold out. Anyone know any more realistic options?