Resale Club 2019

McCor

12 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

If you genuinely want to get to the festival this is the way. While it's good to keep the hope it's good to be realistic too. There was no resale last year and seetickets have said there won't be one this year either.

Absolutely agree. Now I've seen how straightforward it was to get a place I will be doing this every year, still trying in the sales but apply as backup, takes the stress out of it! 

3 minutes ago, franathy said:

If you genuinely want to get to the festival this is the way. While it's good to keep the hope it's good to be realistic too. There was no resale last year and seetickets have said there won't be one this year either.

seetickets say that every year

Edited by karlpowell

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Just a quick pop in to say good luck to you all - I was part of the 2017 secret that never happened.

I have 4 I am trying for hence not offering my help this time.

Poised and ready, I just hop I don't have to stay that way for week after week in the hope it happens.

Did you manage to get in in 2017 one way or another?

How likely do people think there will be a re-sale?

Seeing and hearing reports of tickets going back into the pot. Could be a dozen, two dozen, who knows. And that's only from the folk actively posting on here! Could be any number of tickets available including those not declared or active on this site - I don't expect that number to exceed 1,000 tickets, and that's being very optimistic. Worst case scenario they're given out to bands, staff, locals, comps etc.

I'm still holding out for a re-sale, been lucky twice - in 2013, and 2016 so been more successful in secret resales than anything else at this stage!

Also seem to recall people accurately narrowing down the secret re-sale to a specific week i.e. it will happen between XX May - XX May, whether through contacts in Glastonbury, See, Eavii or technological sleuthing, I do not know. Any of those folk around? 

5 minutes ago, pentura said:

Seeing and hearing reports of tickets going back into the pot. Could be a dozen, two dozen, who knows. And that's only from the folk actively posting on here! Could be any number of tickets available including those not declared or active on this site - I don't expect that number to exceed 1,000 tickets, and that's being very optimistic. Worst case scenario they're given out to bands, staff, locals, comps etc.

I'm still holding out for a re-sale, been lucky twice - in 2013, and 2016 so been more successful in secret resales than anything else at this stage!

Also seem to recall people accurately narrowing down the secret re-sale to a specific week i.e. it will happen between XX May - XX May, whether through contacts in Glastonbury, See, Eavii or technological sleuthing, I do not know. Any of those folk around? 

I would love there to be one but I honestly don't think there will be. There have been zero page changes all week; whenever there's been a secret resale before there have been loads and loads of little page changes in the days leading up to it. Plus the fact that the April resale was so quick, maybe not enough tickets returned? Anyway I would love to be wrong! If there is one it should be today, tomorrow or Monday going from past history. 

6 minutes ago, franathy said:

I would love there to be one but I honestly don't think there will be. There have been zero page changes all week; whenever there's been a secret resale before there have been loads and loads of little page changes in the days leading up to it. Plus the fact that the April resale was so quick, maybe not enough tickets returned? Anyway I would love to be wrong! If there is one it should be today, tomorrow or Monday going from past history. 

Yeah I remember all those page changes in 2016 - I had two page monitors on the go with email updates - inbox was flooded that year!

Also remember a Whatsapp group of like 600 people. One ping from the webpage and that group would go into overdrive! 

I'm still holding out for one, we know there will be tickets available, but whether they're available to us is another question ?

1 hour ago, pentura said:

Yeah I remember all those page changes in 2016 - I had two page monitors on the go with email updates - inbox was flooded that year!

Also remember a Whatsapp group of like 600 people. One ping from the webpage and that group would go into overdrive! 

I'm still holding out for one, we know there will be tickets available, but whether they're available to us is another question ?

Lol the telling's off in that whatsapp group for people sending random irrelevant messages to a group on tenterhooks! ?

16 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Lol the telling's off in that whatsapp group for people sending random irrelevant messages to a group on tenterhooks! ?

Absolutely! People just did not seem to understand to only post unless the sale went live

The best was someone asking "what's this group all about?" after specifically putting in their phone number to be included in the group!!

2 hours ago, pentura said:

I think very unlikely. The fact that there wasn't one last time coupled with the closeness of official resale with final refund date (think these were normally more like 2-3 weeks apart?). Plus I suspect some at the festival might have felt uneasy at secret sales happening where not everyone gets fair warning (pretty sure I saw Emily getting stick on twitter about this once).

I expect by now they can reliably estimate the number of returns they will get and so are able to redirect them to be taken by traders, industry types or whatever. Whatever happens I doubt they become freebies. You could easily get 100 refunds in the final week, that's over 20k in ticket money and barring any budget disasters all of that would be going to charities otherwise.

But it has happened before of course, 2017 is still the exception. Everyone here is hoping it stays that way!

8 minutes ago, pentura said:

Absolutely! People just did not seem to understand to only post unless the sale went live

The best was someone asking "what's this group all about?" after specifically putting in their phone number to be included in the group!!

Could anyone please add me to this group please :)