Resale Club 2019

McCor

57 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

https://www.ctm.uk.com/projects/glastonbury-festival/ someone just posted that link saying they had work spaces available, not sure if it’s any good to anyone but worth a try I guess ? 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

So guys what are the remaining options that are available, volunteering etc? I’m getting very despondent about it all ?

Not sure if this is any good for you @Ozanne?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

2 of my best mates live in Llanharan. I think they're moving to nearer Newport soon but they've been there a few years now. The only 2 from our group who so far haven't got tickets :( 

I'm a regular in the bryncae arms ;)

Hi @DareToDibble

I heard the good news.

If i may take a moment to quote Pope John Paul 2nd **

Get the f@@k in!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the win.

Just throwing this out there..If for any reason your fiance cant make Glasto i look fantastic in a frock! Just saying.

** I dont think Pope John Paul 2nd ever said that but i'm quietly confident he'd have wanted to at some point.

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

Hi @DareToDibble

I heard the good news.

If i may take a moment to quote Pope John Paul 2nd **

Get the f@@k in!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the win.

Just throwing this out there..If for any reason your fiance cant make Glasto i look fantastic in a frock! Just saying.

** I dont think Pope John Paul 2nd ever said that but i'm quietly confident he'd have wanted to at some point.

Haha thanks mate!!

Thing is it's a 2 for 1 deal. She's coming to Glasto because she's marrying me... Are you willing to make such commitments!?

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Haha thanks mate!!

Thing is it's a 2 for 1 deal. She's coming to Glasto because she's marrying me... Are you willing to make such commitments!?

I thought you'd never ask !

I'm in!!

I will of course have to break the good/bad news to my wife but i'm sure she'll understand..

27 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Ahhhhh we definitely wouldn’t have room for 5, such a shame! Would have been a great way to start the festival getting to know our fellow Cardiff Glastonians. Maybe we will see you in the queue if you’re leaving around the same time, and yes by Monday everyone stinks haha! 

Yes what a start that would have been! I'll listen out for the Cardiff accent when we're waiting in the queue.

Will you all be going to the eFests meet? 

Hi guys

Longtime lurker here.  Just wanted to share my experience in my quest for tickets, to bring a bit of positivity back to this group....

I've been watching this thread so closely over the last couple of weeks and was poised ready to pounce at anytime to get tickets for me and my wife after we missed out for the first time since 2005!

After failing at the resale, I wrote an email to every company/organisation/individual I knew who were involved with Glastonbury. I had a lot of knock backs including one from Glastonbury Festival themselves.  I've entered every competition going (including the Guardian for a week solid!) and put the word out to friends who have worked there before too.

I thought all was lost but one company gave us a lifeline! CTM were offering paid work (13hr nights mind!) with 2 nights off in the week of the festival. We took it and were chuffed we were finally going to be at Worthy Farm in June. Then one of my friends contacts came through, and offered us stewarding jobs which had a lot better hours, so we have now taken them instead!

Since signing up for the stewarding, another contact got back to me saying they may have availability, and Feststaff emailed me to say they have some spaces available and did I want to sign up with them.

What I'm trying to say is, if you are determined enough and try every possible avenue you WILL get to the Festival! Drop CTM and Festaff an email and you never know your luck!

Good luck everyone! Maybe tomorrow's the day!?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Charlie Shooter said:

Hi guys

Longtime lurker here.  Just wanted to share my experience in my quest for tickets, to bring a bit of positivity back to this group....

I've been watching this thread so closely over the last couple of weeks and was poised ready to pounce at anytime to get tickets for me and my wife after we missed out for the first time since 2005!

After failing at the resale, I wrote an email to every company/organisation/individual I knew who were involved with Glastonbury. I had a lot of knock backs including one from Glastonbury Festival themselves.  I've entered every competition going (including the Guardian for a week solid!) and put the word out to friends who have worked there before too.

I thought all was lost but one company gave us a lifeline! CTM were offering paid work (13hr nights mind!) with 2 nights off in the week of the festival. We took it and were chuffed we were finally going to be at Worthy Farm in June. Then one of my friends contacts came through, and offered us stewarding jobs which had a lot better hours, so we have now taken them instead!

Since signing up for the stewarding, another contact got back to me saying they may have availability, and Feststaff emailed me to say they have some spaces available and did I want to sign up with them.

What I'm trying to say is, if you are determined enough and try every possible avenue you WILL get to the Festival! Drop CTM and Festaff an email and you never know your luck!

Good luck everyone! Maybe tomorrow's the day!?

Wow that’s amazing! Has feststaff contacted you recently? I can’t find their email anywhere, would you be able to give me the email they contacted you on so I may email them?

thanks!!

12 minutes ago, Andy95 said:

Wow that’s amazing! Has feststaff contacted you recently? I can’t find their email anywhere, would you be able to give me the email they contacted you on so I may email them?

thanks!!

I messaged them via their online contact form and someone got back to me from that within a day or so.  It's someone's own work email address it came from so I won't post that on here. Their inbox would be red hot!!

As for CTM, I read the horror stories, but everyone I spoke to there was lovely and very helpful! I speak as I find!

24 minutes ago, Charlie Shooter said:

I messaged them via their online contact form and someone got back to me from that within a day or so.  It's someone's own work email address it came from so I won't post that on here. Their inbox would be red hot!!

As for CTM, I read the horror stories, but everyone I spoke to there was lovely and very helpful! I speak as I find!

Cheers, I'll give this a shot. Worth a try.

3 hours ago, Charlie Shooter said:

Hi guys

Hey Charlie !

Thanks for your post and positivity, we need it! Likewise I’ve written to what seems like every organisation... even writing to a few contacts through my work which I definitely shouldn’t have - hah!

I wrote to feststaff several weeks back and seem to have been put on some kinda cancellation waiting list.. but haven’t been offered anything since, so that gives me hope that you were contacted! I’ve just sent a follow up ?

Best of luck everyone. X

Begrudging is a very harsh word. One I regret evoking here already, but begrudging, due congratulations it is to all ticket holders and winners. Enjoy! :)

Having been so many times, it seems fair I should miss out on at least one year. But it is hard still to stomach.

So be it.

Love, Peace and Octaves.

There is always a way.  There is always someone willing to take you into the festival in the back of a van/car/lorry/dodgy ticket/wristband for £50.  Once you’re in, you’re in.  Have done this many times.  

Getting in without a ticket is kinda part of the spirit of Glastonbury, it’s hard work and only for the brave but a wonderful feeling when the anxiety, excitement and uncertainty disappears and you’re finally through those gates sipping cider.

Edited by Hugs
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hugs said:

There is always a way.  There is always someone willing to take you into the festival in the back of a van/car/lorry/dodgy ticket/wristband for £50.  Once you’re in, you’re in.  Have done this many times.  

Getting in without a ticket is kinda part of the spirit of Glastonbury, it’s hard work and only for the brave but a wonderful feeling when the anxiety, excitement and uncertainty disappears and you’re finally through those gates sipping cider.

doesn't the uncertainty remain as little bit with the fear of getting kicked out for no wristband .... ok In wet year where everyone is wearing coats ... but in a warm year plenty of security with eagle eyes wanting to chuck people out ( or maybe except a few quid :) ) ..... reminds me of the year we were surrounded in the pyramid field by the security 4 x 4s  ... and my friend given a search amid talk of someone in a bowler hat dealing ... id given him the hat 5 mins previous .... he wasn't dealing :) neither was I