Resale Club 2019

McCor

8 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Me neither! Apparently if all your ticks are green on your profile then you're in. 

Oh well I think I'm going then! Can't believe it!

Does anyone know if they are all gone. I'm trying for a friend...

16 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Me neither! Apparently if all your ticks are green on your profile then you're in. 

My interpretation of the confirmation mail is more conservative - in that only your application is confirmed once you have all the green ticks.  I would prefer to be wrong though.

3 hours ago, franathy said:

It was a Co Op. Will try again this morning!

Sounds like you might be sorted now with volunteering but for what it's worth I reckon you'd have more luck at a smaller independent place. They have dedicated paypoint/payzone scanners that make it straightforward for them. Plus things might be a bit quieter allowing them to try again if any issues.

2 minutes ago, cerv said:

Sounds like you might be sorted now with volunteering but for what it's worth I reckon you'd have more luck at a smaller independent place. They have dedicated paypoint/payzone scanners that make it straightforward for them. Plus things might be a bit quieter allowing them to try again if any issues.

I went back to Co Op today and got someone else and they did it. But yes think I'm volunteering now fingers crossed! 

28 minutes ago, Janaka said:

My interpretation of the confirmation mail is more conservative - in that only your application is confirmed once you have all the green ticks.  I would prefer to be wrong though.

That's true, but once you've paid the deposit, the steps to "final" confirmation with all green tickets should be within your own control. Fill out the profile, make sure your reference responds positively, book+attend training. Job done.

Missed on tickets for the first time in 9 years. Been keeping a close eye here and the Oxfam volunteering thing which i would love to do. Whats the deal with the training etc?? When and where does that happen?? Just if more spots come up i know what the deal is.

5 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Missed on tickets for the first time in 9 years. Been keeping a close eye here and the Oxfam volunteering thing which i would love to do. Whats the deal with the training etc?? When and where does that happen?? Just if more spots come up i know what the deal is.

I don't have the list, but usually various dates in decent sized cities around the country (England, anyway - I've heard Scotland is a bit absent) and occasionally an online option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

I don't have the list, but usually various dates in decent sized cities around the country (England, anyway - I've heard Scotland is a bit absent) and occasionally an online option.

Thank you for your reply. I had the page up to pay deposit for stewarding but i hesitated due to not knowing the training situation and getting extra time off work to do that. Thats the only issue i have. 

1 minute ago, TaylorT said:

Thank you for your reply. I had the page up to pay deposit for stewarding but i hesitated due to not knowing the training situation and getting extra time off work to do that. Thats the only issue i have. 

I may be wrong since I don’t have to do one this year, but I think most of the in-person training sessions have passed. When I did it in 2016 there was a small on-site training session on the Wednesday for folk that got their app in late though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

I chose the online one 1st June

Edited by Padgey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oakdown said:

I may be wrong since I don’t have to do one this year, but I think most of the in-person training sessions have passed. When I did it in 2016 there was a small on-site training session on the Wednesday for folk that got their app in late though. 

There was a stack of date/time options when I applied earlier today. Sorry was only looking at London ones but sure they were all over the country

Just now, oakdown said:

So basically it would be a case of potentially training on site?? That would be absolutely ideal. Just need to keep an eye if more positions come up now. You need to be on it like an absolute hawk!!