Resale Club 2019

McCor

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Wasn't the sun 10p at one time? cheaper than toilet roll...

It wouldn’t shock me to be fair.

So I’ve got 2 barcodes, 1 for me and 1 for my girlfriend. Do we think (or know) if I can scan both codes and buy 1 paper or am I gonna need to buy 2 papers? I’m not sure if it only “activates” my entry with a purchase per barcode...

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The guys at The Coop had no idea what was going on with the barcode. It wouldn’t scan, a manager had to come over and eventually it was typed in. This is gonna be fun!

The guy at mine tried scanning with the regular barcode scanner, it wasn’t until the second time he looked at the instructions he realised it was the paypoint system he should use. 

I’m sure they’ll have the hang of it around five days in 

8 minutes ago, Cm36 said:

The guy at mine tried scanning with the regular barcode scanner, it wasn’t until the second time he looked at the instructions he realised it was the paypoint system he should use. 

I’m sure they’ll have the hang of it around five days in 

I should've pointed that out to them, I'll remember for tomorrow.

I can't see the ordinary public sticking this one out, hopefully we have a good shot!

I had to go to 2 shops for mine as there was only 1 copy left in each. The guy in OneStop seemed fairly perplexed by it all, still don’t think he understood what had happened after I left :lol: 

CoOp was a lot better, although she did comment “Never seen that before” which is good as it means nobody else had entered. Whilst that was only my local shop I reckon that may be the reaction in most places.

Also, has anyone actually seen the info for how to win the tickets inside the actual paper?

I’ve only seen the ad on the front page, nothing in the guide mag and no obvious info inside the paper.

everything else I know about entering is through this site

10 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

After miserably failing to get tickets this year I received an email from Greenpeace letting me know that they’ve accepted my volunteer application. Very excited that I will be going after all!

That’s amazing news mate, congrats! Enjoy the festival. 

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

So after getting the paper I went to a Tesco to pick up some Mallets cider.

Bought some cases of the 4 packs and took them to self service. They wouldn’t let me buy them as I didn’t have my ID on me...

...i’m 31!

Can you tell me what face cream you use? 

I’m 52. Whatever it is I’ll need a shed load of the stuff !

The lady in my local paper shop refused to even try scanning the code and claimed to have no idea what PayPoint was despite me pointing at the big yellow P above the till ? ... luckily I managed to bag the last copy in OneStop where the staff were equally clueless but willing to give it a go!

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm a nerd and took my receipt back to the shop, it says they can use it for their reconciliations.

On your standard recipe it'll show 15p off which is part of the competition.

Tried Tesco (paypoint not working for last month), Local grocery showed on map (doesn’t sell papers), coop (has no idea but when through procedure, kept pp receipt and gave me till receipt showing 15p off). I feel there might not be many entries!

5 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Can you tell me what face cream you use? 

I’m 52. Whatever it is I’ll need a shed load of the stuff !

I'd like to tell you but the only thing I use/consume on a regular basis is alcohol so your guess is as good as mine!

I am blessed/cursed with a babyface so I should have seen it coming after shaving the beard a couple off days ago.

I had a read of it and it’s your usual festival advice, recommendations for festivals and stuff you usually see. Not Glastonbury centred at all.

The good news is all the info for the competition amounts to a one page ad about 3/4 of the way through the magazine long after the festival section.