Resale Club 2019

McCor

7 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Me too, also pleased for them, glad they have been won by people who really want to go

Without raining on their parade (which is why I’ll post it here), I feel gutted, I’m drastically losing hope here. I’ve been an utter failure with Oxfam as well, @StoneCircle has been so nice and messaging me when they are back on sale, work has been busy and I haven’t been able to check as quickly. 

1 hour ago, Thea! said:

Hey guys, so I've decided that my watch is over. Best of luck to everyone and I hope you manage to get in somehow! My fate is in the hands of the competition gods..?

I wish you all the good luck that's ever been good lucked Thea, it's not over til Glasto Monday.

2 hours ago, Cooter said:

I wish you all the good luck that's ever been good lucked Thea, it's not over til Glasto Monday.

Aww thanks Ross. I need to move on and make other plans, and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Funny how it gets in your bones! Take care and I hope you’re sorted.

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Don’t lose hope buddy , it’s not over till Monday morning when they close the gates .

hang on to the hope of something coming your way or even ( dare I say it ) a secret resale.

im one for positive attitude, I have said so many times before and will again,

I know it’s easy to say when I was successful in the resale, and trust me , I still feel torn that more of us on here didn’t have success, I have been unlucky in 2017 , but never gave up hope , even till the Sunday ( I had a slim chance of a Sunday ticket) and only found out later , someone had got me a way in , but could not find my number until he got back to work , arrrrggggg. 

Long story shot NEVER give up 

Cheers buddy, I’m trying to keep the spirits up, it’s tough!

10 hours ago, General Lee said:

I had 11 years in a row up until failing in 2017, and this year looks shot. 2020 will be even more people trying I imagine. Had a good run of luck before I suppose but maybe worse is that I know what I'll be missing!

I feel you, can’t even think how hard it will be in Oct, I need to stay positive, I know this year has gone, bar the faint hope of ticket comps, but I am genuinely concerned for future sales. It was so brutal in Oct and April.

Yeah we know what we’re missing which is hard too.

42 minutes ago, Perks said:

I feel you, can’t even think how hard it will be in Oct, I need to stay positive, I know this year has gone, bar the faint hope of ticket comps, but I am genuinely concerned for future sales. It was so brutal in Oct and April.

Yeah we know what we’re missing which is hard too.

Fully agree with this @Perks. The ticket sales in Oct and Apr were a total non starter for me. Had people trying for me and... Nothing. ?

I'm going down the volunteering route next year if October proves fruitless, although having done it before it is a tough way in. The night shift was a killer for me. 

It's so much harder knowing what I'm missing and not being able to do anything about it. I'm not even sure how people managed to get tickets this year. I was very prepared and didn't even get a sniff. ?

#nogivinguptilglastoMonday

has anybody entered the Guardian competition for themselves but doesn't have a plus one?

I'm looking to buddy up with somebody to share the spoils if we are fortunate enough. I'm the only person not with a ticket in my group so the spare could be used to double our chances? I'd rather somebody as desperate as i am go, rather than scratch around to take a friend on a freebie 

I've entered everyday apart from today (yet) so i'd want somebody who is also as committed to share a potential prize with - its only fair.

Also trying to up my karma quotient by trying to help fellow Liverpool supporters who don't have accommodation get cheapish places in Madrid. Skills learned from Glasto and efests have come in handy!

Just been emailed some Glasto ‘deals’ of which one is a yurt just outside GateC with a standard entrance ticket.

The drawback is the fact it’s a shade over 2k. 

So... if i go for it I’ll have to keep the cost quiet from my rather wonderful wife and I’d also run the risk of taking a huge bollocking at work for taking too much holiday.

So on the back of this I could lose my job and if my wife found out the true cost she’d probably divorce me.

Hhmmm. Tempted ?

Just now, andyb66 said:

Just been emailed some Glasto ‘deals’ of which one is a yurt just outside GateC with a standard entrance ticket.

The drawback is the fact it’s a shade over 2k. 

So... if i go for it I’ll have to keep the cost quiet from my rather wonderful wife and I’d also run the risk of taking a huge bollocking at work for taking too much holiday.

So on the back of this I could lose my job and if my wife found out the true cost she’d probably divorce me.

Hhmmm. Tempted ?

£2k each? ? Do you have to share the yurt for that?