Resale Club 2019

McCor

This is mental isn’t it? We’re all going mad over receiving/not receiving a text :lol:

Another thought is that if, like me, you registered via email address and not phone number then they wouldn’t have your number to text you anyway?

Relax all - we’re all winning tickets :) 

Edited by DareToDibble

16 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

I’ve not got any receipts but the newsagent seems to know what he’s doing ... perhaps only those whose entries haven’t been registering got the text! ?

I think they’re supposed to keep the receipts to get reimbursed for the 15p off? 

I was going to have a go at the Guardian comp until i went into my local convenience store and explained to the guy behind the counter what i needed to do and he looked at me as though i'd just explained how to manually calculate pi to 428 decimal places.

I decided it wasn't worth it.... instead i walked out with a copy of Razzle and a kitkat ! 

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

I was going to have a go at the Guardian comp until i went into my local convenience store and explained to the guy behind the counter what i needed to do and he looked at me as though i'd just explained how to manually calculate pi to 428 decimal places.

I decided it wasn't worth it.... instead i walked out with a copy of Razzle and a kitkat ! 

Could have at least got a Twix...

• Upvote 1

Only 2 more days of this Guardian rigmarole, hopefully it has been worth it for those putting the effort in!

This morning I said to the women in the newsagents I've been mostly purchasing mine from "if I win I owe you one", not sure they were the words I should've used!!!

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

Only 2 more days of this Guardian rigmarole, hopefully it has been worth it for those putting the effort in!

This morning I said to the women in the newsagents I've been mostly purchasing mine from "if I win I owe you one", not sure they were the words I should've used!!!

could have been a lot worse.. Could have said ' if i win i'll give you one!'

fnar fnar

44 minutes ago, loveisanumber said:

I think they’re supposed to keep the receipts to get reimbursed for the 15p off? 

I haven’t been getting the 15p off - it was difficult enough finding someone willing to scan the barcode so I haven’t been too bothered.  That said, according to this ...

https://nfrnonline.com/news/cash-incentive-for-independents-to-push-guardian-glastonbury-competition/

... the 15p is supposed to be a bonus for the shop for pushing the competition.  Seems fair enough to me.

Still hammering the Oxfam volunteers page in the hopes of some luck. Annoyingly I saw Glasto pop up on it twice last week (when I wasn't even trying that hard) and by faffing about I didn't sort it in time. Seems much less likely now. I'll keep trying but that feeling of doom is all too near...!