Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

I've never had to rely on it until now...I know there wasn't one for 2017 but is there a ballpark date it happens if it happens? 

I think it has always been within 2 weeks of refund deadline but usually the following week.  Most likely days would be anytime now until Friday evening or early next week. But usually loads of page changes in the days before and this year nothing. 

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Just to ask, when are the shifts that Oxfam allocate actually don't?, and is there anyway I can change my partner shift option?

I've done all the be considered for early shifts and the Monday leaving but doesn't seem to be a way to see them options now.

The allocation / rostering is probably ongoing now, with 2,400 stewards it's a fairly big task. But you won't find out any specifics until you register on site.

If you want to change your shift partner(s), you can try emailing them and seeing whether it's too late or not.

33 minutes ago, franathy said:

I think it has always been within 2 weeks of refund deadline but usually the following week.  Most likely days would be anytime now until Friday evening or early next week. But usually loads of page changes in the days before and this year nothing. 

I see! Hopefully it will all start moving tonight...fingers crossed.

My boyfriend went into a new shop today - 2 ladies on the tills. First lady scanned the barcode and saw the 'you have been entered into Glastonbury competition' message come up. Second lady then told her they couldn't do it because they don't have the right machine (they did) and wouldn't give him the receipt so he put the paper back. Do you think that would count as an entry?

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I understand it as, if the machine coughs out a receipt that says "entry successful" then it's successful, didn't realise I had to keep a receipt.

I'm not sure if it printed out a receipt or not, only that it scanned. I'm pretty sure you don't need to keep them. 

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm using the VisualPing extension for Chrome and got a 'ping' on the event page this morning at 9am. Couldn't see any difference myself (or buy tickets ?). Think it said something about the logo but I can't find a history/log of changes. Just a heads up anyway.

Mine went off too, in the office! Made everyone jump and I nearly had a panic attack! I couldn't see any differences though either eeeek

2 hours ago, incident said:

The allocation / rostering is probably ongoing now, with 2,400 stewards it's a fairly big task. But you won't find out any specifics until you register on site.

If you want to change your shift partner(s), you can try emailing them and seeing whether it's too late or not.

Oh so you don't know you're hours until you arrive?

24 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh so you don't know you're hours until you arrive?

In my experience at other non Glastonbury festivals they (Oxfam) festival managers post the shifts for people when you arrive and are briefed. If you are required prior to normal arrival day (Tuesday) then they will let you know ahead. Its then that the shift swapping negotiations commence. You need to find someone who will take your shift and hope that theirs doesn't clash with what you want to see at the festival. Its doable but a ball ache.

Just been looking at the resale thread from 2017 as was looking for information on last years secret tipi resale.

Seems like there are far less people active on here this year! There was a lot of hope back in 2017 for a secret resale which was obviously quashed which might explain. I have everything crossed for you guys - perhaps if there is a secret resale it wont be so brutal as there's a lot less activity on this thread.

16 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

In my experience at other non Glastonbury festivals they (Oxfam) festival managers post the shifts for people when you arrive and are briefed. If you are required prior to normal arrival day (Tuesday) then they will let you know ahead. Its then that the shift swapping negotiations commence. You need to find someone who will take your shift and hope that theirs doesn't clash with what you want to see at the festival. Its doable but a ball ache.

How likely are you to get, say Friday, Saturday, Sunday evening? Or do they try to spread out the worst ones more fairly?

6 minutes ago, franathy said:

How likely are you to get, say Friday, Saturday, Sunday evening? Or do they try to spread out the worst ones more fairly?

You typically get 3 shifts of 8 hours each on 3 different days e.g. 6-2, 2-10, 10-6 (or variants of that routine). Bear in mind Oxfam tend to do gates and road crossings (as i understand having not done Glasto with them) so busy times will need more people.

edit - the shifts will be different on separate days

Edited by chuckles07

27 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Just been looking at the resale thread from 2017 as was looking for information on last years secret tipi resale.

Seems like there are far less people active on here this year! There was a lot of hope back in 2017 for a secret resale which was obviously quashed which might explain. I have everything crossed for you guys - perhaps if there is a secret resale it wont be so brutal as there's a lot less activity on this thread.

That's what i'm hoping for in 2105 when i got one in the secret resales it was almost leisurely and just about everyone on here got one 

56 minutes ago, ledwards said:

unfortunately Peanut chat has 40,000 members now and its quite well advertised on that site :( ... not sure this site has quite that many members ? or lurkers ? 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

unfortunately Peanut chat has 40,000 members now and its quite well advertised on that site :( ... not sure this site has quite that many members ? or lurkers ? 

Is that what they call themselves these days! Are they aware of Neil's checker do we think?

Just now, ledwards said:

Is that what they call themselves these days! Are they aware of Neil's checker do we think?

one of the admins changed the name as a joke ... unfortunately they cant change it back for 28 days ... dont know about Neils checker but unfortunately these things are lots more well known these days due to social media ... that said someone has to get them and why not someone from here ( if it happens :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

one of the admins changed the name as a joke ... unfortunately they cant change it back for 28 days ... dont know about Neils checker but unfortunately these things are lots more well known these days due to social media ... that said someone has to get them and why not someone from here ( if it happens :)

Makes sense. More people using the tracker = more money to run efests!

Just managed to scan the guardian iMovo voucher (well type the code in at the shop). It all went through before I bought the guardian which seemed to me like a separate transaction? A receipt printed off for the 15p but no proof o bought the guardian?

any one else had similar worries? Or nerves...

51 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Makes sense. More people using the tracker = more money to run efests!

I can't be entirely sure because i've not looked closely, but I'd say there's currently fewer people using checkpage this year than last ... but having said that, the number of daily sign-ups is still strong every day so it might end up being as many.

55 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

Just managed to scan the guardian iMovo voucher (well type the code in at the shop). It all went through before I bought the guardian which seemed to me like a separate transaction? A receipt printed off for the 15p but no proof o bought the guardian?

Er, out of 4 successful "entry successful" receipts I've only purchased one paper.

1 hour ago, CP_8 said:

Yeah this happened to me today, she scanned it (after much confusion) tried a local shop as I wasn’t in town. Got the receipt before I bought the paper, don’t understand that, but I bought the paper anyway