Resale Club 2019

McCor

Has anyone ever used or stayed at Windinglake? I am now at the point where I cannot handle waiting any longer and just want to secure my entry to glasto even if its 4k for 2.

They have said they do not take card and payment is done by bank transfer, which I find strange considering the amount of money involved.

(Looking for assurances as the only thing worse than not going to glasto is paying 4k and then still not getting into glasto!)

*Cry's for help*

Just now, clitbang said:

Has anyone ever used or stayed at Windinglake? I am now at the point where I cannot handle waiting any longer and just want to secure my entry to glasto even if its 4k for 2.

They have said they do not take card and payment is done by bank transfer, which I find strange considering the amount of money involved.

(Looking for assurances as the only thing worse than not going to glasto is paying 4k and then still not getting into glasto!)

*Cry's for help*

I remember a guy last year saying that he used Windinglake pretty much every year, I can't remember his username but if you do a search either in here or in the Q&A forum it should be obvious. Maybe drop him a message.

1 minute ago, clitbang said:

*Cry's for help*

Me personally ( eternal pessimist) would be reluctant to pay via direct transfer. Ask them if they'll accept paypal . That way you're both covered against all eventualities.

4 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Me personally ( eternal pessimist) would be reluctant to pay via direct transfer. Ask them if they'll accept paypal . That way you're both covered against all eventualities.

This is exactly what I replied, paypal or other secure payment source as I don't believe I have any legal cover if I willingly transfer it and they didn't provide the service.

6 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

I remember a guy last year saying that he used Windinglake pretty much every year, I can't remember his username but if you do a search either in here or in the Q&A forum it should be obvious. Maybe drop him a message.

Cheers I will. 

Desperate times.

1 minute ago, clitbang said:

This is exactly what I replied, paypal or other secure payment source as I don't believe I have any legal cover if I willingly transfer it and they didn't provide the service.

spot on.. and we're not talking about a couple of hundred quid here

Hmmmmmmm, just checked out WindingLake, never heard it before so had a read of the website. One section says there are a limited number of tickets supplied to them, then on the price calculator page it says Festival Ticket is not supplied

image.thumb.png.b6e1dc274077bffbffafc416af220d89.png

1 minute ago, pentura said:

Hmmmmmmm, just checked out WindingLake, never heard it before so had a read of the website. One section says there are a limited number of tickets supplied to them, then on the price calculator page it says Festival Ticket is not supplied

There is another box on the price calculator page. It says email for availability. 

I don't have a problem with the price of the hospitality tickets or the price of accommodation, but to pay £420 to step foot on his farm is a bit steep. 

5 minutes ago, pentura said:

image.thumb.png.b6e1dc274077bffbffafc416af220d89.png

I emailed them yesterday (more out of curiosity in the event of a lottery win)

on top of the caravan/trailer/tipi or whatever you choose, they state:

"On top of this charge, tickets are £485 plus VAT pp and farm passes £350 plus VAT pp. The only festival tickets we sell are the hospitality/backstage variety."

485 is hospitality, 350 just to get onto this windinglake farm independent of whether you rent a tent pitch or a caravan

Edited by CP_8

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

There is another box on the price calculator page. It says email for availability. 

I don't have a problem with the price of the hospitality tickets or the price of accommodation, but to pay £420 to step foot on his farm is a bit steep. 

Yeah that's under 'Backstage Ticket' 

Surely can't be for backstage to the areas in the festival? 

£420 is steep but I'm sure some people are desperate enough, myself included! 

image.png.ea6f5f064542240119b74109d7fbed1b.png

10 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

I emailed them yesterday (more out of curiosity in the event of a lottery win)

on top of the caravan/trailer/tipi or whatever you choose, they state:

"On top of this charge, tickets are £485 plus VAT pp and farm passes £350 plus VAT pp. The only festival tickets we sell are the hospitality/backstage variety."

485 is hospitality, 350 just to get onto this windinglake farm independent of whether you rent a tent pitch or a caravan

Wow that's hefty! So you need an accommodation / access to their farm pass (£350), a caravan / trailer / tent pitch (miminum is a tent pitch at £650) plus the Hospitality / Backstage Festival Ticket (£485)

So £1,485 for one person to get into the festival, pitch their tent and stay at their farm? 

Edited by pentura

Just now, pentura said:

Wow that's hefty! So you need an accommodation / access to their farm pass (£350), a caravan / trailer / tent pitch (miminum is a tent pitch at £650) plus the Hospitality / Backstage Festival Ticket (£485)

So £1,485 for one person to get into the festival?

Yep, your calculation matches mine: A hospitality ticket and a patch of grass on the ground 2m x 2m for a tent will set you back £1485 

Windinglake is probably the only company outside of glastonbury that I would buy a ticket from.  They are reputable - but its silly money.  In 2017 they were selling ticket packages for £1k a few days before the festival that I assume they were unable to sell

Just now, Hugs said:

Windinglake is probably the only company outside of glastonbury that I would buy a ticket from.  They are reputable - but its silly money.  In 2017 they were selling ticket packages for £1k a few days before the festival that I assume they were unable to sell

They stated they cant sell tickets on their own. Im hoping there is an invisible "yet" in there 

8 minutes ago, pentura said:

Yeah that's under 'Backstage Ticket' 

Surely can't be for backstage to the areas in the festival? 

it'll be a 'hospitality' wristband, that gets you into the hospitality area that's 'backstage' between the pyramid & other, and might help you blagg in a few other bars backstage at other stages.

You might see someone famous, but it's not exciting. 

3 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

Yep, your calculation matches mine: A hospitality ticket and a patch of grass on the ground 2m x 2m for a tent will set you back £1485 

It's crazy money! Problem is they can justify it because someone out there is going to pay for it! 

And £650 for a tent pitch? That in itself is madness. If it was £650 for the ticket and the pitch that'd probably sway me

6 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

You are forgetting the VAT

350 - farm pass

650 - tent pass

485 - hosp ticket

£1485 + vat = £1782

I contacted a company through work they offered me it at £4750pp - bargain!! ?  thought they were going to do me a favour and sell me a hospitality ticket at face value - never mind. Boyfriend has told me to give up but I can't ?

and Cornucopia want to know how much your earn, where you work, colour of your socks and what you had for breakfast on the last sunday of September 2008 before they'll sell you a ticket.

1 hour ago, AliceR said:

Stupid question.... what were you able to carry in with you at that point? And also what day did you try this?

I took a ruck sack on 2 occasions the other my friends had tickets and they took my kit in for me.

I was there from Tuesday night got in once Wednesday morning and the other 2 times Thursday evening.

He who dares Rodney he who dares!

Edited by rich@