Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 minute ago, Cooter said:

I'm doing it most days to be honest, think I'm starting to lose the plot.

For the 2016 sale (I think it was this one - was that the one that sold out in seconds?), I wouldn't leave my computer to go the toilet even, unless my wife could keep an eye on it, "just in case". For pretty much two weeks.  That was a painful time, to say the least. 

Just now, EasyUserName said:

For the 2016 sale (I think it was this one - was that the one that sold out in seconds?), I wouldn't leave my computer to go the toilet even, unless my wife could keep an eye on it, "just in case". For pretty much two weeks.  That was a painful time, to say the least. 

And did it happen and were you lucky?

29 minutes ago, Cooter said:

And did it happen and were you lucky?

I did go to the toilet during the two weeks, and yes, I was lucky with the resale.  I used the tracker system that Neil on here setup (https://www.checkpage.co.uk).  I put my phone on "volume on", set the ticket page up on a second monitor I put on my laptop so it was there full time (https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001) and for every single "beep" on the phone for almost two weeks, I would automatically turn to the right and press refresh.  Every single email (& I get many for work), text and so on, I would check the webpage first before looking at the phone. 

It did pay off though, as I didn't even read the notification message of the change to the website when it happened, just the usual "turn right, press refresh" after the beep.  My hands were shaking so much after all that time, I was worried I'd let it timeout because I was double checking.

It helped having the page preloaded with the registrations, and being terribly obsessive.  I'm trying this time around for others, and I have the page on a spare screen (moved on to multiple screens now for work!), but I can't spare the time I did back then.  It really was time in front of the machine from around 0830 all the way to 1800-1900 every day, eating at the machine, going mad!  I didn't keep too close an eye on weekends, but still didn't want to go too far! 

That's one ticket sale I won't be forgetting for a looong time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EasyUserName said:

I did go to the toilet during the two weeks, and yes, I was lucky with the resale.  I used the tracker system that Neil on here setup (https://www.checkpage.co.uk).  I put my phone on "volume on", set the ticket page up on a second monitor I put on my laptop so it was there full time (https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001) and for every single "beep" on the phone for almost two weeks, I would automatically turn to the right and press refresh.  Every single email (& I get many for work), text and so on, I would check the webpage first before looking at the phone. 

It did pay off though, as I didn't even read the notification message of the change to the website when it happened, just the usual "turn right, press refresh" after the beep.  My hands were shaking so much after all that time, I was worried I'd let it timeout because I was double checking.

It helped having the page preloaded with the registrations, and being terribly obsessive.  I'm trying this time around for others, and I have the page on a spare screen (moved on to multiple screens now for work!), but I can't spare the time I did back then.  It really was time in front of the machine from around 0830 all the way to 1800-1900 every day, eating at the machine, going mad!  I didn't keep too close an eye on weekends, but still didn't want to go too far! 

That's one ticket sale I won't be forgetting for a looong time. 

I loaded this and thought it was happening then!

10 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Not read this for a day or two. Any more ideas going as to when/if there is a secret one?

If they’ll be one I’d reckon it would be today, going by 2016. Please note this is based purely guess work and will most likely be wrong!

11 hours ago, Cooter said:

Ok so, shout out to all the ticket page refreshers!!? Get those details filled in just in case..

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001

Cheers for the reminder dude, although its so brutal looking at that screen and filling details in, knowing...Nothing.

So you just keep that filled in and open all day? do you need to fill in the details everyday? (soz for dumb IT question)

2 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Is there a section of the thingy for secret resales? I can't find anything! 

Refund - Friday May 3rd
Resale - Wednesday May 8th

Refund - Friday May 9th
Resale - Wednesday May 14th - 2pm
Refund - Friday May 8th
Resale - Monday May 18th - 3pm
Lasted 13 mins approx
Refund - Friday May 6th
Resale - Thursday May 12th - 3.00pm
Lasted 2 mins approx

There was no secret resale in 2017

• Upvote 3