Resale Club 2019

McCor

14 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

If I'm trying for a friend and random e-fester - how does this work with postage of tickets?

If they're General Sale i'm pretty sure the tickets are sent to each registered holder personally. Regardless of who paid for them.

Coach tickets emails are slightly different and just sent to the Lead Booker (first reg put in i think?) and not who paid for them.

TL:DR - f you pay for someone's ticket i guess you just need to chase them for payment and not worry about posting!

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Keep up the faith guys, it’ll happen and we’ll be successful!

For anyone wondering day 1 of The Great Escape was really fun, ended up see The Confidence man in a tent on the beach. Lovely stuff.  

Good stuff, just had a gander around their website and looks quite appealing. How come no Sunday though?

1 minute ago, Glasto Mart said:

I'm happy to set up a WhatsApp group, purely for resale announcements if people want to post/PM me their numbers.

xx

Seems sensible but there has to be a strict rule of no messages unless a resale. Think someone mentioned a similar group went a bit pear shaped last time.

7 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Seems sensible but there has to be a strict rule of no messages unless a resale. Think someone mentioned a similar group went a bit pear shaped last time.

I'm still in it actually, just decided to have read back ?

12th May 2016 someone called Shelley sent "Tickets go go go !"

Edited by fightoffyour

4 minutes ago, Cooter said:

So it was all worth doing in the end.

Not sure, they were sold out within the same minute as the message. Loads of people missed out and couldn't believe there'd even been a sale. I mean someone has to send a message that there's sale and if they are trying to buy tickets themselves, they're going to do that first so it might be too late after that.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not sure, they were sold out within the same minute as the message. Loads of people missed out and couldn't believe there'd even been a sale. I mean someone has to send a message that there's sale and if they are trying to buy tickets themselves, they're going to do that first so it might be too late after that.

Therein lies the inherent problem with any form of notification that relies on word of mouth - whoever first spots that the page is open is always going to sort themselves out before alerting anyone else so you've automatically introduced a 60+ second delay which these days is more than long enough for the sale to be finished.

A little reminder to lurkers and non Gold members - eFestivals is fund-raising 

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor

Or you can sign up for the best page checker that texts you as well as alerting you via your PC!

https://www.checkpage.co.uk/

This thread may help you get tickets , please help this site! :good:

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Upvote 7

as above and  signing up to checkpage.co.uk will help you get tickets and also help fund this site .... talking of check page I signed up last  night but haven't had any notifications today ... have there been any ? just want to check its working ... I dont need tickets but its a way of donating to the site and hopefully helping some on here 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Good stuff, just had a gander around their website and looks quite appealing. How come no Sunday though?

I’m not sure, I presume it’s because it’s in the city so they let the place recover a bit before the working week. It’s a really fun event, James Bay is playing a gig at 5pm so I’m gonna see him, I love his voice.