Resale Club 2019

McCor

45 minutes ago, Andy95 said:

How many shifts do you have to do and when for the car parks? :) 

I'm not sure a friend of mine has 4 shifts, starting on the Wednesday morning but I'm sure you could get away with less.

I believe you get staff parking and a wristband for the staff bars but don't quote me on that I should find out more today.

I would fill in the online application and give them a ring.

Morning!

I've revised my stance with regards to "work at Glasto not being for me" and just registered with the ctm people. I'm quite old, boring, sensible and always hanging around car parks so hopefully that'll get me in there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Morning!

I've revised my stance with regards to "work at Glasto not being for me" and just registered with the ctm people. I'm quite old, boring, sensible and always hanging around car parks so hopefully that'll get me in there.

Fair play dude. The Oxfam one is the closest ive ever got to thinking about work, but just cant do it. Glastonbury is my escape.

Just now, Perks said:

Fair play dude. The Oxfam one is the closest ive ever got to thinking about work, but just cant do it. Glastonbury is my escape.

Work a shift on Thursday and so a runner lol.

I think it may have been done before!

1 minute ago, rich@ said:

Work a shift on Thursday and so a runner lol.

I think it may have been done before!

Ah nah, i'd feel too guilty, i just couldnt do it.

Honestly if i was running a place of work there and someone ran off, i'd try and get there reg banned from ever going again. brutal

3 minutes ago, Perks said:

Ah nah, i'd feel too guilty, i just couldnt do it.

Honestly if i was running a place of work there and someone ran off, i'd try and get there reg banned from ever going again. brutal

Yea not a good idea, even less so for a charity such as Oxfam that has done so much for the festival for many years in return for donations directly from the festivals takings.

12 minutes ago, Perks said:

Know what you mean Perks but in recent years I've felt it would be nice to give something back....but if I can get there with a normal ticket then happy days indeed!!

24 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I'm sure I remember some nightmare stories about CTM in the past ie 12 hour shifts with no breaks etc, oh well, needs must!

Not certain on this but I think that in the past CTM have recruited a mix of paid staff and volunteers. The volunteers will work the standard-ish 24 hours total, whereas the paid staff will typically do 5x12 hour shifts which obviously doesn't leave much scope for enjoying the festival. So definitely worth checking which you're signing up for.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm using the VisualPing extension for Chrome and got a 'ping' on the event page this morning at 9am. Couldn't see any difference myself (or buy tickets ?). Think it said something about the logo but I can't find a history/log of changes. Just a heads up anyway.

just going by the time I suspect the See servers went busy for a moment (selling gig tickets), and you got an error page.

(checkpage filters those out to avoid unnecessary alerts).

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

just going by the time I suspect the See servers went busy for a moment (selling gig tickets), and you got an error page.

(checkpage filters those out to avoid unnecessary alerts).

Ah yeh ok thanks. Going to recommend that my friends (the ones who actually need tickets) sign up.

9 minutes ago, franathy said:

I'm feeling like no secret resale this year. There should be way more page changes going on at this point. Anyone else?

I've never had to rely on it until now...I know there wasn't one for 2017 but is there a ballpark date it happens if it happens?