Resale Club 2019

McCor

2 hours ago, Splodge said:

In the (increasingly likely) event that this secret resale never materialises. What say ye to...

Secret Resale Fest 2019 (we can work on the name later)

Where we're all guaranteed tickets to our very low budget version of Glastonbury in a nearby field over the same weekend.

We could dub it Unworthy Farm. Book the Fillers on the Cuboid Stage and Lame Impala on the another stage. Cold chip could play. We could quench our thirst at the Cider Van and dance the night away at Bronze Hayes.

If we all got spangled enough it might just seem like the real deal!

We have a festival near us in Leicester called “Glastonbudget”.

It’s full of tribute bands and very popular.

3 hours ago, Splodge said:

In the (increasingly likely) event that this secret resale never materialises. What say ye to...

Secret Resale Fest 2019 (we can work on the name later)

Where we're all guaranteed tickets to our very low budget version of Glastonbury in a nearby field over the same weekend.

We could dub it Unworthy Farm. Book the Fillers on the Cuboid Stage and Lame Impala on the another stage. Cold chip could play. We could quench our thirst at the Cider Van and dance the night away at Bronze Hayes.

If we all got spangled enough it might just seem like the real deal!

I look forward to entering The Guardians competition for this one, where the barcode is even more impossible to scan for the poor cashiers. 

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

Yeah there is one just outside Cardiff called Glastonbarry. Not been myself but seems pretty popular and it’s on, or near, the beach!

My experience on the guardian competition:

been to approx 7 different places: 3 in Manchester, 2 in Bristol and 2 in Glasgow. Not one of them has known what to do unless I’ve shown them the day before and I’ve become quite the expert in explaining the process. Hopefully that’s a good sign that nobody is entering.

I’ve been charged 15p at 2 shops, been discounted 15p at others, and been charged nothing at others. All have been done on paypoint separate to buying the guardian and there doesn’t seem to be any connection between buying the paper and scanning the barcode - makes me doubt that I actually have to buy the paper but I have done anyway incase. All receipts do Day successful entry though.

It’s taken some effort and persistence to be honest, seems overly complicated and not well executed. 

9 hours ago, CeriG said:

About 6 miles from my house that one, my daughter is going with her friends for the first time this year, she’s coming to Glastonbury with us next year after her GCSEs if the ticket gods smile upon us again.

Just now, akelly182 said:

Hey guys, just to let people know i've managed to get an Oxfam spot this morning. Combination of continued refreshing mixed with good timing. Hope that gives people a bit more hope if you're still trying for a spot!

Hey mate what time was that? 

2 minutes ago, akelly182 said:

Hey guys, just to let people know i've managed to get an Oxfam spot this morning. Combination of continued refreshing mixed with good timing. Hope that gives people a bit more hope if you're still trying for a spot!

I think you just beat me to it! I logged in about 20 minutes ago and Glastonbury was showing, but when I clicked proceed it said sold out.

1 minute ago, mazola said:

I think you just beat me to it! I logged in about 20 minutes ago and Glastonbury was showing, but when I clicked proceed it said sold out.

ahh sorry mate! Same thing happened to me yesterday. But they do keep coming up so fingers crossed you get one too! 

37 minutes ago, akelly182 said:

Congrats! Can I ask, did shifts get allocated to you at the time or does that happen afterwards? 

On the off chance that me and my hubby can get places (I’m F5ing too) I’m just curious if there’s still opportunity to request shifts at the same time. As I read on their FAQs..

Morning everyone ! It’s a new day !

"On the off chance that me and my hubby can get places (I’m F5ing too) I’m just curious if there’s still opportunity to request shifts at the same time. As I read on their FAQs.."

Once you have secured your place, you will need to set-up your profile. Within there is a section for you to propose "shift partners/buddys".

Although they state it is not guaranteed, they should normally be able to accommodate that request.

Good luck in getting a place.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stave_1974 said:

"On the off chance that me and my hubby can get places (I’m F5ing too) I’m just curious if there’s still opportunity to request shifts at the same time. As I read on their FAQs.."

Once you have secured your place, you will need to set-up your profile. Within there is a section for you to propose "shift partners/buddys".

Although they state it is not guaranteed, they should normally be able to accommodate that request.

Good luck in getting a place.

Thanks I appreciate that !

1 minute ago, Stave_1974 said:

Slight note of caution in that is that because these will be cancellation places, and it's after the change deadline, they may have already been rostered and so it could be too late for shift partners.

17 minutes ago, Thea! said:

Congrats! Can I ask, did shifts get allocated to you at the time or does that happen afterwards? 

On the off chance that me and my hubby can get places (I’m F5ing too) I’m just curious if there’s still opportunity to request shifts at the same time. As I read on their FAQs..

Morning everyone ! It’s a new day !

I think you won't get your shifts until you are on-site.

You can request an pre festival shift and you can also choose shift buddies when completing the festival application

Edited by rich@
As above